PT. Astra Otoparts Tbk Business Report FY ended Dec. 2018

Financial Overview

(in billion IDR)
  FY ended Dec. 31, 2018 FY ended Dec. 31, 2017 Rate of Change
Sales 15,356.4 13,549.9 13.3
Net Income 611.0 551.4 10.8


Joint Venture

-Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd. (Toyoda Gosei) announced that it will establish a joint venture for airbag production in Indonesia with the Company. About JPY 4.5 billion will be invested through the end of March 2026, and production is slated to start in November 2020. The joint venture will be Toyoda Gosei’s second production base in Indonesia. The company will establish an airbag production system to meet tightening local safety regulations. The new joint venture, PT. Toyoda Gosei Indonesia, will be located in Karawang Regency, West Java. Toyoda Gosei will own an 80% stake in the joint venture, and the Company the remaining 20%. The joint venture will have USD 22 million (JPY 2.5 billion) in capital. Construction will start in February 2019, and the new plant is scheduled to start production in November 2020. The total land area will be 50,000 square meters. It will produce airbags and fuel system parts for Japanese automakers in the country, including Toyota Motor Corporation and Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd. (From an article in the Nikkan Jidosha Shimbun on December 5, 2018)


R&D Facilities

-The Company conducts R&D activities mainly in the Engineering Development Center Division, established in 2012.


Capital Expenditure

-The Company’s capital expenditure in the fiscal year ended December 31, 2018 totaled IDR 534.9 billion.