Visteon Group (China)

Company Profile

■URL

http://www.visteon.com

■Address

No.1001, Qinzhou Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai 200233, China

Business Overview

-The Visteon Group launched business in China in 1994.

-Visteon Asia Pacific Inc. was established in Shanghai in 2003 to oversee the Group's operations in the Asia Pacific region.

-In December 2013, the Visteon Group sold all of its interest in Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. to its Chinese joint venture partner Huayu Automotive.

-The Group conducts its business in electronics division in China. Electronics products business, which is carried out mainly at Yanfeng Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd.  is now the Group's key business sector in China. The company also set up the Global Electronics Products Group in Shanghai.

Products

<Electronics Division>
- Entertainment
- Audio systems
- Radios
- Audio amplifiers
- VCD/DVD players
- Telematics
- Car navigation
- Anti-theft alarms
- Air conditioner controllers
- Instrument meters
- Clocks
- ECU

<Powertrain Control Division>
- Engine ECUs

History

Nov. 1994 Ford and Shanghai Automotive Industry (Group) Corp. jointly established Shanghai Yanfeng Automotive Trim Co., Ltd. Ford had a 51 percent stake in the company and Shanghai Automotive Industry (Group) Corp held the remaining stake.
Dec. 1994 The Company established Shanghai Fudian Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd. jointly with Ford.
June 1995 The Company established United Aluminum Radiator Co., Ltd. jointly with Ford and China FAW.
Oct. 1995 Ownership in the company was changed to 50-50, from 51 percent by Ford and 49 percent by Shanghai Automotive Industry (Group) Corp, respectively.
March 1996 The Company and Jiangling Motors jointly established Jiangxi Fuchang Climate Systems Co., Ltd.
Dec. 1997 Shanghai Yanfeng Automotive Trim Co., Ltd. and Johnson Controls Inc. jointly established Shanghai Yanfeng Johnson Controls Seating Co., Ltd., with ownership in the company 60% and 40%, respectively.

June 2000

Visteon was spun off from Ford Motor Company and acquired 50 percent of the ownership in Shanghai Yanfeng Automotive Trim Co., Ltd.
2000 The Company established Yanfeng Visteon Technology Center.
Nov. 2001 Shanghai Yanfeng Automotive Trim Co., Ltd. established Yanfeng Visteon (Chongqing) Automotive Trim System Co., Ltd.
Jan. 2002 Shanghai Yanfeng Automotive Trim Co., Ltd. adopted a new name, Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd.
June 2002 Shanghai Fudian Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd. adopted a new name, Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd.
Nov. 2002 Visteon and Beijing Automotive Industry jointly established Visteon Climate Control (Beijing) Co., Ltd., with Visteon holding a 75% stake and Beijing Automotive Industry the remaining 25%.
Dec. 2002 Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. and Beijing Automotive Industry jointly established Yanfeng Visteon (Beijing) Automotive Trim System Co., Ltd., with Visteon holding a 75% stake and Beijing Automotive Industry the remaining 25%.
Sep. 2003 Visteon, Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd., and Dongfeng Electronic Technology jointly established Dongfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. They respectively own a 20%, 40% and 40% stake.
Oct. 2003 The Group moved its Asia Pacific headquarters from Yokoyama, Japan to Shanghai, China.
May 2004 Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. (50.1%) and Key Safety Systems of the U.S.A. (49.9%) jointly established Yanfeng Key (Shanghai) Automotive Safety Systems Co., Ltd.
Aug. 2004 The Company and Halla Climate Control Corp. jointly established Halla Climate Control ( Dalian ) Co., Ltd.
Dec. 2004 Visteon (12.5%) and Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd.(75%) jointly established Yanfeng Visteon Jinqiao Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd.
Dec. 2004 Visteon (29.09%) and Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd. (58.44%) acquired Jiangsu Toppower Tech. Co., Ltd. and established Jiangsu Toppower Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd.
Dec. 2004 Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd. acquired Shaoxing Betung Inetrument Co., Ltd. and established Yanfeng Visteon Betung Automotive Instrumentation Co., Ltd.
June 2005 The Company purchased a 50 percent stake in Changzhou TYC Auto Lamps Co., Ltd., a Chinese subsidiary of TYC Brother Industrial Co., Ltd., and renamed the company Visteon TYC Auto Lamps Co., Ltd.
Aug. 2005 The Company and Changan Motor jointly established Chongqing Changan Visteon Engine Control Systems Co., Ltd.
Nov. 2005 The Company established Visteon China Technical Center (CTC).
Feb. 2006 The Company transferred the Electronics Product Group to Visteon China Technical Center (CTC) in Shanghai, China.
Dec. 2006 Visteon, Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd., and Shanghai Automotive Industry (Group) jointly established Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Tooling Co., Ltd.
Apr. 2007 The Company and Plastic Omnium Auto Exteriors jointly established Yanfeng Plastic Omnium Automotive Exterior Systems Co., Ltd. to manufacture bumpers and other exterior components.
May 2007 Japan Climate Systems Corporation, the Group's subsidiary in Japan, established Jie Xi Si (Nanjing) automotive Climate Control Co., Ltd. in Nanjing by providing 100 percent of the needed capital.
Oct. 2007 Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. and Jianghuai Automobile jointly established Yanfeng Visteon (Hefei) Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. with each company investing 80 percent and 20 percetn of the needed capital, respectively.
Oct. 2008 Jiangxi Fuchang Climate Systems Co., Ltd. carried out a plant expansion project and adopted a new name, Visteon Climate Control (Nanchang) Co., Ltd. (VCCN).
Nov. 2008 Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. and Shanghai liansheng Automobile Supply & Services Co., Ltd. jointly established Shanghai Jiqiang Automotive Part System Co., Ltd.
Feb. 2010 Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. and Nanjing Donghua Automotive Industrial Co., Ltd. jointly established Yanfeng Visteon (Nanjing) Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd..
Feb. 2010 Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. and Nanjing Donghua Automotive Industrial Co., Ltd. jointly established Nanjing Donghua Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Parts Systems Co., Ltd..
Mar. 2011 Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd.  and Beijing Hainachuan Automotive Parts Co. Ltd. jointly established Beijing Hainachuan Yanfeng Automotive Module Systems Co., Ltd.
Jan. 2013 Yanfeng Visteon (Ningbo) Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. was established.
Visteon sold its automotive climate control business to Halla Climate, including 18 companies. The eighteen companies and the percentage to be transferred are as follows:Visteon Climate Control System (Chongqing) Co., Ltd.(Production company in China, 100.00%); Visteon Climate Control (Nanchang) Co., Ltd.(Production company in China, 80.85%); FAWER Visteon Climate Control System (Changchun) Company Limited(Production company in China, 50.00%); Halla Climate Control (Dalian) Co., Ltd.(Production company in China, 24.90%); Japan Climate Systems Corporation(Production company in Japan, 33.33%); Visteon Japan Climate Ltd.(R&D center in Japan, 100.00%); Visteon Climate Systems India Ltd. (Production company in India, 61.00%); etc.
Dec. 2013 The Visteon Group sold all of its interest in Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. to its Chinese joint venture partner Huayu Automotive.
Jun. 2014 Changchun Faway Automobile Components Co., Ltd. announced that Johnson Controls Asia Holdings Co., Ltd., its joint-venture partner, will transfer the entire 50 percent share it holds in Changchun FAWAY Johnson Controls Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd. to Visteon Global Electronic, Inc. When the transaction is completed, Changchun FAWAY Johnson Controls Automotive Electronics will be owned 50 percent each by Changchun Faway and the Visteon Group.
Aug. 2014 Visteon uses its pre-emption right to buy 49% shares in Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd., the joint venture with Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd.

Supplemental Information 1