Shaanxi Fast Auto Drive Group Co., Ltd.

Company Profile



No.129, West Avenue, High-tech Zone, Xi'an, Shaanxi Province, China

Business Overview

-The Company is a major supplier of transmissions used in heavy-duty vehicles. It mainly manufactures heavy-duty transmissions, fluid retarders, clutches, power take-off systems, gears, castings and forging products.

-As of the end of 2022, the Company has an annual production capacity of 1.2 million automotive transmissions, 50 million gears and 200,000 tons of automotive castings and forgings.

-The Company supplies products and exports to customers in more than 10 countries and regions including the U.S., Australia, East Europe, South America, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia. Today, the company's various products supply thousands of models of more than 150 domestic and foreign OEMs. The company has a Chinese domestic market share of over 70% with unit sales of over 11 million units. The company's share of the domestic market for transmissions for commercial vehicles is over 70%.


(As of Dec. 31, 2022)
Shareholder Share Ratio (%)
State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of Shaanxi Provincial People's Government 51.00
Changan Huitong Co., Ltd. 49.00


Intelligent products
Hydraulic retarders
Electronically controlled mechanical type AMTs

New Energy products series
Series transmissions

Transmissions for heavy-duty trucks
All-aluminum housing all synchronized transmissions
Hydraulic AMTs

Transmissions for medium and light-duty trucks

Transmissions for buses
Single counter-shaft transmissions
Double counter-shaft transmissions
All-aluminum housing transmissions

Diaphragm spring clutches
Pull-type diaphragm spring clutches


Power take-off systems
Forging products


1968 Shaanxi Auto Gear General Works was established.
1984 The Company introduced Eaton Corporation's Fuller transmission technology and established a new plant to manufacture twin countershaft transmissions in Xi'an.
Sep. 2001 The Company, Shaanxi Auto Gear General Works, and Torch Automobile Group Co., Ltd. jointly established Shaanxi Fast Gear Co., Ltd.
Sep. 2001 The Company established Baoji Fast Gear Co., Ltd.
Jan. 2004 The Company and Eaton Corporation of the U.S.A. jointly established Eaton Fast Gear (Xi'an) Co., Ltd. This joint-venture company was dissolved in 2007.
Feb. 2004 The Company established Xi'an Fast Auto Drive Co., Ltd.
Dec. 2005 The Company reorganized its business structure and adopted a new name, Shaanxi Fast Auto Drive Group Company.
Apr. 2007 Weichai Power Co., Ltd. absorbed Torch Automobile Group, thereby acquiring  a 51 percent ownership in Shaanxi Fast Gear Co., Ltd.
May. 2010 The Company established Xianyang Precision Machinery Branch.
Apr. 2011 The Company established Xi'an FC Intelligence Transmission Co., Ltd.with Shaanxi Fast Gear Co., Ltd. and Caterpillar Investment Co., Ltd. 
Sep. 2013 Fast Auto Drive (Thailand) Co., Ltd., the Company's first overseas production base, broke ground in Rayong Thailand.
Jan. 2014 Xi'an FC Intelligence Transmission, a joint-venture between the Company and Caterpillar, began commercial production.
Jul. 2014 Shaanxi Fast Gear Co., Ltd., a joint venture of the Company, and Eaton Corporation announced in July 2014 that they signed a contract in Xi'an to set up a new joint venture company Fast Eaton (Xi'an) Drive Systems Co., Ltd. It is 51% funded by Shaanxi Fast Gear Co., Ltd. with the remaining 49% held by Eaton.
Oct. 2014 Fast Auto Drive (Thailand) Co., Ltd., a subsidiary in Thailand, began production operations with the capacity to produce 30,000 transmissions per year.
Apr. 2017 The Company started construction of its plant in Baoji. The plant will produce transmissions for light- and medium-duty applications, and drivetrain related products for NEVs.
Feb. 2018 The Company's smart transmission system subsidiary in Shaanxi was established.
Nov. 2018 Shaanxi Fast Gear Co., Ltd., the Company's subsidiary, and Eaton Corporation of the U.S. announced the launch of its joint transmission manufacturer Shaanxi Fast Eaton (Baoji) Light Transmission Co., Ltd.
Jul. 2019 Shaanxi Fast Gear Co., Ltd. and Fast MAZ Co., Ltd. held a ceremony to sign a joint venture agreement and celebrate the start of the construction of a new plant.
2022 Launched the “e-Gallop” brand for New Energy Vehicles (NEVs).

Supplemental Information 1