CES 2019: New technologies and service models for the IoT
SoC, HD maps, MaaS, integrated cockpits, 5G, and AI speakers
|MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) cockpit|
This year’s CES 2019 was characterized by a number of announcements on new technologies and service models related to the IoT.
Regarding autonomous driving, last year's CES 2018 was still considered an exhibition of future technologies, but this year’s event consisted of numerous displays that demonstrated the realization of commercial autonomous driving technologies and products.
This report summarizes some of the content related to the IoT among the exhibits attracting the most attention at the CES 2019 and is based on the announcements of the respective companies.
- SoC: Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Renesas Electronics
- HD map: Mobileye, NVIDIA, Pioneer
- MaaS (Mobility as a Service): Denso, Continental, ZF, Auto X
- Integrated cockpit: Qualcomm, Panasonic, BYTON, Mercedes-Benz
- 5G: Samsung, D-Link, Continental, Intel, Qualcomm
- AI speaker: Google, Amazon
CES 2019: User experience, autonomous vehicles and mobility solutions (Feb. 2019)
CES 2019: Production models (Feb. 2019)
CES 2019: State of the Autonomous Vehicle Industry (Jan. 2019)
Tier 1 suppliers: Autonomous, Connected, and Mobility related businesses (Feb. 2019)