-The Company is a global leader in the design, manufacturing, sale and servicing of diesel and alternative fuel engines and related components and technologies.
-The Company is organized into four business segments:
- Engine Segment: The segment manufactures diesel and natural gas engines for on-highway and off-highway vehicles including medium-duty and heavy-duty buses and trucks, passenger vehicles, agricultural equipment, mining vehicles, and marine vehicles.
- Power Systems Segment: The segment manufactures high-speed high-horsepower engines for applications including mining, rail, defense, and commercial marine. The segment also provides power generators for consumer, commercial, industrial, data centers, and health care applications.
- Components Segment: The segment is divided into four businesses: Cummins Filtration, which manufactures air, fuel, hydraulic and lube filter technologies; Cummins Turbo Technologies, which produces turbochargers and related products; Cummins Emission Solutions, which designs and manufactures exhaust aftertreatment technologies and solutions; and Cummins Fuel Systems, which develops and remanufactures fuel systems.
- Distribution Segment: The segment provides services and distributes the full range of the Company’s products over 80 distribution territories.
-Of the Company’s four business segments, the Engine Segment and Components Segment supplies products to the automotive industry.
- Caterpillar (CAT)
- Daimler Trucks
- Detroit Diesel
- Fiat Power Systems
- Guangxi Yuchai
- Hino Power
- International Truck and Engine
- Volvo Powertrain
- Weichai Power
-Listed on New York Stock Exchange.
-Diesel engines for pickup trucks
-Natural gas engines for heavy-duty trucks
-Diesel engines for heavy-duty trucks
-Diesel engines for medium-duty trucks
-Natural gas engines for medium-duty trucks
-Diesel engines for light commercial vehicles
-Diesel engines for trucks and buses
-Natural gas engines for trucks and buses
- Air filters
- Fuel filters
- Lubrication filters
- Hydraulic filters
- Transmission filters
- High pressure injection systems
- Common rail pumps
- Extreme pressure injection systems
- Electronically controlled unit injection systems
- Fixed geometry turbochargers
- Wastegate turbochargers
- Holset VGT: Variable Geometry Turbochargers
- Power turbines
- Two-stage turbochargers
- Selective catalytic reduction systems
- Natural gas three-way catalyst
- NOx absorber
- Hydrocarbon dosing systems
- Urea dosing systems
- Urea tanks & lines
- Electronic control units
- Single Module high efficiency aftertreatment systems
- Pressure sensors
- Temperature sensors
- NOx sensors
- Oxygen sensors
Supplemental Information 1
Major Manufacturing Joint Ventures
Dongfeng Cummins Engine Company, Ltd.
-Dongfeng Cummins Engine Company, Ltd. (DCEC) is a joint venture in China with Dongfeng Automotive Co. Ltd., a subsidiary of Dongfeng Motor Corporation (Dongfeng). DCEC produces Cummins 4- to 13-liter mechanical engines, full-electronic diesel engines, with a power range from 125 to 545 horsepower, and natural gas engines.
Chongqing Cummins Engine Company, Ltd.
-Chongqing Cummins Engine Company, Ltd. is a joint venture in China with Chongqing Machinery and Electric Co. Ltd. The joint venture manufactures several models of Cummins heavy-duty and high-horsepower diesel engines, primarily serving the industrial and stationary power markets in China.
Beijing Foton Cummins Engine Co., Ltd.
-Beijing Foton Cummins Engine Co., Ltd. is a joint venture in China with Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd., a commercial vehicle manufacturer, which consists of two distinct lines of business, a light-duty vehicle business and a heavy-duty vehicle business. The high performance light-duty diesel engine’s main market is China. The engine is also exported to Brazil and Russia.
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2006
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2007
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2008
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2009
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2010
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2011
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2012
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2013
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2014
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2015
Note: A figure in brackets ( ) indicates a loss