-The Company is a global leader in the design, manufacturing, sale and servicing of diesel and alternative fuel engines and related components and technologies, such as filtration, aftertreatment, turbochargers, fuel systems, control systems, air handling systems, transmissions and electric power generation systems.
-The Company is organized into four business segments:
- Engine: The segment manufactures diesel and natural gas engines for on-highway and off-highway vehicles including medium-duty and heavy-duty buses and trucks, passenger vehicles, agricultural equipment, mining vehicles, and marine vehicles.
- Power Systems: The segment manufactures high-speed high-horsepower engines for applications including mining, rail, defense, and commercial marine. The segment also provides power generators for consumer, commercial, industrial, data centers, and health care applications.
- Components: The segment is divided into four businesses: Cummins Filtration, which manufactures air, fuel, hydraulic and lube filter technologies; Cummins Turbo Technologies, which produces turbochargers and related products; Cummins Emission Solutions, which designs and manufactures exhaust aftertreatment technologies and solutions; and Cummins Fuel Systems, which develops and remanufactures fuel systems.
- Distribution: The segment provides services and distributes the full range of the Company’s products over 80 distribution territories.
-Of the Company’s four business segments, the Engine segment and Components segment supplies products to the automotive industry.
- Caterpillar (CAT)
- Daimler Trucks
- Detroit Diesel
- Fiat Power Systems
- Guangxi Yuchai
- Hino Power
- International Truck and Engine
- Rolls-Royce Power Systems
- Volvo Powertrain
- Weichai Power
-The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
-Diesel engines for pickup trucks
-Natural gas engines for heavy-duty trucks
-Diesel engines for heavy-duty trucks
-Diesel engines for medium-duty trucks
-Natural gas engines for medium-duty trucks
-Diesel engines for light commercial vehicles
-Diesel engines for trucks and buses
-Natural gas engines for trucks and buses
- Air filters
- Fuel filters
- Lubrication filters
- Hydraulic filters
- Transmission filters
- Coolants and chemicals
- Crankcase ventilation management systems
- Lubrication products
- High pressure injection systems
- Common rail pumps
- Extreme pressure injection systems
- Electronically controlled unit injection systems
- Fixed geometry turbochargers
- Wastegate turbochargers
- Holset VGT: Variable Geometry Turbochargers
- Power turbines
- Two-stage turbochargers
- Selective catalytic reduction systems
- Natural gas three-way catalyst
- NOx absorber
- Hydrocarbon dosing systems
- Urea dosing systems
- Urea tanks & lines
- Electronic control units
- Single Module high efficiency aftertreatment systems
- Pressure sensors
- Temperature sensors
- NOx sensors
- Oxygen sensors
Supplemental Information 1
Major Manufacturing Joint Ventures
Dongfeng Cummins Engine Company, Ltd.
-Dongfeng Cummins Engine Company, Ltd. (DCEC) is a joint venture in China with Dongfeng Automotive Co. Ltd., a subsidiary of Dongfeng Motor Corporation (Dongfeng). DCEC produces Cummins 4- to 13-liter mechanical engines, full-electronic diesel engines, with a power range from 125 to 545 horsepower, and natural gas engines.
Chongqing Cummins Engine Company, Ltd.
-Chongqing Cummins Engine Company, Ltd. is a joint venture in China with Chongqing Machinery and Electric Co. Ltd. The joint venture manufactures several models of Cummins heavy-duty and high-horsepower diesel engines, primarily serving the industrial and stationary power markets in China.
Beijing Foton Cummins Engine Co., Ltd.
-Beijing Foton Cummins Engine Co., Ltd. is a joint venture in China with Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd., a commercial vehicle manufacturer, which consists of two distinct lines of business, a light-duty vehicle business and a heavy-duty vehicle business. The high performance light-duty diesel engine’s main market is China. The engine is also exported to Brazil and Russia.
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2006
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2007
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2008
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2009
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2010
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2011
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2012
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2013
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2014
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2015
>>>Business Report FY ended Dec. 31, 2016
Note: A figure in brackets ( ) indicates a loss