IAA Transportation 2022 (2) Global CV manufacturer exhibitions
VW, Renault, IVECO, Ford, Scania and MAN: Alternative drive systems for vans, LCVs, trucks and buses
- VW Commercial Vehicles: ID.Buzz Variations and the New Amarok
- Renault: Diversity with the E-Tech Electric and Hyvia's H2 Technology
- IVECO: Driving the Road of Change
- Ford PRO: Premiere of the E-Transit Custom
- Scania: “Ready for the Road Ahead” with Sustainable Solutions
- MAN Truck & Bus: Combining Tradition and Transformation
|IAA Transportation 2022 venue|
The IAA Transportation 2022, organized by the German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA), was held at the Messe venue in Hannover from September, 20 to 25, 2022. On September 19, the exhibition was exclusively open to the press.
After a three-year break caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the event restarted with a completely new concept under the "People and goods on the move" slogan.
Whereas the event, which was formerly known as IAA Commercial Vehicles, used to focus on light and heavy commercial vehicles, the new IAA Transportation covers the entire transport and logistics sector.
Central topics were climate protection, alternative drive systems, digital networking and concepts for the growing delivery traffic in cities.
More than 1,400 exhibitors from a total of 42 countries presented their innovations and concepts.
Besides commercial vehicle manufacturers and suppliers, infrastructure providers, bus manufacturers, tech companies and even cargo bike manufacturers welcomed visitors at their booths.
For the first time, there was a dedicated start-up area, where around 70 companies presented their transport and logistics solutions for future carbon-free transport.
Also, the so called "IAA EXPERIENCE" was part of the new concept. It enabled visitors to experience innovations by:
- testing a total of 22 heavy and 39 light commercial vehicles at a test track. The test vehicles were recharged at the "Plug & Play Campus" using 100% green electricity.
- riding e-cargo bikes in the IAA Cargo Bike parcours and taking a look at further innovations in the IAA Last Mile Area: delivery robots, e-vans and concepts from the Internet-of-things or SaaS platforms.
- Participating in guided tours with the following themes: truck, bus, infrastructure and urban
Another novelty at this year's event was the IAA Conference, at which national and international speakers held keynotes and discussed in panel talks about current topics and trends from the logistics, trade, infrastructure and municipal transport sectors.
This report gives an inside of the major manufacturers that were present at the event.
IAA Transportation 2022 (1) Commercial vehicle OEMs unveiled latest EVs (Oct. 2022)
Faster Charging of Cars and Trucks (Oct. 2022)
Possibilities for the Electrification of Heavy Commercial Vehicles (Apr. 2022)
BYD: Car sales up 75% to 730k in 2021, in-house NEV development (Mar. 2022)
Decarbonization Trends in Commercial Vehicles: Accelerating Alliances for EV and FCV Development (Aug. 2021)
Daimler's carbon-neutral strategy: PHVs and EVs expected to account for 50% of car sales by 2030 (Jul. 2021)
Read more at no cost for a limited time by registering for a free trial.