Visteon Group (China) FY2005-FY2006
- In March, 2006, Key Safety Systems established Asia Technology and Production Center within the site of Yanfeng Key (Shanghai) Automotive Safety Systems. The new facility develops and engineers products to support new businesses that Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. has won since its inception in June 2004. It also functions as Asian headquarters of Key Safety Systems.
New global electronics facility in Shanghai
- In February 2006, Visteon of the U.S. established a new development center in China to develop global electronics products in response to the rapidly growing electronics markets in Asia, especially in China. Located in Visteon China Technical Center (CTC), the development center will focus on engineering audio systems, entertainment systems, driver information systems, powertrain control systems, and lighting products. Based on this, the Group, which has grown to become the largest supplier of automotive interior parts in China, aims to become the industry's leader in the electronics segment as well.
<Climate Control Division>
- Halla Climate Control (Dalian), a supplier of air conditioning compressors, began operating in May 2006. The joint venture was established between Visteon (40 percent) and Halla Climate Control (60 percent) in August 2004. It supplies primarily to Beijing Hyundai Motor.
- In June 2005, the Company acquired a 50 percent of the share in Changzhou TYC Auto Lamps (a Chinese subsidiary of TYC Brother Industrial) and established Visteon TYC Auto Lamps, making a foray into the lighting business.
- In November 2005, the Company and Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. jointly established Visteon China Technical Center (CTC), which will integrate the group's engineering activities that focus on automotive interior and electronic parts in the Asia Pacific region. CTC will also focus on developing various products, some to be marketed globally and others to specific countries. The Technical Center, which has an engineering wing, administration wing, testing wing, and development wing, is built on 18,000 square meters of land in the Caohejing Hi-Tech Park (SCHTP) in Shanghai. With easy access to Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems, which is also located in the area, CTC contributes to reinforcing ties between Visteon and SAIC Motor.
Visteon China Technical Center (CTC)
|Year Established||November 2005|
|Address||Hongcao Road, Shanghai|
|Facilities||- Engineering wing, office wing, testing wing, and R&D wing|
- Shanghai-based Visteon Electronics Product Group developed the next-generation, "dockable" DVD for use in Nintendo Game Boy Advance. In January 2006, the product was showcased at the Consumer Electronics Show held in Las Vegas, U.S.A.
- In September 2006, Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems launched production of the Bluetooth hands-free system. This new system, which was jointly developed with Parrot, is installed in Nissan's Bluebird Sylphy for the Chinese market. The high-end, hands-free system has sound recognition capability and is already been supplied to Nissan's plants in North America and other key markets.