Stanley Electric Co., Ltd. Business report FY2008
|Financial overview||( in millions of JPY )|
|FY2008||FY2007||Rate of Change (%)||Factors|
|Car Electronics Division|
Highlights by Region
Sales decreased as a result of the global slump in demand and poor domestic demand which arose through a decrease
d in individual
Automotive sales in the U.S.A. significantly decreased as a result of the worsening financial crisis. This greatly affected the Company and its sales remained at substantially lower levels.
Orders for products for motor cycles and electronic device products such as LED decreased in line with worldwide production decreases.
Revenues increased due to increased orders for automotive device products.
Sales of automotive device products, electronic device products and electronic application products decreased as a whole.
Mid-term Business Plan
- The Company's "Third Mid-term 3-year Business Plan" started in April of 2007.
- Hatano Factory, its main automotive lamp manufacturing facilities in Japan, aims to become a model plant with superior productivity and is implementing staged restructuring.
- Construction of its new No.1 Building at Hatano Factory was almost complete as of April 2009. The Company plans to move production equipment and carry out other preparations to start phased production at the new plant in August 2009.
Total R&D expenses for FY2008, which ended Mar. 2009, are as
- Total R&D expenses: 4,087 million yen.
- Automotive products: 1,635 million yen
- Electronic products: 2,452 million yen
1. Optoelectronics area
- High power white LEDs
- High power red/infrared LEDs
- High speed sensitive image sensors
2. Display area
- Super-high contras LCDs
- Optical micro-scanners
- Display drive circuits
3. Source of light and illumination area
- Automotive lamps
- Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps (CCFLs)
- LED street lightings, indoor lighting
- Light source unit for LCDs
4. Software area
- Distribution light simulation systems
- Optical device optimal design tools
- Human interfaces
5. Products utilizing above devices and technology
Technological Cooperation Licensing-in (As of March, 2009)
|Hitachi Ltd.||Patent on LCD||Validity period of the patent|
|Nichia Corporation||Patent on White LED||Validity period of the patent|
Technical Tie-up for Automotive Lights (As of March, 2009)
|Thai Stanley electric Public Co., Ltd. (Thailand)||Technology related to automotive lamps||31 Mar., 2009 (Note)|
|SL Lighting Corporation (Korea)||Technology related to automotive lamps||31 Mar., 2009 (Note)|
|Kenmos Technology Co., Ltd. (Taiwan)||Technology related to area light source||31 Mar., 2010|
|Lumax Industries Ltd. (India)||Technology related to automotive lamps||31 Mar., 2010|
Out of the total amount, the Company invested 14,542 million JPY in manufacturing facilities for the automotive business.
Plans for new production facilities (Automotive components)
|Name||Location||Planned total investment (million yen)||Start month and year||Planned completion|
|Stanley Electric Co., Ltd. (Hatano Factory, etc. )|| Hatano City,
Kanagawa Pref., etc.
|17,503||Apr., 2008||Mar., 2010|
|Guangzhou Stanley Electric Co., Ltd.||Guangzhou, China||8,112||Jan., 2008||Mar., 2013|