|(in million INR)
||FY ended Dec. 31, 2014
||FY ended Dec. 31, 2013
||Rate of change (%)
|Profit before tax
-Total Revenues increased by 4.3% to INR 15,320.2 from INR 14,693.7 million the previous FY, despite a decline in sales of Passenger Vehicles segment by 6%. Revenues from exports increased by 55% in FY2014 as compared to FY2013 due to strong performance by the indigenously-developed Electric Power Assist Module technology (EPAM).
Activity of Subsidiaries
JTEKT Sona Automotive India Limited (JSAI)
-In the FY ended March 31, 2014, JSAI was involved in the following activities:
Sona Fuji Kiko Automotive Limited (SFAL)
- Started mass production of Column type Electric Power Steering System (CEPS) for the Maruti Suzuki "Celerio"
- Started mass production of manual steering gear for the Renault Nissan "Datsun Go"
- Column Assembly Line #2 and Warm Housing Line reduced cycle time to 26 seconds from 27 seconds, an improvement of 1 second
- Won Maruti Suzuki "Silver Trophy for Overall Performance" and "Certificate of Appreciation for Consistently High Quality Performance for the year 2013-14"
- Won "Safety Excellence Award" from JTEKT.
-In the FY ended March 31, 2014, SFAL was involved in the following activities:
- Started mass production of column jacket assemblies for the Maruti Suzuki "Celerio"
- Started exporting to Fuji Koyo Czech.