A members only information service that saves companies in the automotive industry time and money by providing essential information about suppliers around the world (including who supplies whom, plant data, and market trends), sales and production statistics, reports on technology and market trends, model plan data including forecasts, and more. All information is available in Japanese, Chinese, and English.
All of this information is gathered independently through means like press releases, interviews, purchases from independent agencies, and cooperation with other companies. The data is then integrated and analyzed, converted into a database for industry professionals, and made available to members.
What is a platform?
In the automotive industry, a platform is a series of components used in common for a number of different models to reduce development time and costs, as well as to raise quality. This is an increasingly mainstream development concept for automakers, who face stiff price competition.
Auto industry companies that access our "information platform" gain a similar effect to that described above. In short, it is a tool for optimizing information strategies.
A variety of information is essential for everyday business...
|Statistics||Automotive production and sales numbers are key indicators for management decisions.|
|Share information||Share information is essential for competitive analysis.|
|International exhibition information||Attending the automotive exhibitions held all around the world is a shortcut to understanding the trends of customers and competitors through direct contact with new products and technologies.|
|Industry journals||Reading financial journals is not enough. Industry journals are an important communication tool for related companies.|
|Monthly research reports||Monthly reports that sort through and analyze subjects like new technologies, markets, and OEM trends are a treasure trove of information for developing business materials.|
Purchasing all of these materials individually and traveling around the world to attend various events is prohibitively expensive. Our information platform is an all-in-one package that offers access to all manner of essential information with one ID.
2.Enriched content to meet customer needs
3.Convenient search functions and high practicality
- MarkLines has databases covering a variety of information such as vehicle sales/production volume, model changes and electric vehicle models that you can search using your preferred criteria.
- Text and images can be copied easily for purposes of secondary processing and data can also be cited in in-house documents.
- Information platform can be accessed from any PC, tablet, or smartphone at any time and any place to search for necessary information.
4.The service is offered in multiple languages to offer globalization support
Whether a company has already expanded overseas, or is planning to do so in the future, sharing information between offices is essential to truly become global.
The information platform offers nearly identical content in Japanese, English, and Chinese, and it is possible to switch between these languages with a single click.
5.A support network based in seven countries
After joining the MarkLines service members are supported by offices in Japan, the U.S., China, Thailand, Germany, India, and Mexico.
Available Information Menus
Automotive Sales and Production Data
＜Automotive Sales and Production Data＞
Sales volume https://www.marklines.com/en/vehicle_sales/
Production volume https://www.marklines.com/en/vehicle_production/
- A database of overwhelming size covering sales in 62 countries (97% of global sales) and production in 43 countries (99% of global production).
- The data is broken down by model each month (in some countries, by automaker).
- Search and Excel file downloads are possible by all key parameters including multiple countries, automaker, model, and segment (vehicle class).
- Refined search function for electric vehicles enables comprehension of new energy vehicle market size on a monthly basis.
- Production volume is linked to production plant information.
- For countries you are watching every month, we will send a notification email as soon as the results are announced.
Market & Tech Reports
＜Market & Tech Reports＞ https://www.marklines.com/en/report/
- MarkLines provides 200 reports each year on themes covering all angles such as by country, OEM, and technology. Users can grasp new automotive trends, new technologies, and strategies of each company.
- In CASE-related areas, MarkLines also provides deep-dive reports through our partnerships with specialty companies in various fields including VSI Labs for autonomous driving and TTDC for patent information.
- As for trade show information our coverage is extensive, from large-scale events such as motor shows in each country to manufacturing events in regions where it is difficult to visit.
- We are publishing vehicle teardown reports (Nissan Leaf, Tesla, Toyota Prius PHV, etc.) in partnership with Japanese public institutions.and Munro & Associates, an engineering firm in US.
Who Supplies Whom 300 components supply chain
＜Who Supplies Whom 300 components supply chain＞ https://www.marklines.com/en/wsw/
- You can search our 260,000 item database for the component suppliers’ order status of about 300 components. Please use it to understand the trends of component suppliers and buyers.
- Market share graphs are published for about 40 items, and you can apprehend at a glance component manufacturers’ sphere of influence. In the future, we plan to expand the share information to 100 components.
- By switching tabs, you can peruse supply chains in 5 regions (Japan, China, ASEAN, the Americas, and Europe).
Model Launch Schedules
＜Model Launch Schedules＞ https://www.marklines.com/en/modelchange/
- MarkLines provides new vehicle and full model change information for the next five years.
- Coverage of major Japanese, European, American, and Chinese OEMs by major countries, representing over 70% of global production volume.
- With visual data, model and platform (chassis) transitions are seen at a glance; the same platforms are displayed in the same colors.
- The engine displacements and other features are also listed, making it easy to imagine the models.
- MarkLines provides 30 global news articles every day, over 8,500 per year.
- Local news from the major automotive countries (Japan, China, India, Thailand, USA, Europe) is delivered quickly. You can catch articles that are not available except in the local language in a timely manner.
- Because we publish high quality articles based in partnership with the Nikkan Jidosha Shimbun (Japan Automotive Daily) and various overseas media, you will obtain reliable information.
- You can do a keyword search on the data of the 80,000 articles published since 2002, enabling pin-point search of the contents of interest.
- The same news is published in three languages, English, Japanese, and Chinese, enabling you to switch languages to share information easily with overseas sites.
＜Search Suppliers＞ https://www.marklines.com/en/supplier_db/
- From a parts classification of about 1000 components you can search the information of more than 60,000 tier1 and tier2 suppliers from around the world.
- Search by manufacturing process such as injection molding or die-casting is also possible.
- Because you can search on OEMs such as Toyota, Honda and Nissan and on region or country, you can select a region and sort for component suppliers delivering to Toyota.
- For companies in Thailand, financial information and representative corporate officers’ data is registered, making it useful for business contacts.
- All search results can be displayed on Google Maps, so you can see multiple parts suppliers location distribution.
Major Parts Suppliers Reports
＜Major Parts Suppliers Reports＞ https://www.marklines.com/en/top500/
- The latest trends of about 400 of the largest component suppliers in the world including 140 companies in Japan, 77 in China, 39 in Germany, and 49 in the U.S. are shown.
- Since we cover motor shows and trade shows in countries around the world and photograph all the exhibition contents of each company, you will be able to see competitors’ and customers’ products and panels at shows which you cannot attend.
- Information of equipped vehicle models and model year is posted for each product.
- When information on a company you are interested in is updated, we will send you a notification email.
OEM Plants Interactive Map
＜OEM Plants Interactive Map＞ https://www.marklines.com/en/global/
- For 1,140 complete vehicle assembly plants in the world, 315 engine plants, and 127 transmission plants, information encompassing production models, production capacities and actual results are presented.
- The production capacity of each plant can be confirmed even by the size of the circles on the Capacity Distribution maps.
- The information can be downloaded in Excel file format, enabling sorts by OEM or by plant.
Electric / Autonomous
＜Electric / Autonomous＞ https://www.marklines.com/en/green_vehicles/case_top
- This database comprises the major specifications of the major 600 models of HV, PHV, EV, and FCV in the world.
- The posted contents are the specs of motors (output, torque), batteries (type, capacity), and electric power consumption, and equipment information such as sonars, radars, cameras, alerts, and monitors for autonomous driving.
- Model search for autonomous driving Levels 0 through 3 is possible.
- Connected technology (communications devices, connected services) is also covered.
Annual Service Fees
Download the application form and send it MarkLines by E-mail.
Register new users individually.
We will provide IDs and passwords by email. Use these to login from the designated page.
All of MarkLines services become available for use.
What is the Automotive Industry Portal?
MarkLines Automotive Industry Portal offers two services to companies around the world. The first is the "Information Platform," which posts a variety of information about the automotive industry on our website. The second is the "LINES" promotional service, through which companies can advertise their products to Japanese OEMs.