Dongfeng Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. (DETC)

Company Profile

■URL

http://www.detc.com.cn

■Address

22F, Zhongqi Bldg, No.2000, Zhongshan North Road, Shanghai 200063, China

Business Overview

-An automotive components manufacturer under the umbrella of Dongfeng Motor.

-The Company manufactures instrument meters, interior trims, bumpers, brake systems, ABS and components for electronic devices such as ECUs and sensors.

-In 2016, the Company's sales reached CNY 5,224.43 million. Oil supply system, brake system, die-casting parts and interior products are the main products of the Company, accounting for 80.87% of the total sales in 2016.

Shareholders

-Listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (As of Dec. 31, 2016)
Major Shareholder Shareholding Ratio
Dongfeng Motor Parts And Components Group Co., Ltd. 65%
Agricultural Bank of China Limited - BOCOM Schroder Advanced Manufacturing Hybrid Securities Investment Fund 0.61%
Agricultural Bank of China Limited - BOCOM Schroder SOE Reform Flexible Configuration Hybrid Securities Investment Fund 0.35%
Others 34.04%
Total 100%

Products

Instrument Meters

Electronic Products
- Inverters
- Body Control Modules
- Remote Control Keys
- Electronic Accelerator Pedals
- Air Conditioning Switches
- Car Phone Bluetooth Modules
- Multi-Function Displays
- Drive Recorders

Sensors
- Electric Mileometer Sensors
- Crankshaft Speed Sensors
- Coolant Temperature Sensors
- Inlet Temperature Sensors
- Oil Pressure Sensors
- Oil Temperature Pressure Sensors

Brake System Components

- Air Handling Units
- Spring Brake Chambers
- Disc Brakes
- Pressure ABS systems
- Dual Chamber Brake Valves
- Four Circuit Protection Valves
- Exhaust Brake Valves
- Air Dryers
- Unload Valves
- Relay Valves
- Trailer Brake Valves
- Sensing Valves
- Differential Relay Valves

ABS
-ECU
 - Sensors
 - Solenoid Valves for ABS
 - Solenoid Valve Cables for ABS
 - Gear Rims

Fuel System Components
 
- Carburetors
 - Fuel Pumps
 - Plunger Oil Pumps

Interior Parts
 
- Rear Parcels
 - Roof Trims
 - Door Trims
 - Instrument Panels
 - Steering Wheels
 - Stepping Shields
 - Seats
 - Visors
 - Door Panels
 
Exterior Parts
 
- Bumpers
 
Die Castings
 
- Oil Pans
 - Clutch Housings
 - Pedals
 - Fuel Filter Brackets
 - Ignition Coil Brackets
 - Head Covers
 - Engine Mounts (RH) Brackets
 - Water Covers
 - Throttles

History

1969 The Company was established by China No.2 Automobile Works as a manufacturer to specialize in producing instrument meters and sensors and adopted the name 'Instrument Branch Plant of China No. 2 Automobile Works'.
1970 Officially started production.

Nov. 1992

The Company and Keihin Corporation of Japan jointly established Zhanjiang DENI Carburetor Co., Ltd. to manufacture carburetors. 
Apr. 1993 Changed its name to 'Instrument Company of Dongfeng Motor Corp'.
Apr. 1995 Changed its name to 'Xiangfan Dongfeng Motor Instrument Co., Ltd.'
Apr. 1997 The Company was formed into a stock company by Dongfeng Motor Corporation and adopted a new name, 'Dongfeng Motor Electronic Instrument Co., Ltd.'
Sep. 1995 The Company and TeleFlex jointly established Shanghai TeleFlex Morse Dongfeng Control System Co., Ltd. to manufacture flexible shafts.
1996 Xiangfan Dongchi Auto Parts Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of the Company, established Xiangfan Dongchi Auto Parts Co., Ltd. to manufacture flexible shafts.
Apr. 1997 Dongfeng Motor Co., Ltd. converted the Company to a joint-stock corporation, renaming it Dongfeng Motor Electronic Instrument Co., Ltd.
Jun. 1997 Moved its headquarters to Shanghai from Xiangfan City, Hubei Province.
Jul. 1997 Listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
Dec. 1999 Acquired Dongfeng Carburetor Co., Ltd. as a production subsidiary.
Aug. 2000 Adopted its current company name 'Dongfeng Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. (DETC)'.
Changed the company name of 'Dongfeng Motor Electronic Instrument Co., Ltd.' to 'Dongfeng Elcetronic Technology Co., Ltd. Instrument Company'.
Oct. 2001 Changed the company name of 'Dongfeng Carburetor Co., Ltd.' to 'Dongfeng Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. Automobile Braking System Company.'
2002 The Company established Dongfeng Youlian (Shiyan) Auto Trim Co., Ltd. to manufacture instrument panels and steering wheels for commercial vehicles.
Dec. 2002 Acquired 'Dongfeng Automotive Interior Trimming Co., Ltd. 'and changed the company name to 'Dongfeng  Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. Automotive Trim System Company.'
Sep. 2003 Established Dongfeng Visteon Automotive Trim System Holding Co., Ltd. (currently called Dongfeng Visteon (Wuhan) Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd.) as a joint venture among Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim System Co., Ltd., China Dongfeng Motor Industry Import & Export Co., Ltd., and Visteon of the U.S.A. to manufacture interior trims.
Nov. 2003 Established Dongfeng (Shiyan) Nonferrous Parting Co., Ltd. to manufacture nonferrous metal die casting products.
Dec. 2003 Established Dongfeng Xiangfan Instrument System Co., Ltd. to manufacture instrument meters.
Feb. 2004 Dongfeng Motor Co., Ltd. acquired a 75% stake in the Company from Dongfeng Motor Industry Investment Co., Ltd., thus becoming the main unit of the Company.
Jan. 2005 The Company and Johnson Controls jointly set up Guangzhou Dongfeng Johnson Controls Automotive Seating Co., Ltd. (DFJC) to produce car seats.
Jan. 2006 The Company and Dongfeng Visteon Wuhan Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. jointly established Dongfeng Visteon (Shiyan) Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. to manufacture interior trims.
Feb. 2006 The Company and  Johnson Controls of the U.S.A. jointly established Shanghai Johnson Controls Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd. to manufacture instrument meters, information displays, and body controllers for passenger vehicles.
May 2008 The Company decided to increase its investment in Shanghai Johnson Controls Automotive Electronics Co., Ltd., which is its joint-venture company with Johnson Controls.
Feb. 2011

Acquired another 20% stake in Zhanjiang Derry Carburetor Co., Ltd.

2013

The Company transfered its 55% share in Dongfeng Youlian (Shiyan) Auto Trim Co., Ltd. to its subsidary, Dongfeng Visteon Automotive (Shiyan) Trim Systems Co., Ltd., it no longer held Dongfeng Youlian's equity directly.

Feb. 2013

The Company and Visteon announced that Visteon transfered its 20 percent share in Dongfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd.  Dongfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems, which is currently owned by the Company, Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems, and Visteon, became a 50-50 joint venture between the Company and Yanfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems.

Nov. 11

Dongfeng Kasai (Xiangyang) Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd., a joint venture between the Company's subsidiary, Dongfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd. and Kasai Kogyo Co., Ltd., was officially established. 65% of the new company's share is owned by Dongfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems and the remaining 35% by Kasai Kogyo.

May 2014

The Company and Knorr-Bremse Asia Pacific (Holding) would establish a joint-venture company to develop, produce and assemble brake products for commercial vehicles.49 percent of new company's share is owned by DETC and 51 percent by Knorr-Bremse.

Sep. 2014

Dongfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd., its subsidiary, and Kasai Kogyo Co., Ltd. established a 50-50 joint venture in Dalian, Liaoning. The new company is called Dongfeng Kasai (Dalian) Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd.

Dongfeng Visteon Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd., the Company's joint venture, established a wholly owned subsidiary in Yancheng. The new company is called Dongfeng Visteon Yancheng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd.

Dec. 2014

The Company established a joint-venture company with Bremse Asia Pacific (Holding). The new company, Dongke Knorr Commercial Vehicle Brake System (Shiyan) Co., Ltd.,is owned 51 percent by DETC and 49 percent by Knorr-Bremse.

Jan. 2015 Dongfeng Visteon Wuhan Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd., joint venture of the Company, established a joint-venture company with Grupo Antolin of Spain. The new company is called Dongfeng Antolin (Wuhan) Automotive Toppings Co., Ltd., 49 percent was owned by Dongfeng Visteon Wuhan Automotive Trim Systems and the remaining 51 percent was owned by Grupo Antolin.
Dongfeng Visteon Wuhan Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd., joint venture of the Company, established a joint-venture company with Grupo Antolin of Spain. The new company is called Dongfeng Antolin (Wuhan) Automotive Trim Co., Ltd., 51 percent was owned by Dongfeng Visteon Wuhan Automotive Trim Systems and the remaining 49 percent was owned by Grupo Antolin.

Supplemental Information 1