Brose Fahrzeugteile GmbH & Co. KG Business Report FY ended Dec. 2013
|(in million EUR)|
|FY ended Dec. 31, 2013||FY ended Dec. 31, 2012||Rate of change (%)||Factors|
1) Net Sales
-In 2013, the Company's sales increased 6.3% over the previous year to EUR 4,779 million. Much of the increase in sales was due to strong growth in North America and Asia.
Recent Development Outside Germany<Korea>
-Mando-Brose Corporation, a 50-50 joint venture between Mando Corporation and the Company, announced that it has started to mass-produce steering motors at its Incheon Plant. (From a press release on November 1, 2013)
Awards-The Company announced that its hands-free liftgate drive received BMW's "Supplier Innovation Award" in the category of "highest customer benefit." The drive also won the "Pace Award" from Automotive News. This product will be fitted in 14 different vehicle models of Ford, Mercedes-Benz and BMW by the end of this year. (From a press release on June 21, 2013)
-The Company received the 2012 Supplier Award from Daimler in the exterior category. This marked the second time that the Company has received the award in four years. The Company develops door systems and window regulators for all Daimler's current vehicle models. (From a press release on March 22, 2013)
-In 2013, the Company won the "Supplier of Best Cost Effectiveness 2013" award from FAW for its product reliability, optimal cost efficiency and high standard of quality.
R&D Structure-In 2013, 8% of the Company's annual turnover was invested in product development and production technologies.
-The Company has approximately 2,500 engineers and technicians developing products and processes.
Product Development2013 Frankfurt Motor Show
-At the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show, the Company displayed a variety of technologies across multiple automotive systems.
- Brushless motors: Featuring torque ranges from 2.5 to 23 newton-meters and performance levels from 80 to 1,000 watts, the Company's brushless motors can be used in HVAC blowers, steering systems, transmission systems, and cooling fans. These motors offer weight and size savings compared to mechanically commutated motors.
- Liftgate featuring intelligent cargo management: The liftgate displayed in Frankfurt uses a sensor system to allow hands-free opening and closing of the liftgate. In addition, it also features a contact-free anti-trap feature that recognizes obstructions and prevents the liftgate from closing. Another feature is a low-noise and lightweight liftgate latch that has an automatic soft-close function.
- Glass fabric reinforced polypropylene door system: The door system weighs 350 grams less than conventional plastic door systems and 1.2 kilograms less than standard steel doors while still being as safe as standard door systems in crash tests.
- Lightweight front seat structure: Through the use of high-strength steel and plastic in the frame and various seat components, the Company created a front seat structure which weighs less than 15 kilograms and is 25 percent lighter than comparable products.
- Carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) door concept: The concept on display uses a layered structure to withstand stresses and is 4 kilograms lighter compared to a standard aluminum door.
|(in million EUR)|
|FY ended Dec. 31, 2013||FY ended Dec. 31, 2012||FY ended Dec. 31, 2011|