Johnson Electric Group
-A leading manufacturer of precision motors, drive sub-systems and related electromechanical parts.
-The organization is structured into 3 business unit groups, the Automotive Products Group, the Industry Products Group and Components and services.
-The Company's main markets are Europe, China and North America. Europe is the biggest market. In 2016, the Company's conbined sales in Europe, China and North America reached 2,116.61 million dollars, accounting for 76% of overall sales.
|-Listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchanges||(As of Mar.31, 2017)|
|Shareholders||Approximate % of shareholding|
|Yik-Chun Koo Wang *notes (1),(2)||56.34|
|Ansbacher (Bahamas) Limited *(1)||25.23|
|HSBC International Trustee Limited *(1)||21.70|
|Great Sound Global Limited *(3)||21.50|
|Winibest Company Limited *(4)||21.50|
|Federal Trust Company Limited *(1)||15.95|
|Schroders Plc *||7.97|
|Peter Kin-Chung Wang||6.36|
|Ceress International Investment (PTC) Corporation *(6)||6.34|
|Merriland Overseas Limited *(6)||6.02|
1. The shares in which Ansbacher (Bahamas) Limited was interested, 188,956,840 of the shares in which HSBC International Trustee Limited was interested and 84,475,360 of the shares in which Federal Trust Company Limited was interested were held, directly or indirectly, by them as trustees of various trusts associated with the Wang family and were included in the shares in which Yik-Chun Koo Wang was interested as referred to above under Directors’ Disclosure of Interests.
2. The shares in which Yik-Chun Koo Wang was interested as referred to above formed part of the shares referred to in Note 1.
3. The interests of Great Sound Global Limited in the Company formed part of the interests in the Company held by HSBC International Trustee Limited.
4. The interests of Winibest Company Limited in the Company were duplicated by the interests in the Company held by Great SoundGlobal Limited.
5. 55,753,520 shares in which Ceress International Investment (PTC) Corporation was interested were held by it as a trustee of a unit trust of which all issued units were held by a trust of which Peter Kin-Chung Wang was a beneficiary. 144,250 shares were held beneficially by Peter Kin-Chung Wang’s spouse. All these shares were included in the shares in which Peter Kin-Chung Wang was interested as referred to above under Directors’ Disclosure of Interests.
6. The interests of Ceress International Investment (PTC) Corporation in the Company formed part of the interests in the Company held by Federal Trust Company Limited. The interests of Ceress International Investment (PTC) Corporation in the Company formed part ofthe interests held by Peter Kin-Chung Wang as referred to in Note 5.
7. The interests of Merriland Overseas Limited in the Company formed part of the interests in the Company held by Federal Trust Company Limited.
Motors and Solenoids
-EC Motors Brushless
-Piezo Motors and Subsystems
-Haptic Motion Products
Pumps and Valves
Flex Circuits and Microelectronics
-FFC:Flat Flexible Cable
-EMI Shielded Flexible Circuits
Switches and Relays
-Microswitches (Snap Action Switches)
-TIPPMATIC Auto Power-Off
-Manually Operated Switches
-Panel Mounted Switches
-Automotive Switches and Subsystems
-Smart Meter Relays
Powder Metal Components
|1959||The Company was founded to produce micro motors.|
|1970||Sales at the company were US$1.7 Million.|
|1972||Mr. Patrick Wang established AC Motor Business|
|1976||Established Johnson Electric in USA. Began production of micromotors for the automotive Industry.|
|1980||Sales at the Company were US$16 Million.|
|1982||Established plant in Shajing, China.|
|1984||Listed on Hong Kong Stock Exchange.|
|1985||Plant in Tai Po Industrial Estate Hong Kong began operation.|
|1988||Established Johnson Electric branch office in Japan.|
|1989||Established Johnson Electric in Thailand.|
|1990||Sales at Johnson Electric were US$126 Million.|
|1992||Opened R & D center in Stuttgart, Germany.|
|1995||Received ISO 9002 (in China Plants) from Llyod''s Register Quality Assurance.|
|1997||In Thailand ISO 9002 accredited by SGS Yarsley, International Certification Services.|
|1998||QS-9000 certified on DC Micromotors and Armatures for Engine Management Systems by Underwriters Laboratories for operations in mainland China, Hong Kong, Germany and the United States.|
|1999||Acquisition of Electric Motor Systems from Lear Corporation including Gate SpA in Italy for Cooling Fan Module.
QS9000/ISO9001 certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
|2000||Formation of a joint-venture company, Nidec Johnson Electric for Audio Visual Market with Nidec Corporation of Japan.
Sales at Johnson Electric were US$677 Million.
|2001||Automotive and Commercial Groups established.
Acquired motors business of Textron Automotive Co''s Kautex Textron division.
Acquired seat motor business of ArvinMeritor''s Light Vehicle Systems division.
|2004||Acquired 100% stake in Nidec Johnson Electric for audio visual products.
Expanded North American automotive operations with the completion of a state-of-the-art technical center in Plymouth, Michigan.
Acquired a 51% stake in Nanomotion Ltd., which manufactures high-precision piezo ceramic motors.
Acquired a 100% stake in Nihon Mini Motor that produces optical disc drive products for cameras.
Set up its Value Innovation Program (VIP) Center.
|2010||Johnson Electric International AG opened a new plant in Chennai, India.|
|2010||Opened a new manufacturing facility in Beihai, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China.|
|2012||Constructed a new plant in
|2013||Established a new plant in Serbia.|
|Sep. 2014||A new plant opended in Nis, Serbia.|
|2015||Established second plant in Mexico and acquired 100% shares of Stackpole International from S.I. Investors.|
|2016||The Company announced that it acquired 100% of AML Développement shares, increased shares from 60% to 70% of Ri Yong-Jea and opened plant in Poland.|
|2017||The Company increased shares in Halla Stackpole and inaugurated its new plant in Arujá, Brazil.|
Supplemental Information 1
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2007
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2008
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2009
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2010
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2011
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2012
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2013
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2014
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2015
>>>Johnson Electric Group Business Report FY ended Mar. 2016
Note: A figure in brackets ( ) indicates a loss