Archives of Past Exhibits:Yutaka Giken
2015 JSAE Automotive Engineering Exposition
-Collects exhaust heat and enhances heating performances. Early fuel cut and activation of engine stop-start system improves fuel efficiency. -The compact component can be retrofit to the exhaust system. -Targeted at vehicles including hybrids. -Mass-production scheduled to begin in 2016.
2014 JSAE Automotive Engineering Exposition
Exhaust chamberInstalled vehicle: Honda "CR-V" -Manufactured by Cardington Yutaka Technologies, located in Ohio, USA.
Single-piece cone for catalytic converterInstalled vehicle: Honda "CR-V" -Manufactured in Japan and USA. -The single-piece unit reduces the number of components and eliminates welding process to join two components
Single-piece cone for catalytic converterInstalled vehicle: Honda "Fit" -Manufactured in Japan, China, Mexico, India and Thailand.
Torque converterInstalled vehicle: Honda "Odyssey" -Manufactured in Japan and China (Foshan Yutaka Auto Parts).
Torque converterInstalled vehicle: Honda "Fit" -Manufactured in Japan, China, Thailand and Mexico (Yutaka Technologies de Mexico).
2013 JSAE Automotive Engineering Exposition
2012 JSAE Automotive Engineering Exposition
2010 JSAE Automotive Engineering Exposition
Ultra Flat Torque Converter for Passenger Cars (Photo)
- A 65.7% flat rate has reduced the weight of the torque converter by 2.52 kilo grams than conventional products, resulting in reduction of the size as well. The new converter, which is designed to respond to multiple rate transmissions, is installed on the Honda Civic
Fluid Coupling for Small Commercial Vehicles(Photo)
- The product has been developed jointly with Isuzu Motors, and is installed on the Isuzu "ELF." It has the lock-up device and adopts lock-up clutches developed by the Company.
Components requiring surface treatment are completely chromium-free, responding to standards and regulations of exhaust gas emissions.
- Under floor one-bed/closed coupling one-bed type for the Civic hybrid; Produced in Japan and the U.S.
- Closed coupling two-bed type; Produced in Japan, the U.S., China, and the Philippines. Technical licensing in Turkey and Taiwan.
-Exhaust Finisher Embedded in Bumper
- The product is applied to the U.K. made Civic 5-door model. Die making and polishing technologies are combined to make mass production possible.
- DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) Converter
Mass production of DPF converters has been made possible by the existing manufacturing technology (Variable outer diameter canning, or shrink canning) to meet regulations of PM (Particulate Matter) peculiar to diesel. Adoption of a high heat resistance laminated mat (1 mat sheet) has contributed to improving productivity. The product is installed on the Honda CR-V.
- Low back pressure full dual silencer system
-Lightweight (100g) variable valve without hinges provides both low back pressure and low noise. It is installed on the Honda Legend.
- Dual layer exhaust manifold with low heat mass
Mesh less slide mechanism is adopted. Production engineering technology of super-thin (inner pipe plate thickness of 0.4 and inner chamber thickness of 0.8) and high heat resistance materials has produced low levels of emissions and high heat resistance. It is installed on the Honda Accord.