Valeo Group (China) FY2007-FY2008
<Lighting System Division>
Operation launch at Foshan Ichikoh Valeo Auto Lighting Systems Co., Ltd.
- In April 2007, Foshan Ichikoh Valeo Auto Lighting Systems Co., Ltd., a joint-venture company between Ichikoh Industries and the company, started producing lighting products for Japanese automakers' plants in China.
<Engine Cooling Division>
Producing engine cooling modules
- In April 2008, Guangzhou Valeo Engine Cooling Co., Ltd., the Company's wholly owned subsidiary in Guangzhou, started manufacturing front-end modules for the Qashqai SUVs built by Dongfeng Nissan Passenger Vehicle.
Cumulative production of air conditioning compressors reaches 10,000 units
- In October 2007, Valeo Fawer Compressor (Changchun) Co., Ltd. manufactured its 10,000th air conditioning compressors. Valeo Fawer Compressor (Changchun) is a joint-venture company between Valeo and Fawer Automotive Parts Co, Ltd. It began commercial production in September 2006.
Production of torque converters
- In July 2008, Valeo Automotive Transmissions Systems (Nanjing) Co., Ltd., the company's wholly owned subsidiary to manufacture torque converters, started operations. It will deliver its initial lot to Shanghai GM.
<Interior Controls Division>
Production of parking assist sensors
- Production of parking assist sensors began at Shenzen Valeo Interior Controls Co., Ltd., which was established in Shenzen, Guandong Province in 2007.
<Motor and Actuator Division>
Divestiture of motor and actuator business
In June 2008, Nidec announced that it had acquired the Motor Division of Shanghai Valeo Automotive Electric Motor & Wiper System Co., Ltd, and renamed it Nidec Shanghai Automotive Electric Motors Limited. In November 2006, Nidec and Valeo had agreed that Valeo would transfer its motor and actuator business to Nidec.
Name of facility Year established City Overview Valeo Lighting Systems China Technical Center 2004 Wuhan, Hubei Province - Developing lighting system for the Chinese and the global markets Valeo Climate Control China Technical Center 2006 Shanghai - Developing car air conditioning systems for the Chinese, Japanese, and European markets
- The company receives technical support from Valeo Thermal Systems of Japan.
<Recent investment projects>
|1.||Constructing a facility to manufacture torque converters at Valeo Automotive Transmissions Systems (Nanjing) Co., Ltd.||Mass production began in March 2008|
|2.||Constructing a facility to manufacture engine cooling modules at Guangzhou Valeo Engine Cooling Co., Ltd.||Mass production began in April 2008|