LEAD Co., Inc.

Company Profile

■URL

http://www.lead.co.jp

■Address

578 Yatohgo, Kumagaya-shi, Saitama-ken, 360-0203, Japan

Business Overview

-The Company's main business is to manufacture and process ordered automotive parts with a focus on sheet metal processing and plastic molded products.

-In FY ended March 2016, the Company generated consolidated sales of JPY 5.02 billion, which was a 4.2% decrease on a year-over-basis (y/y). The Group's operating profit was JPY 84 million (a 76.2% increase y/y), ordinary profit was JPY 110 million (a 110.4% increase y/y), and net income (attributable to owners of parent company) was JPY 225 million (a 16.0% decrease y/y). The auto parts business accounted for 85.4% of the Company's overall sales.

Shareholders

-Listed on the second section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. (As of Mar. 31, 2016)
Name or Company Name Investment Ratio (%)
Individual Shareholder 11.45
I.T.C. 6.65
Lead Kyoei Investing Association 6.17
Saitama Resona Bank, Limited 4.89
Saitama Kogyo Co., Ltd. 3.28
Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. 2.06
Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited 2.05
Individual Shareholder 1.82
Nippon Life Insurance Company 1.77
Individual Shareholder 1.65
Total 41.84

Products

Automotive Parts
Bumpers
Beam
Aluminum molded component
Spoilers
Plastic molded parts
Painted plastic molded parts
Handbrake lever systems

History

Oct. 1945 Mr. Inokichi Iwasaki started a sheet metal business in Tsumanuma-Machi Ohsato-Gun Saitama Pref.
Aug. 1947 Iwasaki Bankin Seisakusho joint-stock company was established in 1563-1 Tumanuma-Machi, Ohsato-Gun Saitama Pref. Operated a sheet metal, processing and sales business.
Dec. 1949 Main plant was relocated to 1564-1Tsumanuma-Machi, Ohsato-Gun Saitama Pref.
May, 1952 Tokyo branch was established in Misaki-Cho, Kanda in Tokyo.
July, 1954 Iwasaki Bankin Kogyo Co., Ltd., which took over the business from Iwasaki Bankin Seisakusho joint-stock company, was established in 1524-1 Menuma-Machi, Ohsato-Gun, Saitama Pref.
Aug. 1956 The Company name was changed to Iwasaki Electric Industry Co., Ltd.
Nov. 1958 Full-scale sales office was established in Hongo in Bunkyo-ward in Tokyo.
May, 1959 Started manufacturing auto parts in a business alliance with Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.
May, 1960 Kumagaya plant was established in Jurokken, Kumagaya-City Saitama Pref. Started manufacturing fluorescent light appliances.
Mar. 1961 Started manufacturing electric products in a business alliance with Jizeru Kiki Co., Ltd.
Aug. 1961 Construction of a cutoff and assembly plant in Yatohgo, Ohaza, Menuma-Machi, Ohsato-gun, Saitama Pref. was completed. The plant was named the Third Plant.
Feb. 1962 Construction of a new office was completed on the same site. Head quarters was relocated there.
Apr. 1962 The Company name was changed to The Lead Co., Inc. with capital of 56 million yen and 500 employees.
Apr. 1963 Increased capital to 120 million yen.
July, 1963 Listed on the second section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Oct, 1970 Construction of a plastic processing plant was completed to the west of the Third Plant. Started plastic molding.
Oct. 1974 Increased capital to 220 million yen.
Apr. 1978 Increased capital to 658.240 million yen.
Apr. 1982 A 2,000-ton plastic molding machine was introduced. Started manufacturing plastic bumpers.
Nov. 1982 Construction of the cation electrophoresis painting plant was completed.
May, 1986 The Kanto sales office was established in Toda City, Saitama Pref.
Apr. 1987 The Kiryu plant was established in Kasakake-Machi, Nitta-Gun, Gunma Pref. Started lining processing.
Mar. 1992 The Osaka office was established in Nishi-Yodogawa-ku, Osaka City.
July, 1997 Construction of a plastic painting plant was completed.
Dec. 1998 The Tokyo office was integrated with the Kanto office in Toda City, Saitama Pref.
Mar. 1999 The Osaka office was integrated with the Kanto office in Toda City, Saitama Pref.
Mar. 2003 Closed down the Kiryu plant in Kasakake-Machi, Nitta-Gun, Gunma Pref.
May, 2003 The Kanto Sales Office was moved to Kumagaya City, Saitama Prefecture. A new LB Business Division was formed, consolidating the electronic device division and roadside lamp division.
Mar. 2005 Transactions with Zexel Valeo Climate Control were completed and the Kumagaya Business Division in Kumagaya, Saitama Prefecture was closed.
Apr. 2006 Completed construction in April 2006 of a rental building built on the site of the former Kumagaya Plant in Jurokken, Kumagaya, Saitama Prefecture.
Apr. 2012 Completed construction of a distribution/logistics warehouse on the premises of the head-office plant.
Jun. 2013 Completed construction of a new paint shop on the premises of the head-office plant.
Aug. 2013 Introduced its first 3,000 ton plastic molding machine and began producing replacement plastic bumpers.
Nov. 2013 Introduced its second 3,000 ton plastic molding machine.
Nov. 2015 Completed construction of a die maintenance shop on the premises of the head-office plant.

Supplemental Information 1