GM in China (2): mid-term business and model plans, development and sales structure
60 new models introduced by 2015, targeting 5 million in sales
- GM's medium-term sales business plan in China: GM targets the sale of 5 million in 2015 including its joint venture plants' own brand vehicle
- Development: to increase the number of R&D facilities and to jointly develop with SAIC new energy technology/next-generation new models
- Model plan: to introduce about 60 new models by 2015
- Sales: to focus on used cars and after-sales service
- (Reference) GM: sales volume and sales plan by model and joint venture plant in China
In 2010, GM sold 8.39 million worldwide, up by 12.2% year-on-year. Among them, sales from the business in China grew rapidly starting in 2009; in 2010, GM increased sales of vehicles (including exports and vehicles imported and sold） by 28.8% year-on-year to 2.35 million (announced by GM）. GM's sales in China surpassed 2.22 million in the US and accounted for slightly more than 28% of GM's overall sales. GM forecast double-digit growth in the future in China, targeting sales of more than 5 million in 2015.
In the first half of 2011 (January-June period), GM sold 1.27 million (excluding sales of imported vehicles) in China, which is up 5.8% year-on-year and is the record high in the January-June period.
The following reports GM's latest activities including their medium-term business plan, development, model plan, and sales structure.
Regarding GM's mid-term production plan of vehicles and engines in China, we report in "GM in China (1): plan to boost production capacity of vehicles and engines" which was issued on August 8, 2011.