Electric Vehicle (EV/PHV/FCV) Sales Monthly Report (September 2022)
Electric vehicle sales in September increased 59.3% y/y to 955k units
- Share of electric vehicles (EV/PHV/FCV)
- Electric vehicle share and trends in each country
- Electric vehicle sales trends of major manufacturers and sales composition by powertrain
Automobile sales trends in 11 major countries (Including all Powertrain types)
Share of electric vehicles (EV/PHV/FCV)
This report presents new car sales volumes (MarkLines aggregate data, excluding commercial vehicles; estimates are included) and analyzes sales trends of electric vehicles (EV: electric vehicles / PHV: plug-in hybrid vehicles / FCV: fuel cell vehicles) in the global market in 14 countries, including 11 major countries, which account for approximately 80% of global car sales, and three Nordic countries (*Note).
Click here to see Automotive Sales data
Click here to see August report
11 major countries: China, U.S.A., Japan, India, Germany, France, Brazil, U.K., South Korea, Canada, Italy
3 Nordic countries: Norway, Sweden, Finland
These 14 countries account for about 90% of global electric vehicle sales.
(*Note) Reasons for high electrification rates in Nordic countries
- The population’s environmental awareness has always been high.
- A high percentage of electricity is generated from renewable energy sources such as hydroelectric power and wind power (awareness of the need to use abundant renewable energy for electric vehicles).
- Generous policies such as subsidies, tax incentives, and charging infrastructure development.
- A wide range of electric vehicle models is available.
*Note: Vehicle data rounded off to the nearest thousand units
Sales of electric vehicles in the 11 major countries and the three Nordic countries of Norway, Sweden, and Finland (14 countries in total) totaled 955K units in September 2022. The year-over-year (y/y) increase was 59.3% and the increase over the previous month was 14.8%.
The share of electric vehicles in all powertrains was 17.8%, up 12.8 points from September 2020, and an additional 0.3 points from the previous month. (*Some corrections have been made to the historical volume data.) Conversely, the sales of HVs (excluding mild HVs) were at a standstill at 5.2%, and the gap with electric vehicles is gradually widening.
|Total sales volume / share of electric vehicles and HVs in 11 major countries and 3 Nordic countries|
Read more at no cost for a limited time by registering for a free trial.