Johnson Electric Group
-A leading manufacturer of motors
- The organization is structured into 3 business unit groups, the Automotive Products Group, the Industry Products Group and Medtech (the medical products group).
-The Company's main markets are Europe, China and North America. Europe is the biggest market. In 2015, the Company's conbined sales in Europe, China and North America reached 1,895.62 million yuan, accounting for 85% of overall sales.
|-Listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchanges||(As of Mar.31, 2016)|
|Shareholders||Approximate % of shareholding|
|Yik-Chun Koo Wang *notes (1),(2)||62.65%|
|Ansbacher (Bahamas) Limited *(1)||23.23%|
|HSBC International Trustee Limited *(1)||21.66%|
|Great Sound Global Limited *(3)||21.46%|
|Winibest Company Limited *(4)||21.46%|
|Federal Trust Company Limited *(1)||15.95%|
|Schroders Plc *||7.97%|
|Ceress International Investment (PTC) Corporation *(6)||6.34%|
|Merriland Overseas Limited *(6)||6.02%|
1. The shares in which Ansbacher (Bahamas) Limited and Federal Trust Company Limited were interested and 188,636,340 of the shares in which HSBC International Trustee Limited was interested were held, directly or indirectly, by them as the trustees of various trusts associated with the Wang family and were included in the shares in which Ms. Yik-Chun Koo Wang was interested as referred to above under Directors’ Interests of Disclosure of Interests.
2. The shares in which Ms. Yik-Chun Koo Wang was interested as referred to above formed part of the shares referred to in Note 1.
3. The interests of Great Sound Global Limited in the Company formed part of the interests in the Company held by HSBC International Trustee Limited.
4. The interests of Winibest Company Limited in the Company were duplicated by the interests in the Company held by Great Sound Global Limited.
5. The interests of Ceress International Investment (PTC) Corporation in the Companyformed part of the interests in the Company held by Federal Trust Company Limited.
6. The interests of Merriland Overseas Limited in the Company formed part of the interests in the Company held by Federal Trust Company Limited.
Motors for automotive applications
- Door lock
- Headlamp adjuster
- Mirror adjuster
- Washer pump
- Headlamp washer
- Steering wheel lock
- Cinching latch
- Lumbar support
- Windshield wiper
- Seat adjuster
- Window lift
- Sunroof control
- Pedal adjuster
- Lumbar support
- Electronic controller
- ABS Pump
- Climate control actuator
- Cooling fan modules
- AC fan modules
- Electronic controllers
- Water pumps
- Sensor fan
- Oil pump
- Circulation pump
- HVAC blower
- Engine fuel management
- Engine air management
- Air pump
- Electric parking brake
- 4WD transfer case
- Transmission shifter
- Hydraulic pump
- Electric steering
- Steering adjust
- Suspension leveling
Chassis steering and suspension
- Steering lock
- Stability control
Motion and actuation systems
- HVAC actuators
- Headlight adjustment
- Door locking actuators
- Door latch
- Window push button switches
|1959||The Company was founded to produce micro motors.|
|1970||Sales at the company were US$1.7 Million.|
|1972||Mr. Patrick Wang established AC Motor Business|
|1976||Established Johnson Electric in USA. Began production of micromotors for the automotive Industry.|
|1980||Sales at the Company were US$16 Million.|
|1982||Established plant in Shajing, China.|
|1984||Listed on Hong Kong Stock Exchange.|
|1985||Plant in Tai Po Industrial Estate Hong Kong began operation.|
|1988||Established Johnson Electric branch office in Japan.|
|1989||Established Johnson Electric in Thailand.|
|1990||Sales at Johnson Electric were US$126 Million.|
|1992||Opened R & D center in Stuttgart, Germany.|
|1995||Received ISO 9002 (in China Plants) from Llyod''s Register Quality Assurance.|
|1997||In Thailand ISO 9002 accredited by SGS Yarsley, International Certification Services.|
|1998||QS-9000 certified on DC Micromotors and Armatures for Engine Management Systems by Underwriters Laboratories for operations in mainland China, Hong Kong, Germany and the United States.|
|1999||Acquisition of Electric Motor Systems from Lear Corporation including Gate SpA in Italy for Cooling Fan Module.
QS9000/ISO9001 certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
|2000||Formation of a joint-venture company, Nidec Johnson Electric for Audio Visual Market with Nidec Corporation of Japan.
Sales at Johnson Electric were US$677 Million.
|2001||Automotive and Commercial Groups established.
Acquired motors business of Textron Automotive Co''s Kautex Textron division.
Acquired seat motor business of ArvinMeritor''s Light Vehicle Systems division.
|2004||Acquired 100% stake in Nidec Johnson Electric for audio visual products.
Expanded North American automotive operations with the completion of a state-of-the-art technical center in Plymouth, Michigan.
Acquired a 51% stake in Nanomotion Ltd., which manufactures high-precision piezo ceramic motors.
Acquired a 100% stake in Nihon Mini Motor that produces optical disc drive products for cameras.
Set up its Value Innovation Program (VIP) Center.
|2010||Johnson Electric International AG opened a new plant in Chennai, India.|
|2010||Opened a new manufacturing facility in Beihai, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China.|
|2012||Constructed a new plant in
|Sep. 2014||A new plant opended in Nis, Serbia.|
|Aug. 2015||The Company acquired 100% shares of Stackpole International from S.I. Investors. at CAD 867 million.|
|Feb. 2016||The Company announced that it will acquire 100% of AML Développement shares for EUR 65 million.|
Supplemental Information 1
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2007
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2008
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2009
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2010
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2011
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2012
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2013
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2014
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2015
Note: A figure in brackets ( ) indicates a loss