Visteon Group (China) FY2007-FY2008
<Interior and Exterior Systems Division>
|1. Interior parts||The Trim Division has a leading share of the interior trim market in China through Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd., a joint venture between the Visteon Group and Shanghai Automotive. In China, the company has the largest share in the instrument meter market. It is also one of the leading suppliers of instrument panels. (FY2007)|
|2. Seats||Shanghai Yanfeng Johnson Controls Seating Co., Ltd., which is a joint venture company between Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems and Johnson Controls, has the greatest share of the domestic car seat market. (FY2007)|
|3. Safety Systems||Yanfeng Key (Shanghai) Automotive Safety Systems Co., Ltd., which is a joint venture between Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems and Key Safety Systems, has the leading share in the airbag markets in China. (FY2007)|
|4. Exterior parts||The Company launched its exterior trim business in 2007, jointly with Plastic Omnium.|
Expansion project at Dongfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems' Wuhan Plant
- In December, 2007, Dongfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd., which was jointly established by the Visteo Group and Dongfeng Electronic Technology Co., Ltd., completed its plant expansion project in Wuhan. The 7.75 million yuan project raised the facility's annual production capacity to where it can produce 300,000 trim products. The expansion included new production lines to handle injection molding, painting of instrument panels, parts assembly, and welding at an added 4,100-square meter facility. The aims of this construction project are to meet rising demand from Dongfeng-Peugeot-Citroen Automobile, Visteon's largest customer, and to cater to diversified requirements from other carmakers.
Yanfeng Visteon Jinqiao Automotive Trim Systems' new plant project in Shenyang
- In October 2007, Yanfeng Visteon Jinqiao Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. (Yanfeng Visteon) held a gala groundbreaking ceremony at the plant site for its new facility in Dadong District, Shenyang City. The new plant will supply cockpit modules, instrument panels, and other interior trim components to companies including Shanghai GM (Shenyang) Norsom Motors Co., Ltd.; and Shenyang Brilliance Jinbei Automobile Co., Ltd.
Joint-venture company with Jianghuai Automobile
- In October 2007, Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. and Jianghuai Automotive (JAC) established a joint-venture company to produce seats and interior parts in Hefei, Anhui in where JAC is located. The new company, Yanfeng Visteon (Hefei) Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. supplies auto parts such as seat systems, instrument panels, door trims, pillars, and carpets to JAC. It is owned 80 percent by Yangfeng Visteon and 20 percent by JAC. Operations began on January 3, 2009.
Increased sales of airgbags
- Sales of airbags surged at Yanfeng Key (Shanghai) Automotive Safety Systems in 2007, surpassing those of steering wheels, which is the company's flagship product.
Joint-venture company with Plastic Omnium Auto Exteriors
- In April, 2007, Plastic Omnium Auto Exteriors and Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. received the green light from the Chinese government to establish Yanfeng Plastic Omnium Automotive Exterior Systems Co (YFPO). The ratio of capital shareholdings in the joint venture company will be 49.95 percent by Plastic Omnium and 50.05 percent by Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems. The planned amount of total investment in this project is 760 million yuan. YFPO will consolidate the exterior components business of Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems located in Anting, Shanghai. YFPO will supply its products to Shanghai VW, Shanghai GM, SAIC Motor, Changan Ford Mazda, Beijing Benz, and Dongfeng-Peugeot-Citroen Automobile.
- In July, 2007, YFPO started supplying bumpers and other exterior products to Changan Ford Mazda, Hunan Changfeng Motor, and Beijing Benz from its new facility in Chongqing. This was followed by establishing a Nanjing Branch in the same year.
- In 2008, YFPO set up a two new facilities: one in Pudong, Shanghai; and another one in Shenyang, Liaoning. YFPO is also planning to build Shanghai Technical Center in Jiading Distric.
<Electronics Division> ---The Company has the largest share in the Chinese car audio market (FY2007)Integrated car navigation systems
- In December 2008, the company announced its proprietary new car navigation system, which integrates multiple functions. The navigation is designed to match the needs of Chinese consumers.
>>>See R&D for more details
<Climate Control Division> ---The Company has the leading share of the air conditioning condenser and air conditioner market in China. (FY2007)
Expansion and name change of air conditioning pipe joint-venture
- In October 2008, Jiangxi Fuchang Climate Systems Co., Ltd., which is a joint-venture company between the Company and Jiangling Motors (JMC), announced a plant expansion project and a change of its corporate name to Visteon Climate Control (Nanchang) Co., Ltd. VCCN). The joint-venture plant specializes in manufacturing climate control systems such as automotive fluid transport systems and air conditioning assemblies. (From a press release on October 28, 2008)
<Powertrain Control Division>New facility to test engine dynamics
- In December 2007, Chongqing Changan Visteon Engine Control Systems Co., Ltd. announced construction of a new facility to test engine dynamics. The new building will be equipped with machinery to test and evaluate engine management systems (EMSs). In addition to enhancing the hardware features, the company is sending engineers at this facility to the Group's R&D centers in the U.S. and Europe so that they can receive technical training and join actual development projects there.
|Company name||Year established||City||Overview|
|Visteon China Technical Center(CTC)||Nov. 2005||Shanghai||-The company integrates the group's engineering activities that focus on automotive interior and electronic parts in the Asia Pacific region. CTC will also focus on developing various products, some to be marketed globally and others to specific countries.|