Harbin Dongan Auto Engine Co., Ltd.   FY2011

Business Highlights

Financial Overview

(In million yuan)
2011 2010 Difference% Factors
Sales 1,522.46 2,333.99 (34.77%)


Operating profit 31.38 126.87 (75.27%)
-Profit decreased due to the sales decreased.

Ordinary profit 33.83 134.22  (74.80%)
Net profit 33.83 134.22 (74.80%)

-Influenced by macro-control of the State in 2011 and the withdrawal of encouragement policies of automobile consumption, sales of the Company's major customers Hafei Auto and Changhe Auto decreased a lot. Therefore, the sales of the Company reduced accordingly. In 2011, the Company sold 233,000 engines and sold 4953 transmissions.

-In 2011, the proportion of products sold to companies other than Changan Automobile Group increased 13.3%. The Company started to supply its products to Shaanxi Tongjia Automobile Co., Ltd. in bulk and developed business relationship with Southeast Asia counties and exported some products.

-The Company planned to sell 280,000 powertrain assemblies in 2012 and achieve sales of 1.75 billion.(From the Company's 2011 annual report)


-In December 2009, Aviation Industry Corporation of China agreed to transfer the shares of stock it has in the Company to China Changan Automobile Group Holdings Co., Ltd. Based on this agreement, Aviation Industry Corporation of China and the China Changan Automobile Group signed a stock transfer report on March 20, 2011 according to a voluntary transfer system for state-owned shares. When the transaction is completed, the Company will be owned 54.51 percent by China Changan Automobile Group Holdings, and the remaining 45.49 percent will be outstanding. The stock transfer project has been approved by the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC). (From an announcement by the company, March 20, 2011)

Investment Activities

Recent Capital Investment Projects (as at the end of Dec.2011)

(in million yuan)
Items Planed amount of investment Amount invested in 2011 Percentage already invested out of the total planned investment Notes
Additional production lines to manufacture crankshafts  160.00 34.01 83.25% -trial production in big quantities
Establishing a production line to produce dual VVT small displacement engines 531.16 4.68 0.88% Under construction
Setting up a production line for electronic-control, small displacement gasoline engines 155.63 0.78 0.50% Under construction
Constructing a production line to make 6-speed transmissions for small passenger vehicles 197.26 1.32 0.67% Under construction

-Harbin Dongan Auto Engine Co., Ltd. decided at a board meeting held on August 17, 2011 that it will invest in the following three projects. Each construction plan is expected to take 24 months to complete, with new operations slated to begin in 2013. 1.  531 million yuan project to establish a production line to manufacture its proprietary, dual VVT small displacement engine. The company is going to ensure the annual production capacity of 50,000 engines in the first phase, while adding another 50,000 to achieve 100,000 in the second phase. 2.  155.6 million yuan project to set up a production line for electronic-control, small displacement gasoline engines, in which the company owns an intellectual property right. The yearly output capacity of the new production line is expected to reach 50,000 units. 3. 197 million yuan project to construct a production line to make 6-speed transmissions for small passenger vehicles. The yearly production capacity is planned to reach 50,000 units. (From an announcement by the company, August 18, 2011)