FEI’s CleanCHK System for Cleanliness Control
The CleanCHK analyzer from FEI monitors automotive part cleanliness by providing particulate data such as particle size, shape and chemistry within minutes and right on the production floor. It is the first fully automated particle contamination monitor specifically designed for automotive applications.
Technological advances in the automotive manufacturing industry have led to stricter standards for cleanliness in the fluid systems of motor vehicles, such as the brakes, hoses, nozzles and pumps. Monitoring the cleanliness of parts to quickly identify the source of contaminants is a critical concern for quality-conscious manufacturers who want to reduce field failure rates and avoid warranty costs.
Today’s manufacturing QA/QC programs must react quickly to prevent lot contamination, parts quarantine or even worse-product recall. This integrated system combines Scanning Electron Microscopy / Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy (SEM-EDX) technology for chemical composition with the power of automated particle counting to provide the fastest, most integrated platform on the market today.
This truly integrated, affordable system offers:
• Automated sample set-up and analysis
• Automated instrument calibration
• Flexible reporting module designed for any cleanliness standard
• Accurate data in minutes for particle size, shape and chemistry
• Rugged design for installation and use in production environments
Watch a webcast titled, "Measuring the Effectiveness of your Automotive Parts Cleanliness Program":
The CleanCHK system is designed specifically for automotive applications, and is set up to comply with ISO 16232 or VDA-19 automotive standards or other standards defined by the user.
Quickly acquire accurate data and obtain answers by using large data sets from particle analysis:
• Monitor trending to diagnose issues early
• Find exact source of issues with chemical composition
• Ensure the cleanliness and quality of parts
• Prevent field failure and reduce costs
Read our case study here:
FEI CleanCHK Analyzer is installed globally in most of the top ten automotive manufacturers in the world. The CleanCHK analyzer has helped OEM manufacturers reduce field failure rates in some cases by 75%. By monitoring not only particle shape and size, the data supplied on particle chemical composition allows production engineers to track the source of the contamination back to its source.
• Single vendor for imaging and analysis
• Low cost of ownership
• Durable in all environments
• Easy to use at any level
• Automated analyses and reporting
• Small footprint (benchtop)
• Trending of historical data