Analysis Report by Component : Brake (Japanese Market)
List of brake suppliers
|Akebono Brake Industry||ADVICS||Nisshinbo Brake||Nissin Kogyo|
|Hitachi Automotive Systems||Hitachi Chemical||Japan Brake Industrial||Aisin Takaoka|
|Asama Giken||Kiriu||Daihatsu Metal||Yoshiwa Kogyo|
A brake is an important safety device used to"stop"a vehicle, and is produced under strict quality control guidelines. This report focuses on foundation brake mechanism parts, specifically 3 disc brake components and 3 drum brake components (*) and analyzes the market share of major brake suppliers based on their lists and business outlines. It will not go into detail regarding brake control systems such as Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) and Electronic Stability Control (ESC), or supplementary brake components such as brake boosters and brake pedals.
Generally, the brake power ratio of an automobile is distributed such that 70% of the power goes to the front wheels and 30% to the rear wheels. As front-wheel drive (FWD) vehicles are dominant, the distribution of brake power is centralized on the vehicle's front wheels. Therefore, almost 100% of cars have front wheels equipped with disc brakes. Meanwhile, disc brakes are used on the rear wheels of more than half of all small passenger cars. Drum brakes are mounted on the rear wheels of the remaining mini passenger, small commercial vehicles and other low-priced small cars mainly due to the cost. As a result, disc brake components have a 75% market share while drum brake components have a 25% market share in Japan.
This report analyzes the brake component market in Japan. However, as many suppliers are expanding their production sites outside Japan, it also provides insight to their global expansions.
(*)This report provides only supplier list for drum brake components.
Go to Brakes (E.U. and U.S. Market)
I. Leading brake suppliers and their products
Akebono Brake Industry
- Corporate group: an independent brake parts supplier in Japan
- Business area: The company supplies 4 components, disc calipers, disc pads, drum brake shoes and linings, out of 6 components covered in this report.
- Customers: It supplies its products for all Japanese automakers' vehicles including commercial vehicles which are produced in Japan. The company also supplies them to major American and European automakers such as GM, Ford and Daimler.
- Aftermarket: The company is dominant in the aftermarket as well. For example, it has a top 40% share in the disc pad aftermarket, while it ranks third in the disc pad market for Japanese OEMs with a little less than 20% share.
- Global plant expansion: This report mainly specifies Japanese brake market, but Akebono Brake Industry is aggressively expanding their operations outside Japan. Ever since the company established a joint venture with GM in the U.S. in 1986, it has been establishing many plants in North America, Asia and Europe. 65% of its sales in the fiscal year ended in March 2014 (FY2013) were raised from sales outside Japan.
The company will drastically reorganize its operations effective January 1, 2016. It will be reorganized into four divisions based on product categories, shifting from the current vertically segmented operations consisting of development, production, sales and other divisions. The reorganization is intended to delegate the authority and responsibility to each division, which is expected to improve business efficiency and boost the company's global sales. Due to some problems at its North American operations since 2014, the company is forecasting a second consecutive year of a net loss for this fiscal year ending in March 2016 despite growing demand. The new organization, which will facilitate communication between sales, development and other functions, the company aims to enhance profitability and win new business.
FY ended March 2014, Akebono Brake's market share of OEM Disc Brake Pad is 40% in Japan, and 19% global. It ranks for third position globally. It aims to get 30% global market share by FY ending March 2021 in their mid-term business plan.
- North American business
- 49% of the above-mentioned 65% sales are from North America, which is the region with the top share in the company's sales out side Japan.
- The company acquired North American foundation brake business from Robert Bosch of Germany in December 2009.
In the company's sales by OEM in FY2013, GM has the largest 25% share, which is higher than that of Japanese OEMs such as Nissan (13%) and Toyota (12%). This is very unique OEM sales ratio of a Japanese supplier, as many Japanese suppliers tend to have Japanese OEMs as their largest customers. In November 2010, Akebono Brake was considering the acquisition of other businesses from Robert Bosch in Europe, Asia, Australia and South America. However, the company discontinued negotiations with Robert Bosch in March 2011, saying that the business negotiations did not match the company's future strategies any longer.
- The company decided to establish a brake plant in Mexico, where Japanese, American and European automakers plan to increase production of automobiles. It established a new subsidiary, Akebono Brake Mexico S.A. de C.V., in 2012, and started brake parts production in 2013.
- European business
- Out of the above-mentioned 59% sales by region, European sales account for only 2%. Presence improvement in the Europe region and high performance brake system business expansion with European OEMs are the tasks.
- The company plans to triple the number of its sales and development staff to over 150 by 2020. This is a part of the company's initiative to win new business from European OEMs and thereby increase its presence in the market. In August 2015, the company began local assembly of high-performance brake calipers for European customers at its new plant in Slovakia. The Slovakia plant has internal aluminum casting capability.
- Emerging market business
- The company has been promoting localization in the emerging markets, the localization task includes low cost products to meet the local requirements, local product development to lower E&D costs, and production localization.
- In China , the company has expanded its brake caliper production capacity to 35K units/months with 7 lines by summer 2015 in order to deal with the caliper business increase in the China region with GM and some Japanese OEMs on top of the main customer Nissan businesses.
- South America strategy is a task for the company.
- Product development
- Light Weight Trend: Akebono Brake Industry Co., Ltd. will develop aluminum brake calipers for small & compact segment cars. The aluminum products are expected to help automakers reduce the weight of the underbody. The company will promote the new brake calipers to Japanese OEMs, aiming to start supplying them around 2019. Aluminum calipers are currently used mainly in luxury vehicles due to its cost. The company will differentiate its new calipers from such existing products, aiming to win new orders for installation on mass-produced vehicles.
- Copper-free friction materials: California and Washington states in the U.S. will tighten environmental SB346 and SB 6557 regulations in phases in 2021 and 2025, to limit the amount of copper used in automotive brake friction materials. Akebono Brake Industry Co., Ltd. is planning to develop a next-generation friction material by 2018. The company intends to fundamentally rethink its existing products in terms of their raw materials and compounding ratio. The new friction material will offer a high level of braking performance and reduced brake squeal and brake dust, while also conforming with copper regulations. Akebono Brake currently provides steel fiber-free non-asbestos organic (NAO) friction materials and low-steel friction materials according to customer requirements. By developing value-added products that combine these materials' respective advantages, the company aims to cultivate new markets such as the premium car market.
- Standardization: Akebono Brake Industry Co., Ltd. plans to develop a new brake caliper design that can be shared among different vehicle models. Conventionally, brake calipers were developed specifically for each model, but the company has decided to create a standard design, which will enable the use of commonized parts and same machining methods regardless of models. Standardizing caliper designs is expected to boost production efficiency and cut costs. The new design is also intended to reduce product weight and improve product performances. For a European automaker, Akebono Brake already developed and supplies high-performance brake calipers based on a design intended for sharing among various models. By utilizing the expertise it gained in the development process, the company aims to develop a next-generation design by the fiscal year ending March 2019.
- Corporate Group: a subsidiary of Toyota-affiliated Aisin Seiki, Toyota Motor Corporation
- Business area: an all-round brake supplier
- The company manufactures brake control systems and 4 parts handled in this report: disc rotors (by Aisin Takaoka), disc calipers, disc pads and drum brake shoes (by Hosei Brake Industry). It supplies these 4 parts to almost all the vehicles of Toyota. Therefore, the company is the top supplier of these 4 parts, with a 30 to 40% share of production in Japan.
- It is also the top supplier of brake control system parts for ABS and ESC excluding wheel speed sensors, with about 50% share of domestic production. As for the brake control systems, the supplier has been reinforcing its ABS and ESC business as well as products for small vehicles, whose demand is expanding. The competition in the brake control system market is becoming fiercer against American and European suppliers such as Continental and Bosch.
- In 2010, Aisin Seiki handed over the Kariya plant in Aichi prefecture and its production subsidiaries in and outside Japan to Advics. With these new plants, Advics enhanced its competitiveness by integrating production, marketing and development.
- As of the end of March 2014, the Company posted a 14.3% sales increase from the preceding fiscal year to JPY 511.5 billion. The Company's present mid-term business goal to FY 2017 aims at increasing consolidated sales to JPY 600 billion.
- Customers: Advics mainly supplies to Toyota group companies but also to other Japanese OEMs including Nissan, Honda, Mazda, and Suzuki.
- Global plant expansion
- Domestic production site plan:
- The company reorganized and consolidated production by item, aiming to achieve the economy of scale and enhancing its competitiveness.
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd. and Advics Co., Ltd. started constructing a new plant on the premises of Aisin Seiki's existing plant in Handa City, Aichi Prefecture in Feburuary 2015. Aisin Seiki will invest approximately JPY 11 billion in this plant and will lease the facility to Advics. This project is in connection with a plan to transfer the brake system production operations of Aisin Seiki and Denso Corporation to Advics in 2016 onwards. The new plant is expected to be completed in January 2016, and Advics will produce electronic stability control systems, regenerative brake systems, and hydraulic boosters. The plant will have 37,600 square meters of manufacturing space and 6,750 square meters of office space. Approximately 200 people are expected to be hired by 2016.
- Expansion of plants outside Japan:
- Mexico: the Company established a new plant in Lagos de Moreno, Jalisco by investing approximately JPY 1.5 billion.
- Brazil: the Company established its own production lines at Aisin Seiki's additional plant to be constructed in Itu, Sao Paulo. Three Aisin Group companies invested a total of JPY 4.1 billion in the new plant.
- Indonesia: the Company and Aisin Seiki built their respective plants on a site in Karawang that was newly acquired by the Aisin Group. Investment by the two companies is expected to amount to JPY 7.5 billion.
- Czech Republic: the Company established a brake parts manufacturing subsidiary in Pisek, the Czech Republic, and started production in Europe in 2015.
- South Africa: the Company established ADVICS South Africa (Pty) Ltd. in March 2014. The new production subsidiary plans to rent part of Toyota Tsusho Corporation's local plant.- Product Development
- The company has developed a drum-type EPB for the small car segment (K-car segment) for the first time in the world, the EPB actuator is mounted inside the drum brake. Honda N-BOX Slash launched in Dec/2014 is the first model which adopte the drum type EPB.
- The company has developed the new generation brake control system and this new system was adopted in the Toyota 4th generation Prius which is the very first model of Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA). This brake control system features a control system which can recover the deceleration kinetic energy in reducing speed most efficiently with coordinating regenerative braking force generated by the hydraulic braking force and the motor, and has improved the hydraulic response compared with the conventional system. This has also made it possible to improve the smooth brake feeling and the energy recovery area, contributing to improved fuel efficiency. In addition, the new generation brake system has been developed to have functional extendibility for future advanced driver assistance systems.
- As mentioned above, Advics did not have its own plants until 2010, so it aims to expand its production at its plants in and outside Japan including the plants which were handed over by Aisin Seiki.
- 3 plants in the U.S., 1 plant in Mexico, 1 plant in Brazil, 1 plant in Czech, 4 plant in China, 1 plant in Thailand, 2 plants in India, 1 plant in Indonesia, 1 plant in South Africa as of April 2016. The production sites newly founded recently are as follows.
Nisshinbo Brake/Nisshinbo Holdings
- A major Japanese friction material supplier. The company mainly manufactures friction materials such as brake pads and linings as well as assembling drum brakes. It supplies friction materials, especially brake linings to almost all Japanese automakers, and has more than 50% share for the lining's production in Japan.
- In the global brake friction material market, Nisshinbo Holdings acquired TMD Friction Group S.A. in Luxemburg as its wholly-owned subsidiary in November 2011. With this acquisition, the company now can cover European and American markets and has become one of the top suppliers with more than 15% share in the global market.
- Nisshinbo Brake supplies its main products, non-asbestos friction materials for disc pads, to many Japanese and Korean automakers. Meanwhile, TMD Friction Group has a large share in the European automotive market as a leading low-steel material developer and manufacturer. Having expertise in different areas, the two companies expect huge synergy with the acquisition.
- Nisshinbo Brake was spun off from brake division of Nisshinbo as an independent subsidiary in April 2009, when Nisshinbo has become Nisshinbo Holdings with the holding company system.
- The company collaborates with Continental AG (the former Continental Teves AG) of Germany in brake business.
- Plants: It has plants mainly in Asian regions: China, Thailand, Korea and India. Its wholly-owned subsidiary, TMD Friction Group S.A., has plants in Europe and Americas, which contribute to establishing global production network. The company is planning to be cost competitive in procurement collaboration with TMD, moving one step forward from the conventional joint sourcing, by executing globally optimized procurement for less costly and good quality material.
- China: In May 2012, the company established a new subsidiary, Nisshinbo Saeron (Changshu) Automotive Parts Co., Ltd., in Changshu, Jiangsu, to increase supply to Japanese and American automakers operating locally. The company raised the subsidiary's production capacity to 1.2 million units per month. It also enhanced production capacity of Saeron Automotive Corporation's plant in China. Aside from foundation brakes, it established a Chinese joint venture with Continental AG's subsidiary in Yangzhou, Jiangsu, in 2013. The joint venture will start to produce brake control system parts in 2015.
- India: It increased its investment ratio to a local friction material maker.
- Brazil: It will relocate and expand a local subsidiary of TMD Friction Group S.A., TMD Friction do Brasil S.A. It will invest JPY 6.4 billion in the relocation and aims to double sales by 2020.
- Product development
- Copper-free friction materials: California and Washington states in the U.S. will tighten environmental SB346 and SB 6557 regulations in phases in 2021 and 2025, to limit the amount of copper used in automotive brake friction materials. The company completed fundamental development of a friction material in April 2012, and will start producing a prototype, conducting evaluations, and promoting to its customers. It will later decide when to start production of the material. In June 2013, its subsidiary, TMD Friction Group S.A., also received primary approval from a customer for its friction material to be supplied for a German OEM. The company and Akebono Brake are taking leads against other competitive suppliers.
- Corporate Group: Honda-affiliated supplier whose 34.65% is owned by Honda
- Business area: The company manufactures and assembles basic brake parts excluding friction material, as well as parts used in hydraulic and electronic control systems. April 1, 2016, the company established a joint venture with Autoliv &Autoliv-Nissin Brake Systems (ANBS)&. Brake Control (Mechatoronics) and Brake Apply (above coil spring) business unit were split from the company, being merged into Autoliv Electronics, and formed the joint venture. The joint venture has development and production sites in Japan, China, and the U.S., and a development site in Thailand.Business value of the joint venture totaled JPY58.2 billion (about USD524.4 million), the company has 49% share, and Autoliv has 51% share. The Brake Control and the Brake Apply business unit belong to the division of Autoliv Electronics that develops Passive Safety Electronics, Active Safety (ADAS) product, and the brake control system.
- Customers: Honda is the largest customer. The company also supplies products to Suzuki, Fuji Heavy industries (FHI: the maker of Subaru automobiles), Daihatsu, Mazda and Mitsubishi Motors.
- Plants: It established plants in North America, Europe, China and India to follow Honda's global production of automobiles.
- Japan, North America: It focuses on high-value added products including newly developed products.
- Mexico: A part of production of its American plants was transferred to its new plant in Irapuato, Nissin Brake de Mexico,S.A. de C.V., which was established in 2012. The new Mexican plant started production in 2014. The company aims to increase its price competitiveness by reducing production and distribution costs taking advantage of the Free Trade Agreements in Mexico.
- Asia, South America: It mainly produces mass-market and low-priced products for emerging markets.
- R&D bases: It is preparing to open a test course. The course will be located covering Asahikawa and Kamikawa, Hokkaido. Its Hokkaido development center started its construction in September 2012, and will be completed in November 2014. The center will cover 480,000 square meters, and investment amount in the first phase construction is JPY 700 million.
- Product Development:
- The company improved its electric servo brake systems which were mounted for the first time on the Honda Fit EV that was released for limited lease sales in July 2012. The improved electric servo brake system was equipped on the Honda Fit Hybrid and Accord Hybrid which were released in summer 2013. The brake system was jointly developed by Honda, but Nissin Kogyo started to propose the system to other automakers in order to sell the system with the technical advantage to automakers outside Honda group.
- In 2012, the company developed a new low-drag brake caliper, which reduces friction resistance between a brake pad and brake disc by 85% when a vehicle is on a normal driving mode. It will increase the lineup of the product which can be used on a wide range of vehicles including mini, compact and large passenger cars. It will strengthen proposals to American and European automakers as well. According to the company, the friction reduction will lead to a 1% improvement in fuel economy, though the percentage may differ by vehicle weight and driving pattern.
- The company has taken its first order from Mazda Motor Corporation and started supplying Aluminum Rear Brake Car for Mazda new Roadstar launched into the market in May 2015.Following this first order, the company intends to acquire more orders from Mazda by actively making new proposals to Mazda, whose auto sales are steadily growing. The rear brake calipers are all manufactured in Nagano and shipped to Mazda's plant in Hiroshima.
- The company has developed a new electric parking brake (EPB). There are two types, Disk Type and Drum Type EPB, the company is planning to start production of both EPB types in 2017. For Nissin it is the first time to develop the new drum-type EPB, although another supplier already launched drum-type EPB into the market for Honda N-Box in Dec/2015, while it has produced disc-type EPB. Since demand for EPBs is expected to grow, the company will shift its EPB business into full gear in an effort to increase its competitiveness in the brake market.
Hitachi Automotive Systems
- Corporate Group: The Hitachi-affiliated company was spun off from Hitachi in July 2009. Its brake operations had been acquired from both the former Tokico and Hitachi Unisia Automotive in 2004 when their operations were merged into Hitachi's. Tokico was a manufacturer of brake foundation components and hydraulic system parts, and Hitachi Unisia Automotive was a supplier of brake control components.
- Business area: It manufactures calipers, master cylinders, boosters, ABS and ESC system and related parts. This report will look at only calipers, but the company is the second largest supplier in the Japanese market following Advics. It is aggressively launching new powertrains and chassis control parts in the area of electric or electronic field. The strength of the company is the capability to develop not only foundation brake components but also brake control system and steering system which are the essential devices for developing technology such as ADAS and Autonomous Driving, the company also has capability to develop suspension control system. On April 1, 2016, Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd. established a new &Information & Safety Systems Division& with the aim of strengthening its autonomous driving systems business. The company is looking to expand its business by actively promoting and selling its newest products and Hitachi Group's technologies to carmakers. The new division will encompass a &Global Business Planning Department& for developing business strategies, as well as a &Development & Design Division,& and &System Quality Assurance Department.& The new division will start with 200 members, and expand as necessary. The company is seeking to enhance its proposal making ability by combining its integrated control technology with the information and communications systems of Hitachi Ltd., Clarion Co., Ltd., and other Hitachi Group companies.
- Customers: The company supplies its product to Toyota, Suzuki, FHI, Nissan and Mazda. Though it is not a Nissan-affiliated company, it has a strong relationship with Nissan, and its share in other automotive products supplied to Nissan is very high. However, in terms of components supplied to Nissan, the company falls behind Akebono Brake for brake parts, and Bosch for brake control systems.
- Corporate Group: The Hitachi-afficiated company was spun off from the chemical product division of the Hitachi, which owns a 51.21% share of Hitachi Chemical, in 1962.
- Business area: Hitachi Chemical manufactures disc brake pads and assemblies. Aside from brake parts, the company also supplies plastic molding parts for both interior and exterior parts of a vehicle, powder metallurgy products such as engine valves and anode material for lithium-ion batteries, which characterizes its expertise in chemical products.
- Customers: Nissan, FHI, Daihatsu and Toyota (it supplies products through Hitachi Automotive Systems except for Nissan).
- Japan: The company was manufacturing brake friction materials at the Yamazaki Works in Hitachi, Ibaraki, but transferred the production to Namie Japan Brake, a subsidiary of Japan Brake Industrial, in March 2009.
The company bought 100% share of Japan Brake Industrial in 2012 and made Japan Brake Industrial its Subsidiary. Japan Brake's Sales department was integrated into Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd. in 2013 and then Japan Brake's development department was integrated into Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd. in 2015.
- North and South America: It established a manufacturing and sales subsidiary, Hitachi Chemical Mexico, S.A. de C.V., in Mexico in 2008. Its plant produces brake pads. The company has increased local production capacity of automotive parts, specifically friction materials in Mexico.
- Asia: The company has three production sites in the region Asia, China, Thailand, and India. Japan Brake (Thailand) Co.,Ltd. was established in Thailand in 2002, it started as a joint venture between Japan Brake Industrial Co.,Ltd. and Nissin Kogyo and then integrated into Hitachi Chemical Asia (Thailand) Co., Ltd. in 2015. In China, Foshan JB Automotive Products Co.,Ltd. was established in 2004. As for India, Allied JB Friction Private Limited (AJF) was established in 2011 as a joint venture with Japan Brake Industrial, then transformed into 51% share by Hitachi Chemical and 49% share by the joint venture partner Allied Nippon Limited (ANL) and started production as from November 2013.
Japan Brake Industrial
- Corporate group: The company used to have partnerships with Hitachi Chemical group and Honda-affiliated Nissin Kogyo which used to own 21% of its share. Now the company became 100% subsidiary of Hitachi Chemical Company since Hitachi Chemical Company bought 100% of its share in 2015. Its Sales department was integrated into Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd. in 2013 and then its development department was integrated into Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd. in 2015.
- Business area: It supplies brake friction material for automobiles as well as trains and industrial machinery. It produces brake disc pads and linings, and assembles brakes.
- Customers: Honda, Mazda, Suzuki, GM and Ford
- Plants: It established a joint venture in India in early 90s and started local production. It also established plants in Thailand and China. It operates in other Asian countries such as Korea and China based on a technical cooperation agreements.
Hiroshima production site was closed in 2014.
Japan Brake (Thailand) Co., Ltd. was absorbed into Hitachi Chemical Asia (Thailand) Co., Ltd. together with the other three companies of Hitachi Chemical Group located in Thailand.
- Corporate group: A Toyota-affiliated Aisin group member
- Business area: It is an exclusive casting parts supplier, which mainly produces brake disc rotors and drums. It also produces aluminum calipers and corner assemblies.
- Customers: Toyota group and Suzuki. It supplies disc rotors to Toyota through Advics.
- Plants: The company owns joint plants with local suppliers in China, Thailand and Indonesia. In the U.S., it operates its own casting parts plant.
- Corporate group: Honda-affiliated company whose 80% share is owned by Honda
- Business area: A casting parts supplier. It mainly produces casting parts for brake disc rotors and drums.
- Customers: Honda
- Plants: The company produces disc rotors at its plants in the U.S. and Indonesia, and mainly supplies them to local assembly plants of Honda.
- Corporate group: Sumitomo Corporation's affiliated company, whose nearly 100 % share is owned by Sumitomo. It was formerly Nissan-affiliated parts supplier.
- Business area: It mainly operates brake parts business and is an exclusive supplier of its own brake disc rotors and drums. It also supplies metal parts including oil pumps for automatic transmissions, cylinder blocks and various brackets.
- Customers: The company is expanding its product supply to major Japanese automakers including Nissan, as well as brake system suppliers such as Akebono Brake and Advics, as a Tier-2 supplier.
- Japan: The company has four brake parts production sites including its subsidiaries.
- Overseas: It is aggressively expanding its business outside Japan, aiming to increase its global share of disc and brake parts from 8% in 2012 to 10% in 2015.
- North America: The company has two plants: a machinery processing plant in Kentucky, the U.S., and another casting and machinery processing plant in Lerma, Mexico. It plans to start operations at new casting and machinery processing plants in September 2014 and aims to double its production capacity in Mexico to 7,500 tons per month.
- Asia: It has 5 Asian plants in China, Korea, India, Indonesia and Thailand. It added a new casting line at the Thai plant. The line started operations in 2013 and doubled its monthly production capacity to 5,000 tons. In China, it has acquired a 18% stake in Fujiwa Machinery Industry (Hubei), a subsidiary of Fujiwa Machinery, which is a joint venture between Sumitomo Corporation and Lioho Machine Works in Taiwan. The Chinese plant started to produce brake discs and drums for automakers in China in 2012.
- Corporate Group: A consolidated subsidiary of Daihatsu
- Business Area: A casting parts supplier which manufactures and processes disc rotors and brake drums.
- Customers: Daihatsu and Toyota-brand vehicles manufactured by Daihatsu
- Corporate Group: Mazda-affiliated
- Business Area: A casting parts supplier which manufactures and processes disc rotors.
- Customers: Mazda
- Corporate Group: Continental Teves, a joint venture established by German Continental AG and Nisshinbo Holdings in 2000, was the predecessor of the company.
- Business Area: It does not manufacture brake pads in house but develops and manufactures entire brake systems. It is especially working to expand sales of electronically-controlled brake systems such as ABS and ESC.
- Customers: It supplies foundation brake parts mainly to Mazda. It also supplies its parts for some of the models of Honda and Nissan. Its electronically-controlled brake systems are supplied to major Japanese OEMs including Mazda, Suzuki and Daihatsu.
- Corporate Group: The Japanese subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH of Germany took over the brake business of the former Bosch Brake System. Bosch Brake System's brake business had been succeeded from the former Diesel Kiki Co., Ltd. (Zexel) and the former Jidosha Kiki Co., Ltd.
- Business Area: It focuses on strengthening ABS and ESC control system business by downsizing and reducing weight and costs. As for the foundation brake parts, it slightly supplies disc calipers.
- Customers: Its brake control systems are supplied to major Japanese automakers including Toyota, Nissan and Honda. Its disc calipers are supplied to Toyota only.
- Corporate Group: An independent disc brake maker headquartered in Italy.
- Business area: It manufactures high-performance brakes for high-performance vehicles and commercial vehicles.
- Customers: Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi Motors and FHI. It supplies products primarily for high-end models.
Supplier and Product Matrix (Global supply products)
|Brake ASSY||Disc Rotor||Caliper||Disc Pad||Drum||Brake Shoe||Lining|
|Akebono Brake Industry||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Hosei Brake Industry||YES||YES||YES|
|Hitachi Automotive Systems||YES||YES|
|Japan Brake Industrial||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Aisin Takaoka||Corner ASSY||YES||YES|
II. Global operating facilities by Japanese supplier
1) Global operating facilities by Japanese supplier
|Akebono Brake Industry||ADVICS||Nisshinbo Holdings||Nissin Kogyo||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Hitachi Chemical/
Japan Brake Industrial
|Aisin Takaoka||Asama Giken||Kiriu||Continental Automotive||Bosch|
2) Matrix of major collaborations and joint ventures among suppliers
III. List of leading brake suppliers and their customers (1) Disc Brake Components
1) Disc Brake Components
|Disc rotor||Disc caliper||Disc pad|
- Production of disc rotors requires special expertise in the casting process to embed internal thermal stress in the metal tissues during solidification. In addition, the internal thermal stress must be intentionally discharged and balanced during the heat treatment process in order to prevent strains or cracks. Due to the different processes involved, suppliers tend not to manufacture both disc rotors and disc calipers.
- Japanese disc rotor suppliers include Aisin Takaoka, Kiriu, Yoshiwa Kogyo, Asama Giken, Takeda Chuzo and Daihatsu Metal. An Italian major supplier is Brembo, which supplies disc rotors only for high-end sports cars. For models made in Japan, Japanese suppliers supply 99% of the disc rotors.
- Looking at the 2014 market share in Japan, the top supplier is Aishin Takaoka with 39.7% share, the second supplier is Kiriu with 27% share, and the third one is Yoshiwa Kogyo with 12.42% share. The market share of the top three suppliers in Japan account for approximately 80%
- 2014 share by OEM in the Japan market:
- Toyota: Toyota-affiliated Aisin Takaoka has 95.8%.
- Nissan: Kiriu monopolizes the supply of disc rotors for all models of Nissan excluding high-end sports cars and models which are supplied by other OEMs. Kiriu is the former Nissan affiliated company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Corporation.
- Honda: Honda-affiliated Asama Giken owns almost 100% share in both quantity and the number of models.
- Others: Yoshiwa Kogyo and Daihatsu Metal each has almost 100% share of the parts supply to Mazda and Daihatsu respectively. As for Suzuki, Kiriu has 80% share, and the rest 20% is Aishin Takaoka.
- Share by supplier in the Japan market:
- Aisin Takaoka: The company, a Toyota-affiliated Aisin group member, supplies disc rotors to Toyota through Advics. It has the largest 80 to 90% share in both quantity and the number of models. It also has a limited share in the disc rotor market to other Japanese automakers except Suzuki. It is the largest disc rotor supplier which produces most disc rotors for the Japanese market.
- Kiriu: The former Nissan-affiliated supplier still owns almost 100% share in the disc rotor business to Nissan. It also supplies to other Japanese OEMs except Daihatsu and has the top share of supplying the rotor to Suzuki and Fuji Heavy Industries. It is the second largest manufacturer of the disc rotors following Aisin Takaoka.
- Yoshiwa Kogyo: It supplies almost 100% of disc rotors to Mazda. Except Mazda, it supplies to Nissan, which supplies the Bongo to Mazda. It supplies about one third rotors compared with Kiriu's supply, but ranks second in the disc rotor market.
|Toyota||Allion||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Aqua||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Auris||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Camry Hybrid||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Camry Hybrid||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||Century||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Century||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Corolla Axio||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Corolla Fielder||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Corolla Rumion||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Corolla Rumion||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||Crown Athlete||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake (8AT)|
|Toyota||Crown Athlete||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc (8AT)|
|Toyota||Crown Athlete||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake (6AT)|
|Toyota||Crown Athlete||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc (6AT)|
|Toyota||Crown Athlete Hybrid||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Crown Athlete Hybrid||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||Crown Comfort||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Crown Majesta Hybrid||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Crown Majesta Hybrid||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Crown Royal||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Crown Royal||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||Crown Royal Hybrid||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Crown Royal Hybrid||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||Crown Sedan||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Esquire||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||FJ Cruiser||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||FJ Cruiser||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Harrier||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||Harrier||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Harrier Hybrid||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Harrier Hybrid||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||iQ||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Isis||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Isis||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||ist||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Land Cruiser||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Land Cruiser||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Land Cruiser Prado||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Land Cruiser Prado||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus CT||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus GS250||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus GS250||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus GS300h||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus GS300h||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus GS350||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus GS350||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus GS450h||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus GS450h||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus HS250h||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus HS250h||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus IS F||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus IS F||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus IS250||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus IS250||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus IS300h||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus IS300h||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus IS350||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus IS350||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus LS460||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus LS460||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus LS460L||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus LS460L||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus LS600h||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus LS600h||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus LS600hL||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus LS600hL||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus NX200t||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus NX200t||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus NX300h||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus NX300h||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus RC F||Brembo||Brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus RC F Sport||Brembo||Brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus RX270||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus RX270||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus RX350||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus RX350||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||Lexus RX450h||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Lexus RX450h||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||Mark X||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Mark X||Aisin Takaoka||Rear ventilated brake disc|
|Toyota||Noah||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Passo||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Porte||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Premio||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Prius||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Prius PHV||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Prius α||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Probox||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Ractis||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||RAV4||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||SAI||Aisin Takaoka||Rear brake disc|
|Toyota||SAI||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake|
|Toyota||Sienta||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Spade||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Succeed||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Vitz||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Voxy||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Wish||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||xB||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Toyota||Yaris Sedan||Hosei Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Daihatsu||Atrai Wagon||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Daihatsu||Be-go||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Daihatsu||Boon||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Daihatsu||Coo||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Daihatsu||Hijet Cargo||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Daihatsu||Hijet Truck||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Daihatsu||Mira||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Daihatsu||Mira Cocoa||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Daihatsu||Mira e:S||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Daihatsu||Mira Van||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Daihatsu||Move||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Daihatsu||Move Conte||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Daihatsu||TanTo||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Daihatsu||Tanto Exe||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Nissan||AD Expert||Kiriu||Disc brake|
|Nissan||Fairlady Z||Kiriu||Disc brake|
|Nissan||GT-R Nismo||Brembo||Brake disc|
|Nissan||Infiniti Q50||Kiriu||Disc brake|
|Nissan||Infiniti Q60||Kiriu||Disc brake|
|Nissan||Infiniti Q70||Kiriu||Disc brake|
|Nissan||Infiniti QX80||Kiriu||Disc brake|
|Nissan||Lafesta Highway Star||Yoshiwa Industry||Brake disc (front/rear)|
|Nissan||NV200 Vanette||Kiriu||Disc brake|
|Nissan||NV350 Caravan||Kiriu||Disc brake|
|Nissan||Skyline Crossover||Kiriu||Disc brake|
|Honda||Accord||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||CR-V||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||CR-Z||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||Freed||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||Grace||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||Jade||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||N BOX||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||N BOX +||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||N BOX Slash||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||N-ONE||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||N-WGN||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||Odyssey||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||S660||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||Step WGN||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||Vamos||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||Vamos Hobio||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Honda||Vezel||Asama Giken||Brake disc rotor|
|Suzuki||Alto||Kiriu||Front disc brake|
|Suzuki||Alto Lapin||Kiriu||Front disc brake|
|Suzuki||Carry||Kiriu||Front disc brake|
|Suzuki||Escudo||Kiriu||Front disc brake|
|Suzuki||Every||Kiriu||Front disc brake|
|Suzuki||Every Wagon||Kiriu||Front disc brake|
|Suzuki||Hustler||Kiriu||Front disc brake|
|Suzuki||Jimny Sierra||Akebono Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Suzuki||Kizashi||Kiriu||Front disc brake|
|Suzuki||MR Wagon||Kiriu||Front disc brake|
|Suzuki||Solio||Kiriu||Front disc brake|
|Suzuki||Spacia||Kiriu||Front disc brake|
|Suzuki||Swift||Kiriu||Front disc brake|
|Suzuki||Swift Sport||Kiriu||Front disc brake|
|Suzuki||Wagon R||Kiriu||Front disc brake|
|Suzuki||Wagon R Stingray||Kiriu||Front disc brake|
|Mitsubishi||Delica D:5||Akebono Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Mitsubishi||Delica D:5||Takeda Chuzo||Disc brake|
|Mitsubishi||eK Space||Akebono Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Mitsubishi||eK Wagon||Akebono Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Mitsubishi||Galant Fortis||Takeda Chuzo||Disc brake|
|Mitsubishi||Galant Fortis||Akebono Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Mitsubishi||iMiEV||Akebono Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Mitsubishi||Lancer Evolution X||Akebono Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Mitsubishi||Outlander||Akebono Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Mitsubishi||Outlander||Takeda Chuzo||Disc brake|
|Mitsubishi||Outlander PHV||Akebono Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Mitsubishi||Pajero||Akebono Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Mitsubishi||RVR||Akebono Brake Industry||Disc brake|
|Mitsubishi||RVR||Takeda Chuzo||Disc brake|
|Mazda||Atenza||Akebono Brake Industry||Disc rotor|
|Mazda||Atenza||Yoshiwa Industry||Disc rotor|
|Mazda||Axela||Yoshiwa Industry||Disc rotor|
|Mazda||Biante||Yoshiwa Industry||Disc rotor|
|Mazda||Bongo||Yoshiwa Industry||Disc rotor|
|Mazda||CX-3||Yoshiwa Industry||Disc rotor|
|Mazda||CX-5||Yoshiwa Industry||Disc rotor|
|Mazda||CX-9||Yoshiwa Industry||Disc rotor|
|Mazda||Demio||Yoshiwa Industry||Disc rotor|
|Mazda||MPV||Yoshiwa Industry||Disc rotor|
|Mazda||Premacy||Yoshiwa Industry||Disc rotor|
|Mazda||Roadster||Yoshiwa Industry||Disc rotor|
|Mazda||Verisa||Yoshiwa Industry||Disc rotor|
|Subaru||Dias Wagon||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Subaru||Forester||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake (17 inch) (CVT)|
|Subaru||Forester||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake (17 inch) (6MT)|
|Subaru||Legacy B4||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake (17 inch)|
|Subaru||Legacy Outback||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake (17 inch) (CVT)|
|Subaru||Legacy Outback||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake (17 inch) (5AT)|
|Subaru||Legacy Touring Wagon||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake (17 inch)|
|Subaru||Levorg||Aisin Takaoka||Front ventilated disc brake (17 inch)|
|Subaru||Levorg||Aisin Takaoka||Front brake disc|
|Subaru||Lucra||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Subaru||Pleo||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Subaru||Pleo Van||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Subaru||Stella||Daihatsu Metal||Disc brake (rotor)|
|Subaru||WRX STI||Brembo||Ventilated brake disc|
|Akebono Brake Industry||✓||✓✓||✓||✓||✓✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Hosei Brake Industry||✓|
|Hitachi Automotive Systems||✓||✓✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓✓|
- Major Japanese disc caliper suppliers include Advics, Hitachi Automotive Systems, Akebono Brake Industry and Nissin Kogyo. The leading European suppliers are: Continental, Bosch and Brembo. Brembo supplies the products only for high-end sport cars. In Japan, Japanese suppliers have over a 90% share of disc calipers for Japanese-made models.
- Looking at the 2014 market share in Japan, the top supplier is Advics with 38.6% share, the second supplier is Hitachi Automotive Systems with 29.7% share, and the third one is Akebono Brake Industry with 17% share. The market share of the top three suppliers in Japan account for more than 80%. The rest caliper suppliers' shares are Continental Automotive with 7%, Nissin Kogyo with 5.7%, and Bosch with 1.6%. Brembo and Mando have minor share with less than 1%.
- 2014 Share by OEM in the Japan market:
- Toyota: Toyota-affiliated Advics holds 77% share, followed by Hitachi ATM with 15% and Bosch with 4.1%.
- Nissan: Akebono Brake Industry has 60% share, followed by Hitachi ATM with 37.5%, Continental Automotive with 2.1%. Brembo has 0.4% share with GT-R. Akebono Brake Industry and Hitachi Automotive Systems are competitive in the number of models in which their products are equipped. Akebono Brake Industry mainly supplies its products for mass-produced models, so it has a larger share than Hitachi Automotive Systems'.
- Honda: Nissin Kogyo has 71.43%, followed by Continental Automotive with 12.64%, Advics with 11.43%, Akebono Brake Industry with 4.5%.
- Others: Akebono Brake Industry and Hitachi Automotive Systems have over 50% shares for products to Mitsubishi Motors and Suzuki respectively. As for Mazda, Continental Automotive has nearly 50% share, and Advics is increasing the share.
- Share by supplier in the Japan market:
- Akebono Brake Industry: The largest foundation brake parts supplier in Japan. It supplies the parts for major automakers including Toyota and Honda, which have their own affiliated suppliers. However, it falls behind Advics in the Japanese share of calipers because Advics has a strong relationship with Toyota. It holds an advantageous position compared to other suppliers in its relationship with Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors.
- Advics: A Toyota-affiliated major supplier of foundation brake parts as well as brake control systems. Including products of Hosei Brake Industry, Advics owns a 70% market share in disc calipers supplied to Toyota in both quantity supplied and percentage of models. As the calipers are mounted on Toyota models, whose quantity is large, Advics has the largest share of calipers in Japan, beating Akebono Brake Industry. Advics supplies to major automakers, but it is not in a particularly advantageous position even to Daihatsu except in its supply share to Toyota.
- Hitachi Automotive Systems: A leading foundation brake parts and brake control system supplier. As for the foundation brake parts, the company only supplies disc calipers now. Historically, it has strong partnership with Nissan. The company is competing against Akebono Brake Industry in the number of models, but is behind Akebono Brake Industry in quantity supplied. The company has more advantages in its supply to Suzuki, Fuji Heavy Industry and Nissan. Hitachi Automotive Systems also supplies to Toyota and competes well with Advics, which is the largest supplier of the disc calipers to Toyota.
- Nissin Kogyo: A supplier of foundation brake parts as well as brake control systems. The Honda-affiliated supplier has a 90% market share in disc calipers provided to Honda in both quantity and percentage of models. Outside of the Honda group, it also supplies to major automakers except Toyota and Nissan but does not stand out.
|Toyota||86 GRMN||ADVICS||Brake caliper|
|Toyota||Auris||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Rear brake caliper|
|Toyota||bB||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Front brake caliper|
|Toyota||Corolla Hybrid (Axio/Fielder)||ADVICS||Disc brake caliper|
|Toyota||Harrier||ADVICS||Disc brake caliper|
|Toyota||iQ||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Rear brake caliper|
|Toyota||ist||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Rear brake caliper|
|Toyota||Lexus CT||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Rear brake caliper|
|Toyota||Lexus GS F||Brembo||6-piston brake caliper (front)|
|Toyota||Lexus GS F||Brembo||4-piston brake caliper (rear)|
|Toyota||Lexus RC F||Brembo||Front brake caliper|
|Toyota||Lexus RC F GT3||Brembo||Brake caliper|
|Toyota||Lexus RC F GT500||AP Racing||Brake caliper|
|Toyota||Lexus RC F Sport||Brembo||Brake caliper|
|Toyota||Passo||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Front brake caliper|
|Toyota||Prius||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Rear brake caliper|
|Toyota||Prius PHV||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Rear brake caliper|
|Toyota||Ractis||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Rear brake caliper|
|Toyota||RAV4||ADVICS||Disc brake caliper|
|Toyota||Scion xB||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Rear brake caliper|
|Toyota||Vitz||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Rear brake caliper|
|Daihatsu||Mira||Akebono Brake Industry||Disc brake caliper|
|Daihatsu||Mira Cocoa||Akebono Brake Industry||Disc brake caliper|
|Daihatsu||Mira e:S||Akebono Brake Industry||Disc brake caliper|
|Daihatsu||Move||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Front brake caliper|
|Nissan||GT-R NISMO N Attack Package||Brembo||Brake caliper|
|Nissan||X-Trail Hybrid||Akebono Brake Industry||Front brake caliper|
|Nissan||X-Trail Hybrid||Akebono Brake Industry||Rear brake caliper|
|Honda||Accord||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Accord||Nissin Kogyo||Rear brake caliper|
|Honda||Accord Hybrid||Akebono Brake Industry||Brake caliper|
|Honda||Accord Hybrid||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Accord Hybrid||Nissin Kogyo||Rear brake caliper|
|Honda||Accord Tourer||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Accord Tourer||Nissin Kogyo||Rear brake caliper|
|Honda||Acty Truck||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Acty Van||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Acura RLX||ZF TRW Automotive||Rear caliper (electric parking brake)|
|Honda||Acura RLX||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Acura RLX Hybrid||Akebono Brake Industry||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Acura RLX Hybrid||ZF TRW Automotive||Rear caliper (electric parking brake)|
|Honda||Civic Hybrid||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||CR-V||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||CR-V||Nissin Kogyo||Rear caliper|
|Honda||CR-Z||Akebono Brake Industry||Brake caliper|
|Honda||Fit||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Fit||Nissin Kogyo||Rear caliper|
|Honda||Fit Hybrid||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Fit Shuttle||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Fit Shuttle Hybrid||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Freed||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Freed||Nissin Kogyo||Rear caliper|
|Honda||Freed Hybrid||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Freed Spike||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Freed Spike Hybrid||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Grace||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Insight||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Jade||Akebono Brake Industry||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Jade||Nissin Kogyo||Rear caliper|
|Honda||Jade Hybrid||Akebono Brake Industry||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Jade Hybrid||Nissin Kogyo||Rear brake caliper|
|Honda||Legend||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Legend Hybrid||Akebono Brake Industry||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Legend Hybrid||ZF TRW Automotive||Rear caliper (electric parking brake)|
|Honda||Life||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||N BOX||ADVICS||Brake caliper|
|Honda||N BOX +||ADVICS||Brake caliper|
|Honda||N BOX Slash||ADVICS||Brake caliper|
|Honda||N-WGN||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Odyssey||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Odyssey||Nissin Kogyo||Rear brake caliper|
|Honda||S660||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||S660||Nissin Kogyo||Rear caliper|
|Honda||Shuttle||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Step WGN||Nissin Kogyo||Front caliper|
|Honda||Step WGN||Nissin Kogyo||Rear caliper|
|Honda||Stream||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Stream||Nissin Kogyo||Rear brake caliper|
|Honda||Vamos||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Vamos Hobio||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Vezel||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Honda||Vezel Hybrid||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Suzuki||Alto||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Disc brake caliper|
|Suzuki||Alto Lapin||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Disc brake caliper|
|Suzuki||Alto Lapin||Continental||Disc brake caliper|
|Suzuki||Escudo||ADVICS||Disc brake caliper|
|Suzuki||Jimny||ADVICS||Disc brake caliper|
|Suzuki||Jimny Siera||ADVICS||Disc brake caliper|
|Suzuki||Kizashi||Nissin Kogyo||Rear brake caliper|
|Suzuki||MR Wagon||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Disc brake caliper|
|Suzuki||MR Wagon||Continental||Disc brake caliper|
|Suzuki||Solio||ADVICS||Disc brake caliper|
|Suzuki||Solio||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Disc brake caliper|
|Suzuki||Spacia||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Disc brake caliper|
|Suzuki||Spacia||Akebono Brake Industry||Front caliper|
|Suzuki||Wagon R||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Disc brake caliper|
|Suzuki||Wagon R Stingray||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Disc brake caliper|
|Mazda||Atenza||ADVICS||Disc brake caliper|
|Mazda||Biante||Continental||Disc brake caliper|
|Mazda||Bongo||ADVICS||Disc brake caliper|
|Mazda||CX-5||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Brake caliper|
|Mazda||CX-5||Akebono Brake Industry||Brake caliper|
|Mazda||CX-9||ADVICS||Disc brake caliper|
|Mazda||CX-9||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Brake caliper|
|Mazda||Demio||ADVICS||Disc brake caliper|
|Mazda||Demio||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Disc brake caliper|
|Mazda||MPV||ADVICS||Disc brake caliper|
|Mazda||MPV||Hitachi Automotive Systems||Brake caliper|
|Mazda||Premacy||Continental||Disc brake caliper|
|Mazda||Roadster||ADVICS||Disc brake caliper|
|Mazda||Roadster||Nissin Kogyo||Rear brake caliper|
|Mazda||Roadster||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Subaru||BRZ tS||Brembo||Brake caliper|
|Subaru||Samber Truck||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Subaru||Samber Van||Nissin Kogyo||Front brake caliper|
|Subaru||WRX STI S207||Brembo||4-piston brake caliper|
|Subaru||WRX STI S207||Brembo||6-piston brake caliper|
|Akebono Brake Industry||✓||✓✓||✓||✓||✓✓||✓||✓✓||✓|
TMD Friction Group
|Japan Brake Industrial||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
- Disc pads require low-drag and control performance as well as durability. The suppliers are the companies focusing on the disc pads and disc brake suppliers whose main products are calipers.
- Major Japanese suppliers include Advics, Nisshinbo Brake, Akebono Brake Industry, Hitachi Chemicals and Japan Brake Industrial. American and European major suppliers are: TMD Friction, a subsidiary of Nisshinbo Brake, Honeywell International, as well as Brembo, which supplies products only for high-end sports cars. Japanese suppliers have over 95% share of the brake pads supplied to Japanese made models.
- Looking at the 2014 market share in Japan, the major 4 friction material suppliers in Japan are Advics with 38.8%, Nisshinbo Brake with 24.3%, Akebono Brake with 16.36%, and Hitachi Chemical with 10.6%. The total of the top 4 suppliers accounts for nearly 90% of the Japan market.
- The largest disc pads supplier, Advics, produces the products most in Japanese market because it supplies the products to Toyota. Nisshinbo Brake and Akebono Brake Industry, which supply their products to many automakers, follow Advics. The three companies own 80% share in total in the Japanese disc pads market.
- 2014 Share by OEM in the Japan market:
- Toyota: Advics has the top share of 77.93, followed by Nisshinbo Brake with 18.1% share. The Toyota-affiliated Aisin group pad supplier has the largest share in both quantity and the number of Toyota models. Advics does not own the top share for OEMs except Toyota, but its pad production volume is the largest in Japan. Nisshinbo Brake who is independent including its subsidiary, TMD Friction, has the second top share and keeps about 20% share with Toyota.
- Nissan: Hitachi Chemical has the top share of 50.6%, followed by Akebono Brake Industry with 39% share and Nisshinbo's subsidiary TMD with 10% share. The total of the top two friction material suppliers, Hitachi-affiliated Hitachi Chemicals and an independent company, Akebono Brake Industry, accounts for nearly 90% share of the brake pads supplied to Nissan.
- Honda: Nisshinbo Brake has the top share with 55%, followed by Hitachi Chemical's subsidiary Japan Brake with 22% share, Akebono Brake Industry 11.6% share, and Advics with 11.4% share. The independent Nisshinbo Brake has the top share in the disc pads market to Honda, however, the other three friction material suppliers, Japan Brake, Akebono Brake Industry, and Advics are competing and following Nisshinbo Brake.
- Others: Nisshinbo Brake is the top brakec pads supplier for Suzuki, Mazda and Fuji Heavy Industries, while Akebono Brake Industry is the largest supplier for Mitsubishi Motors and Hitachi Chemical has the largest brake pad share with Daihatsu.
- Share by supplier in the Japan market:
- Advics: The Toyota-affiated Aisin group pad supplier has the largest share in both quantity and the number of Toyota models. Advics does not own the top share for OEMs except Toyota, but its pad production volume is the largest in Japan.
- Nisshinbo Brake: The supplier has expertise in disc pads as well as brake friction materials of drum brake linings. Its wholly-owned subsidiary, TMD Friction, supplies disc pads to some Japanese OEMs as well as American and European OEMs. If disc pads of Nisshinbo and TMD friction are combined, they are supplied to all the Japanese OEMs. Nisshinbo Brake including TMD Friction is the market leader in disc pads supplied to Honda, Suzuki and Fuji Heavy Industries.
- Akebono Brake Industry: The company is the top supplier of foundation brake parts but falls behind Advics and Nissinbo Brake in terms of disc pads. It supplies disc pads to all Japanese OEMs and has the largest share in the disc pads supply to Mitsubishi and Daihatsu. Its share for Nissan is also in the dominant position.
- Hitachi Chemical: Hitachi-affiliated supplier which has a long partnership with Nissan. It has transferred production of disc pads in Japan to Japan Brake Industrial's subsidiary. It has a low supply share to Toyota, Daihatsu and Fuji Heavy Industry. The top 3 suppliers account for 80% share in the Japanese disc pads market. Hitachi Chemical comes as the fourth supplier, but the gap between the company and the top 3 suppliers is huge.
- Japan Brake Industrial: It supplies disc pads to Mazda the most, followed by Honda and Suzuki. It competes against Nisshinbo Brake for the disc pads share to Mazda, and it has a very small share in the disc pads supply to other OEMs.
|Toyota||Camry Hybrid||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Camry Hybrid||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Corolla Hybrid (Axio/Fielder)||ADVICS||Disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Crown Athlete||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Crown Royal||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Crown Royal||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Harrier||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Harrier||TMD Friction Group||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||ist||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus GS250||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus GS250||TMD Friction Group||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus GS300h||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus GS300h||TMD Friction Group||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus GS350||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus GS350||TMD Friction Group||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus GS450h||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus GS450h||TMD Friction Group||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus IS C||TMD Friction Group||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus IS250||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus IS250||TMD Friction Group||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus IS350||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus IS350||TMD Friction Group||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus LS460||TMD Friction Group||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus LS460||TMD Friction Group||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus LS600h||TMD Friction Group||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus LS600h||TMD Friction Group||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus RX270||TMD Friction Group||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus RX350||TMD Friction Group||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Lexus RX450h||TMD Friction Group||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Mark X||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Noah||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Pixis Truck||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Pixis Van||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Prius||Akebono Brake Industry||Front brake pad|
|Toyota||Prius||Akebono Brake Industry||Rear brake pad|
|Toyota||Probox Van||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Probox Wagon||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Ractis||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||RAV4||ADVICS||Disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Sienta||Akebono Brake Industry||Rear brake pad|
|Toyota||Sienta||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Vitz||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Voxy||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Toyota||Voxy/Noah||Nisshinbo Brake||Disc brake pad|
|Daihatsu||Altis||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Daihatsu||Altis||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Daihatsu||Atrai Wagon||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Daihatsu||Hijet Cargo||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Daihatsu||Hijet Truck||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Nissan||Lafesta Highway Star||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Nissan||Moco||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Nissan||NV100 Clipper||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Nissan||Patrol||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Nissan||X-Trail Hybrid||Akebono Brake Industry||Front brake pad|
|Nissan||X-Trail Hybrid||Akebono Brake Industry||Rear brake pad|
|Honda||CR-Z||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Honda||Fit||Akebono Brake Industry||Brake pad|
|Honda||Freed||Akebono Brake Industry||Brake pad|
|Honda||Odyssey||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Honda||Shuttle||Akebono Brake Industry||Brake pad|
|Honda||Step WGN||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Suzuki||Alto||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Suzuki||Alto Lapin||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Suzuki||Carry||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Suzuki||Escudo||Hitachi Chemical||Disc pad|
|Suzuki||Every||Hosei Brake Industry||Rear brake shoe|
|Suzuki||Every Wagon||Hosei Brake Industry||Rear brake shoe|
|Suzuki||Jimny Siera||Hitachi Chemical||Disc pad|
|Suzuki||Kizashi||Hitachi Chemical||Disc pad|
|Suzuki||MR Wagon||Nisshinbo Brake||Disc pad|
|Suzuki||Solio||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Suzuki||Spacia||Nisshinbo Brake||Disc pad|
|Suzuki||Swift||Nisshinbo Brake||Disc pad|
|Suzuki||Swift||Hitachi Chemical||Disc pad|
|Suzuki||Swift Sport||Nisshinbo Brake||Disc pad|
|Suzuki||Swift Sport||Hitachi Chemical||Disc pad|
|Suzuki||SX4||Nisshinbo Brake||Disc pad|
|Suzuki||Wagon R||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Suzuki||Wagon R Stingray||Nisshinbo Brake||Disc pad|
|Mitsubishi||Delica D:2||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Mazda||Atenza||Nisshinbo Brake||Disc pad|
|Mazda||Axela||Nisshinbo Brake||Disc pad|
|Mazda||Biante||Nisshinbo Brake||Disc pad|
|Mazda||Carol||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Mazda||CX-3||Nisshinbo Brake||Disc pad|
|Mazda||Flair||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Mazda||Mazdaspeed Axela||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Mazda||MPV||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Mazda||Premacy||Nisshinbo Brake||Disc pad|
|Mazda||Roadster||Akebono Brake Industry||Rear brake pad|
|Mazda||Scrum Truck||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Mazda||Scrum Van||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Mazda||Scrum Wagon||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Subaru||Dias Wagon||Nisshinbo Brake||Front disc brake pad|
|Subaru||Exiga||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Subaru||Forester||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Subaru||Impreza||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Subaru||Legacy B4||Akebono Brake Industry||Front brake pad|
|Subaru||Legacy B4||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Subaru||Legacy Outback||Akebono Brake Industry||Front brake pad|
|Subaru||Legacy Outback||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
|Subaru||Legacy Touring Wagon||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear disc brake pad|
III. List of leading brake suppliers and their customers (2) Drum Brake Components
|Disc rotor||Disc caliper||Disc pad|
2) Drum Brake Components
|Toyota||Allion||Hosei Brake Industry||Drum brake|
|Toyota||Aqua||Hosei Brake Industry||Drum brake|
|Toyota||bB||Aisin Takaoka||Rear leading trailing brake drum|
|Toyota||Corolla Axio||Hosei Brake Industry||Drum brake|
|Toyota||Hiace||Hosei Brake Industry||Drum brake|
|Toyota||iQ||Hosei Brake Industry||Drum brake|
|Toyota||Isis||Aisin Takaoka||Rear leading trailing brake drum|
|Toyota||ist||Aisin Takaoka||Rear leading trailing brake drum|
|Toyota||Noah||Aisin Takaoka||Rear leading trailing brake drum|
|Toyota||Passo||Aisin Takaoka||Rear leading trailing brake drum|
|Toyota||Porte||Hosei Brake Industry||Drum brake|
|Toyota||Premio||Hosei Brake Industry||Drum brake|
|Toyota||Prius PHV||Hosei Brake Industry||Drum brake|
|Toyota||Probox Van||Aisin Takaoka||Rear leading trailing brake drum|
|Toyota||Ractis||Hosei Brake Industry||Drum brake|
|Toyota||Rush (Daihatsu Be-go)||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Toyota||Sienta||Aisin Takaoka||Rear leading trailing brake drum|
|Toyota||Spade||Hosei Brake Industry||Drum brake|
|Toyota||Succeed Van||Aisin Takaoka||Rear leading trailing brake drum|
|Toyota||Vitz||Hosei Brake Industry||Drum brake|
|Toyota||Voxy||Aisin Takaoka||Rear leading trailing brake drum|
|Toyota||Wish||Hosei Brake Industry||Drum brake|
|Daihatsu||Atrai Wagon||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Daihatsu||Be-go||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Daihatsu||Boon||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Daihatsu||Coo||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Daihatsu||Hijet Cargo||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Daihatsu||Hijet Truck||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Daihatsu||Mira||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Daihatsu||Mira Cocoa||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Daihatsu||Mira e:S||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Daihatsu||Mira Van||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Daihatsu||Move||Nisshinbo Brake||Rear drum brake|
|Daihatsu||Move||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Daihatsu||Move Conte||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Daihatsu||TanTo||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Daihatsu||Tanto Exe||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Nissan||NV200 Vanette||Kiriu||Drum brake|
|Nissan||NV350 Caravan||Kiriu||Drum brake|
|Honda||Acty Truck||Nissin Kogyo||Rear drum brake|
|Honda||Acty Van||Nissin Kogyo||Rear drum brake|
|Honda||Fit||Kiriu||Rear brake drum|
|Honda||Fit||Nissin Kogyo||Rear drum brake|
|Honda||Freed||Nissin Kogyo||Rear drum brake|
|Honda||Grace||Nissin Kogyo||Rear drum brake|
|Honda||Jade||Nissin Kogyo||Rear drum brake|
|Honda||N-BOX||Kiriu||Rear brake drum|
|Honda||N-BOX||Nissin Kogyo||Rear brake drum|
|Honda||N-BOX +||Kiriu||Rear brake drum|
|Honda||N-BOX +||Nissin Kogyo||Rear brake drum|
|Honda||N-BOX Slash||Kiriu||Rear brake drum|
|Honda||N-BOX Slash||Nissin Kogyo||Rear brake drum|
|Honda||N-ONE||Kiriu||Rear brake drum|
|Honda||N-ONE||Nissin Kogyo||Rear drum brake|
|Honda||N-WGN||Kiriu||Rear brake drum|
|Honda||N-WGN||Nissin Kogyo||Rear drum brake|
|Honda||Shuttle||Nissin Kogyo||Rear drum brake|
|Honda||Vamos||Nissin Kogyo||Rear drum brake|
|Honda||Vamos Hobio||Nissin Kogyo||Rear drum brake|
|Suzuki||Alto Eco||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake assembly|
|Suzuki||Alto Lapin||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake assembly|
|Suzuki||Carry||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake assembly|
|Suzuki||Escudo||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake assembly|
|Suzuki||Every||Aisin Takaoka||Rear leading trailing brake drum|
|Suzuki||Every Wagon||Aisin Takaoka||Rear leading trailing brake drum|
|Suzuki||MR Wagon||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake assembly|
|Suzuki||Solio||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake assembly|
|Suzuki||Spacia||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake assembly|
|Suzuki||Swift||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake|
|Suzuki||Swift Sport||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake|
|Suzuki||SX-4||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake|
|Suzuki||Wagon R||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake assembly|
|Suzuki||Wagon R Stingray||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake assembly|
|Mitsubishi||eK Space||Akebono Brake Industry||Drum brake|
|Mitsubishi||eK Wagon||Akebono Brake Industry||Drum brake|
|Mazda||Axela||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake|
|Mazda||Biante||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake|
|Mazda||Bongo||Hitachi Chemical||Drum brake|
|Mazda||Bongo||Yoshiwa Industry||Drum brake|
|Mazda||Demio||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake|
|Mazda||Demio||Yoshiwa Industry||Drum brake|
|Mazda||Premacy||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake|
|Mazda||Verisa||Nisshinbo Brake||Drum brake|
|Mazda||Verisa||Yoshiwa Industry||Drum brake|
|Subaru||Dias Wagon||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Subaru||Lucra||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Subaru||Pleo||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Subaru||Pleo||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Subaru||Stella||Daihatsu Metal||Drum brake (drum)|
|Toyota||Corolla Hybrid (Axio/Fielder)||ADVICS||Brake shoe|
|Toyota||Passo||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Toyota||Pixis Space||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Daihatsu||Mira||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Daihatsu||Mira Cocoa||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Daihatsu||Mira Van||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Daihatsu||Move Conte||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Daihatsu||Tanto Exe||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Nissan||Moco||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Nissan||Vanette Truck||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Nissan||Vanette Van||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Acty Truck||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Acty Van||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||AZ-Offroad||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Carol||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Fit||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Fit||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Fit Hybrid||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Fit Hybrid||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Fit Shuttle||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Fit Shuttle||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Fit Shuttle Hybrid||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Fit Shuttle Hybrid||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Freed||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Freed Hybrid||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Freed Spike||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Freed Spike Hybrid||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Insight||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Life||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Life||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||N BOX||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||N-ONE||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||N-WGN||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Stream||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Vamos||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Vamos Hobio||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Honda||Verisa||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Suzuki||Alto||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Suzuki||Escudo||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Suzuki||Every||Hosei Brake Industry||Brake shoe|
|Suzuki||Every||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Suzuki||Every Wagon||Hosei Brake Industry||Brake shoe|
|Suzuki||Every Wagon||ADVICS||Brake shoe|
|Suzuki||Every Wagon||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Suzuki||Jimny||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Suzuki||Jimny Sierra||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Suzuki||MR Wagon||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Suzuki||Solio||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Suzuki||Swift||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Suzuki||SX4||Nissin Kogyo||Brake shoe|
|Mitsubishi||Delica D:2||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Subaru||Lucra||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Subaru||Pleo||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Subaru||Pleo +||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Subaru||Pleo Van||Nisshinbo Brake||Brake shoe|
|Toyota||Allion||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Aqua||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||bB||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Coaster||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Corolla Axio||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Corolla Fielder||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Dyna||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Hiace||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||iQ||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Isis||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||ist||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Noah||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Passo||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Pixis Space||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Porte||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Premio||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Ractis||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Regius Ace||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Rush||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Sienta||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Spade||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Toyoace||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Vitz||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Voxy/Noah||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Toyota||Wish||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Daihatsu||Atrai Wagon||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Daihatsu||Be-go||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Daihatsu||Boon||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Daihatsu||Coo||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Daihatsu||Hijet Cargo||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Daihatsu||Hijet Truck||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Daihatsu||Mira||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Daihatsu||Mira Cocoa||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Daihatsu||Mira e:S||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Daihatsu||Mira Van||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Daihatsu||Move||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Daihatsu||Move Conte||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Daihatsu||TanTo||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Daihatsu||Tanto Exe||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Nissan||Civilian||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Nissan||NT450 Atlas||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Nissan||NV350 Caravan||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Nissan||Sylphy||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Nissan||Vanette Truck||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Nissan||Vanette Van||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||Acty Truck||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||Acty Van||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||Civic Hybrid||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||Fit||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||Fit Hybrid||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||Fit Shuttle||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||Fit Shuttle Hybrid||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||Freed||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||Freed Hybrid||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||Freed Spike||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||Freed Spike Hybrid||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||Insight||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||N-WGN||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||Stream||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||Vamos||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Honda||Vamos Hobio||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Suzuki||Carry||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Suzuki||Jimny||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Suzuki||Jimny Sierra||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Suzuki||Solio||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Suzuki||Spacia||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Suzuki||Swift||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Suzuki||SX4||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Suzuki||Wagon R||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Mitsubishi||Delica D:2||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Mazda||AZ-Offroad||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Mazda||Flair||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Mazda||Flair Wagon||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Mazda||Scrum Truck||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Mazda||Verisa||TMD Friction Group||brake lining|
|Subaru||Dias Wagon||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Subaru||Lucra||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Subaru||Pleo||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Subaru||Pleo +||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Subaru||Pleo Van||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Subaru||Stella||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
|Subaru||Trezia||Nisshinbo Brake||brake lining|
Sources: Company announcements, press releases, interview findings by MarkLines
(with part of the information provided here based on forecasts by MarkLines)
IV. Comparison in sales among leading Brake suppliers
Sales on a consolidated basis
|(Million JPY)||Mar. 31, 2013||Mar. 31, 2014||Mar. 31, 2015||Remarks|
|Akebono Brake Industry||206,050||236,665||254,157||Overall Sales|
|Nisshinbo Holdings||450,693||444,350||523,757||Overall Sales|
|118,849||148,699||161,886||Sales for Brake Product Business|
|Hitachi Chemical||464,655||488,725||525,061||Overall Sales|
|245,157||261,179||275,769||Sales for Functional Materials|
|Japan Brake Industrial||N/A||N/A||N/A||Overall Sales|
|Nissin Kogyo||174,252||220,868||227,836||Overall Sales|
|Aisin Takaoka||215,400||247,400||263,800||Overall Sales|
|Asama Giken||N/A||N/A||N/A||Overall Sales|
|Daihatsu Metal||26,000||27,100||27,100||Overall Sales|
|Continental Automotive||N/A||N/A||N/A||Overall Sales|
The figures with * indicate approximate amounts.
Fiscal year-end months of Continental Automotive and Yoshiwa Kogyo are December and September respectively. Those of other companies are March.
Source: Publicity materials by each company, etc.
Global operating facilities with detailed description of local suppliers
|JV partners/ Major shareholders||Main customers||Major products (Remarks)|
|Akebono Brake Industry Co., Ltd.|
|Japan||Akebono Research & Development Center Ltd.||Hanyu (Saitama)||R||100|
|Akebono Brake Iwatsuki Manufacturing Co., Ltd.||Saitama (Saitama)||M||100||Drum brakes, Disc brakes|
|Akebono Brake Sanyo Manufacturing Co., Ltd.||Soja (Okayama)||M||100||Drum brakes, Disc brakes, Wheel cylinders|
|Akebono Brake Fukushima Manufacturing Co., Ltd.||Date-gun
|Akebono Brake Yamagata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.||Sagae (Yamagata)||M||100||Disc pads|
|Akebono Brake Industry Co., Ltd.
|Tatebayashi (Gunma)||M||Casting of brake components|
|China||Akebono Corporation (Guangzhou)||Guangzhou||M||80
|(Akebono Brake Corp.) 30
ITOCHU Corporation 20
|Akebono Corporation (Suzhou)||Suzhou||M||80
|(Akebono Brake Corp.) 30
(Akebono Brake Europe) 5
ITOCHU Corporation 20
|Indonesia||PT. Akebono Brake Astra Indonesia||Jakarta||M||50||Astra Group 50||Drum brakes, Disc brakes, Disc pads, Brake shoes, Linings|
|Thailand||Akebono Brake (Thailand) Co., Ltd.||Amphur Panthong||M||100||Disc brakes, Disc pads|
|USA||Akebono Brake Corporation||Elizabethtown (KY)||H||80||ITOCHU Corporation 20||North American HQ|
|Farmington Hills (MI)||R||Engineering center|
|Elizabethtown (KY)||M||Disc brakes, Drum brakes, Disc pads, Brake shoes|
|Glasgow (KY)||M||Disc pads, Disc brakes|
|Clarksville (TN)||M||Disc rotors, Brake drums, Corner modules|
|West Columbia (SC)||M||Disc brakes, Corner modules, Casting of brake components|
|Belgium||Akebono Brake Europe N.V.||Diegem||H||100||European HQ|
|France||Akebono Europe S.A.S. (Gonesse)||Gonesse Cedex||R||100
|(Akebono Brake Europe) 100||R&D/Sales|
|Akebono Europe S.A.S. (Arras)||Monchy-le-Preux||M||100
|(Akebono Brake Europe) 100||Disc pads|
|UK||Akebono Advanced Engineering (UK) Ltd.||Wokingham
|Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.|
|Japan||Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.
|Handa (Aichi)||M||ABS, Power tilt & telescopically adjustable steering columns,
Air suspension systems
|ADVICS Co., Ltd.
|Kariya (Aichi)||R||55||Denso Corporation 18
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.,
Toyota Motor Corporation
|Sales and Development of
Brake systems and components
|ADVICS Co., Ltd.
|Toyota (Aichi)||R||Development of
Brake systems and components
|ADVICS Co., Ltd.
|Kariya (Aichi)||M||Brake master cylinders, Disc brakes,
Proportioning valves, Wheel cylinders, Parking brakes
|Aisin Takaoka Co., Ltd.||51.2
|(Company details are shown separately.)|
|Hosei Brake Industry Co., Ltd.
|Toyota (Aichi)||M||53.1||Toyota Motor Corporation||Drum brakes,
Rear parking Brakes
|Hosei Brake Industry Co., Ltd.
|Takahama (Aichi)||M||Brake calipers|
|Hosei Brake Industry Co., Ltd.
|Toki (Gifu)||M||Pressed and Welded parts|
|Hosei Brake Industry Co., Ltd.
|Okazaki (Aichi)||M||Manufacturing of Die|
|AS Brake Systems Co., Ltd.||Itami (Hyougo)||M||80||Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. 20||Disc brakes|
|Aisin Chemical Co., Ltd.||Toyota (Aichi)||M||79.3
|Aisin Shinwa Co., Ltd.||Shimoshinkawa-gun
|M||99.7||Casting and Machining of
Disc brake components
|China||Hosei (Fuzhou) Brake Industry Co., Ltd.||Fuzhou||M||37.2
|(Hosei Brake Industry Co., Ltd.) 70
Gohsen Industries, Inc 30
|Toyota, Dongfeng Nissan,
|Brake parts and components|
|ADVICS Tianjin Automobile Parts Co., Ltd.||Tianjin||M||74.8
Toyota Tsusho Corporation 2.7
|Brake calipers, Parking brakes,
Brake master cylinders, Boosters
|ADVICS Guangzhou Automobile Parts Co., Ltd.||Guangzhou||M||52.2
Toyota Tsusho Corporation 5
|ADVICS Changzhou Administration Co., Ltd.||Changzhou||R||55
|(ADVICS) 100||Overall management/
development of brake components
|Advics China Co., Ltd.||Chanzhou||R||55
|(ADVICS) 100||Engineering and sales operations|
|Advics Fuzhou Automobile Parts Co., Ltd.||Fuzhou||M||44
Lioho Machine Works(Taiwan) 20
(Operations are scheduled to begin in April 2013)
|Tangshan Aisin Chemical Co., Ltd.||Tangshan||M||78.6
|(Aisin Chemical) 60
|ADVICS Tianjin Automobile Parts||Disc pads|
|Taiwan||Taiwan AISIN Elite Manufacturing Co., Ltd.||M||(Aisin AI)||Brake calipers, Brake master cylinders, Door locks, Clutches etc.|
|ADVICS Taiwan Automotive Parts Co., Ltd.||Taichung||R||(ADVICS)||Development and sales of brake systems and components|
|Indonesia||Pt. AT Indonesia||Karawang||M||30.6
|(Aisin Takaoka Co., Ltd.) 52
Toyota Tsusho Corporation 4
P.T. Astra Otoparts 40
|Thailand||ADVICS Asia Pacific Co., Ltd.||Simahaphot,
|(ADVICS) 100||ASEAN regional HQ|
|Siam Aisin Co., Ltd.||Simahaphot,
|M||97||Toyota Tsusho (Thailand) Co.,Ltd. 3||Brake Parts, Timing chain cases,
|Aisin Chemical (Thailand) Co., Ltd.||Amphur Bankhai Rayong||M||75.5
|(Aisin Chemical Co., Ltd.) 75
(ADVICS Asia Pacific) 20
|USA||ADVICS North America, Inc.||Lebanon (OH)||R||55
|(ADVICS) 100||Development and sales of
brake systems and components
|ADVICS Manufacturing Ohio, Inc.||Lebanon (OH)||M||55
|(ADVICS) 100||Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi,
GM, Chrysler, Ford
|ADVICS Manufacturing Indiana, Inc.||Terre Haute (IN)||M||55
|(ADVICS) 100||Drum brakes, Rear parking brakes,
Brake master cylinders, Pedal parking brakes
|SAFA, LLC||LaGrange (GA)||M||55
|(ADVICS North America, Inc.) 100||Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi||Disc pads|
|Aisin Drivetrain, Inc.||Crothersville (IN)||M||100
|(Aisin Holding of America, Inc.) 100||Brake components,
|Germany||ADVICS Europe Gmbh||Neu-Isenburg||R||55
|(ADVICS) 100||Development and sales of
brake systems and components
|Nisshinbo Holdings Inc.|
|Japan||Nisshinbo Brake Inc.
|Nisshinbo Brake Inc.
|Toyota (Aichi)||M||100||Drum brakes, Brake shoes,
Disc brakes for commercial vehicles
|Continental Automotive Corporation||49||Continental AG 51||(Company details are shown separately.)|
|China||Saeron Automotive Beijing Co., Ltd.
|(Searon Automotive Corporation) 100||Disc pads,
|Nisshinbo Saeron Changshu Automotive Corporation
|(Saeron Automotive Corporation) 50||Disc pads
(Operations are scheduled to begin in July 2012.)
|Continental Teves Corporation (Lian Yun Gang) Co., Ltd.||Lian Yun Gang||M||49||Continental AG 51||ABS sensors|
|India||Rane Brake Lining Ltd.||Chennai,
|M||20.15||Rane Group 79.85||Disc pads,
|Korea||Saeron Automotive Corporation
|Thailand||Nisshinbo Somboon Automotive Co., Ltd.
|M||97.1||Bangkok Spring 2.9||Disc pads, Brake linings,
Brake shoe assembly, Drum brakes
|USA||Nisshinbo Automotive Manufacturing Inc.
|Covington (GA)||MR||100||Chrysler, Ford, GM, Honda, Toyota, VW,
Advics, Akebono, Bosch, Brembo,
Continental Automotive Systems, Nissin Kogyo, TRW
|Nissin Kogyo Co., Ltd.|
|Japan||Nissin Kogyo Co., Ltd.
|Ueda (Nagano)||M||VSA, Master cylinders,
|Nissin Kogyo Co., Ltd.
|Toumi (Nagano)||M||Disc brakes,
|Nissin Kogyo Co., Ltd.
|Nissin Kogyo Co., Ltd.
Nagano R&D Center
|Nissin Kogyo Co., Ltd.
Tochigi R&D Center
|Yoshida Kogyo Co., Ltd.||Saku (Nagano)||M||30||Nissin Kogyo,
|Brake parts (Caliper pistons, Master cylinder Piston/Body, Wheel cylinder),
|Japan Brake Industrial Co., Ltd.||21.1||Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd. 73.4||(Company details are shown separately.)|
|China||Shandong Nissin Industry Co., Ltd.||Rushan (Shandong)||M||95.3||Brake systems/parts for motor cycles|
|Zhongshan Nissin Industry Co., Ltd.||Zhongshan||M||100||Calipers, Rear brake assembly, Master cylinders /Boosters, ABSs|
|Nissin R&D China||Guangzhou||R|
|India||Nissin Brake India Pvt. Ltd.||Neemrana,
|M||100||Honda (City)||Brake systems,
Master powers, Calipers
|Indonesia||P. T. Chemco Harapan Nusantara||Jababeka Cikarang,
|M||40||P.T.Prospect Motor 40
|Thailand||Nissin Brake (Thailand) Co., Ltd.||Amphur Muang,
|M||51||Manoyontchai Co., Ltd. 14.3
Local & Others 34.7
|Japan Brake (Thailand) Co., Ltd.||Amphur Bangpa-In,
|(Japan Brake Industrial Co., Ltd.) 54
Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd. 6
(Nissin Brake (Thailand) Co., Ltd.) 6
|Nissin R&D Asia Co., Ltd.||Bangkok||R||100|
|Vietnam||Nissin Brake Vietnam Co., Ltd.||Binh Xuyen||M||100
|USA||Nissin Brake Ohio, Inc. (NBO)||Findlay (OH)||M||74.1||American Honda Motor Co., Inc. 25.9||Honda||Brake systems/parts|
|Nissin Brake Georgia, Inc. (NBG)||Rock Spring (GA)||M||100
|(Nissin Brake Ohio, Inc.) 26.7||Honda||Brake Systems/parts|
|Nissin R&D USA||East liberty (OH)||R|
|Brazil||Nissin Brake Do Brasil Ltda.||Manaus-Am
|MM||100||Honda (Fit)||Brake systems,
Master cylinders, Master powers,
|UK||Nissin Showa UK Ltd.||Aberdare Mid-Glamorgan
|M||35.7||Showa Corporation 64.3||Toyota Manufacturing UK,
Honda UK Manufacturing
|Brake parts (Calipers, Master cylinders, Boosters),
Power steering systems, Shock Absorbers
|Spain||Nissin R&D Europe S.L.||Viladecans||R||100|
|Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd.|
|Japan||Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd.
|Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd.
Valve timing control systems etc.
|TOKICO High Cast Ltd.||Higashishirakawa-gun
|M||100||Casting of caliper parts|
|China||TOKICO Automotive (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.||Suzhou||M||61||Heng Tong Auto Parts Co., Ltd.||Disc brakes, Shock absorbers etc.|
|Guangzhou Hitachi Unisia Automotive Parts Co., Ltd.||Guangzhou||M||100||Nissan, Honda, GM||ABSs, Power steering systems etc.|
|Thailand||TOKICO (Thailand) Ltd.||Amphur Muang,
|(Hitachi Automotive Systems Singapore) 3
|Nissan, Toyota, Isuzu||Disc brakes,
|USA||Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
|Berea (KY)||M||100||Toyota, Nissan, AAI, CAMI, Ford||Brake systems,
|Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd.|
|Japan||Japan Brake Industrial Co., Ltd.||Hachiouji (Tokyo)||MR||73.4||Nissin Kogyo Co., Ltd. 21.1||(Company details are shown separately.)|
|Mexico||Hitachi Chemical Mexico S.A. de C.V.||Montemorelos
|(Hitachi Chemical Company America, Ltd.) 1||Disc pads|
|Japan Brake Industrial Co., Ltd.|
|Japan||Japan Brake Industrial Co., Ltd.
Friction Material Development Department
AS Brake Systems,
|Japan Brake Industrial Co., Ltd.
Brake Component Development Department
|Japan Brake Industrial Co., Ltd.
Production Engineering Development Department
|Japan Brake Industrial Co., Ltd.
|Sammu (Chiba)||M||Disc pads,
|Japan Brake Industrial Co., Ltd.
|Namie Japan Brake Co., Ltd.||Chikusei (Ibaraki)||M||100|
|Australia||Bosch Chassis Systems Australia Pty. Ltd.||T|
|China||Foshan J.B. Automotive Products Co., Ltd||Foshan||M||100|
|Putian Municipal Rongxing Machinery Co., Ltd.||T|
|Fuzhou Assured Brake Systems Co., Ltd.||T|
|India||Allied Nippon Limited||New Delhi||M||JV||Allied Motors|
|Allied JB Friction Pvt. Ltd.||M||51||Allied Nippon Limited 49||Friction materials (Operations are scheduled to begin in December 2012.)|
|Bosch Chassis Systems India Ltd.||T|
|Korea||Sangsin Brake Co., Ltd.||T|
|Taiwan||Wu Tai Industrial Co., Ltd.||T|
|Thailand||Japan Brake (Thailand) Co., Ltd.||Amphur Bangpa-In
|M||54||Nissin Kogyo Co., Ltd. 34
Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd. 6
Nissin Brake (Thailand) Co., Ltd. 6
|Nissin Brake (Thailand) Co., Ltd.||T|
|Mexico||Hitachi Chemical Mexico, S.A. de C.V.||T|
|Aisin Takaoka Co., Ltd.|
|Japan||Aisin Takaoka Co., Ltd.
|Toyota (Aichi)||MR||Drum brakes, Exhaust manifolds, Intake manifolds,
|Aisin Takaoka Co., Ltd.
|Nishio (Aichi)||M||Disc rotors,
|AT Tohoku Co., Ltd.||Oohira-mura,
|M||Kanto Auto Works,
|Aisin Sinwa Co., Ltd.||Nyuzen-cho,
|M||Disc brake parts etc.|
|AT Kyushu Co., Ltd.||Nankan-machi,
|China||Takaoka Lioho (Guangzhou) Machinery Industries Co., Ltd.||Guangzhou||M||51||Toyota Tsusho Corporation 3
Kunshan Liufeng Machinery Industry Co., Ltd. 46
|Machining of cast components|
|Takaoka Lioho (Tianjin) Industries Co., Ltd.||Tianjin||M||51||Toyota Tsusho Corporation 3
Kunshan Liufeng Machinery Industry Co., Ltd. 42.8
Lioho Machine Works, Ltd. 3.2
|Takaoka Lioho (Yunfu) Industries Co.,Ltd.||Yunfu||M||68.1
|Takaoka Lioho (Tianjin) Industries Co., Ltd. 55.2,
Takaoka Lioho (Guangzhou) Machinery Industries Co., Ltd. 10
|Machining of cast components (Disc rotors etc.)
(Operations are scheduled to begin in January 2013.)
|Indonesia||Pt. AT Indonesia||Karawang||M||52||Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd. 4
Toyota Tsusho Corporation 4
P.T. Astra Otoparts 40
|Thailand||Siam AT Industry Co., Ltd.||Amphur Muang,
|M||Machining of cast components|
|The Siam Nawaloha Foundry Co., Ltd.||Banmhor, Saraburi||M||Casting/Machining|
|The Nawaloha Industry Co., Ltd.||Amphur Nongkae,
|Aisin Takaoka Foundry Bangpakong Co.,Ltd.||Phantong, Chonburi||M||70.1||Cementhai Holding 29.9||Casting|
|Thai Engineering Products Co., Ltd.||Khlong Luang,
|M||46.1||Toyota Motor Thailand 10
Tri Petch Isuzu Sales 10
Thai Suzuki Motor 5
The Siam Cement Public 28.9
|USA||INTAT Precision, Inc.||Rushville (IN)||M||98.4||Aisin Holdings of America 1.6||Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing,
Subaru, Hino, Ambrake, ADVICS,
Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas
|Casting/Machining of Brake calipers,
Disc rotors, Brake drums,
Differential gear cases etc.
|ATTC Manufacturing, Inc.||Tell City (IN)||M||100||Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing,
Nissan, Hino, American Axle
|Machining of Cast components
(Disc rotors, Brake drums, Differential gear cases etc.)
|Asama Giken Co., Ltd.|
|Japan||Asama Giken Co., Ltd.
|Brake discs, Brake drums,
|Asama Giken Co., Ltd.
|Komoro (Nagano)||M||Caliper bodies,
Gear cases, Knuckle arms
|Indonesia||P.T. Asama Indonesia Manufacturing||Karawang||M||43||P.T. Prospect Motor 28,
Asian Honda Motor 14,
Yanagawa Seiki Co., Ltd. 10,
Nissin Kogyo Co., Ltd. 3
|USA||Asama Coldwater Manufacturing, Inc.||Coldwater (MI)||M||100||Honda||Disc rotors, Brake drums (Casting/Machining)|
|Japan||Kiriu Corporation||Ashikaga (Tochigi)||M||Disc rotors, Brake drums, AT/CVT components,
Air conditioner components
|Kiriu Oita Corporation||Usa (Oita)||M||100||Nissan||Disc rotors, Brake drums|
|Kiriu Yamagata Corporation||Mogami-gun
Air conditioner components
|China||Kiriu-Lioho Co., Ltd.||Guangzhou||M||45||Lioho Machine Works, Ltd. 55||Dongfeng Nissan||Disc rotors, Brake drums, Air conditioner components|
|India||Munjal Kiriu Industries Pvt. Limited||Gurgaon (Haryana)||M||51||Hero Motors Limited 49||Renault Nissan, GM, Maruti Suzuki||Disc rotors, Brake drums|
|Indonesia||P.T. Kiriu Indonesia||Bekasi||M||100||Disc rotors, Brake drums, Calipers, Differential cases|
|Korea||Kiriu Samick Co., Ltd.||Teagu||M||35||Samick Group 65||Renault Samsung, GM Daewoo||Disc rotors, Brake drums|
|Thailand||Kiriu Thailand Co., Ltd.||Pluakdaeng (Rayong)||M||95||Sumitomo Corporation 5||Nissan||Disc rotors, Brake drums, Knuckles, Wheel hubs|
|USA||Kiriu USA Corporation||Bowling Green (KY)||M||100||Nissan, Subaru||Disc rotors, Brake drums|
|Mexico||Kiriu Mexicana S.A. de C.V.||Lerma||M||95||Sumitomo Corporation 5||Nissan Mexicana||Disc rotors, Brake drums, Cylinder blocks|
|Continental Automotive Corporation|
|Japan||Continental Automotive Corporation
|Continental Automotive Corporation
|Hamakita (Shizuoka)||M||Electronic brake system,
|Continental Automotive Corporation
Brake master cylinders, Brake boosters
|Continental Automotive Corporation
Asahi R&D Center
|MR||ABS, ESC, Hydraulic units,
|Memanbetsu Technical Center||Abashiri-gun
|Technos Co., Ltd.||Saku (Nagano)||M||100||Booster components|
|Kanto-Seiatsu Kogyo Co., Ltd.||Honjo (Saitama)||M||68.9||Booster components|
|Thailand||Bosch Automotive Thailand Co., Ltd.||Rayong||M||87.9||Brake boosters|
<Automobile industry portal MarkLines>