Analysis Report by Component : Seat (U.S. and European Markets)
|Johnson Controls||Lear||Faurecia||Magna International|
Go to Seat (Japanese Market)
I. Global operations of leading suppliers of Seat
1) Global operating facilities by supplier
- The top 10 global seat suppliers account for 90% of all automotive seats delivered to the market.
- The top 10 global suppliers consist of five European/American-based and five Asian-based suppliers.
- Although this report focuses on the five European/American-based suppliers, one of them, Brose that is based in Germany, does not manufacture seat assemblies itself, so the report focuses on Johnson Controls (JCI) (US), Lear (US), Faurecia (France), and Magna Seating(US), with a small summary about Brose.
- Four out of the five Asian-based suppliers are Japanese, and they are covered in our seat report focusing on Japanese seat suppliers.
- Toyota Boshoku Corporation (Japan) is the world's second largest global supplier and operates in Europe and the US. However, since it is Japan based and delivers seats to mainly Toyota which is in the same Group, it is not covered in this report.
- There are seat-assembly and seat-parts production plants worldwide. Seat assemblies and parts form a major part of automotive components. As a result, OEMs place huge demands on seat suppliers to meet just-in-time (JIT) deliveries, in order to meet the needs of OEMs' expanding operations.
- JCI, Lear, and Magna of the USA for several years already have been expanding and forming their global operations.
- Europe traditionally has been the main market for Faurecia, which is based in Europe. However starting from 2012 and 2013, the company has established R&D and production plants in America and Asia, heavily investing in those regions.
- In line with expanding their operations worldwide, suppliers are forming partnerships and joint ventures with major, local suppliers, especially in Japan, China, and South-east Asia. The following are examples that took place in the Japanese market.
- JCI: joint venture with Toyota Boshoku and Tachi-S
- Lear: joint venture with Tachi-S and NHK Spring Co.
- Faurecia: joint Venture with NHK Spring Co.
- Magna: joint venture with Namba Press Works
- Until the beginning of 2012, the major seat suppliers were actively acquiring seat businesses and parts businesses; however, these acquisitions have slowed down since 2013. However, JCI, the largest supplier, has committed to making huge changes to its business organization between 2015 and 2016.
- It is transferring its interior parts business except the seat business, in which there is huge competition and low profitability, to its joint venture in China.
- It is working on spinning off its seat business, which will be turned into a new company called Adient, with the intent of keeping its financial resources intake based on the spinoff.
- JCI's strategy for the future is to specialize in power-solutions and building systems.
Production Plants/R&D Technical Centers
|Production plant||Production plant||Production plant
|Production plant||Production plant||Production plant
|Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|Thailand||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|Vietnam||Production plant||Production plant|
|Argentina||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|Brazil||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant
|Canada||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|Mexico||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|Production plant||Production plant||Production plant
|Austria||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|Belgium||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|Czech Republic||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|France||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|Production plant||Production plant
|Hungary||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|Italy||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|The Netherlands||Production plant|
|Macedonia||Production plant||Production plant|
|Poland||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|Romania||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|Russia||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|Serbia||Production plant||Production plant|
|Production plant||Production plant|
|Spain||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|Sweden||Production plant||Production plant|
|Turkey||Production plant||Production plant|
|UK||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant||Production plant|
|South Africa||Production plant||Production plant|
Note: The above lists seat and seat-parts production plants. However, those plants listed here under JCI also manufacture some interior parts such as instrument panels, door panels, and consoles.
Johnson Controls (Plans to adopt new name "Adient" in October 2016)
Summary of Business:
- The company is ranked 8th worldwide in terms of sales in 2014. The company has 25-30% of the market share for seats worldwide. Seat business' sales were USD 16,539 million, making it the number one seat supplier in FY2015, which ended In September. 2015.
- The company has three business lines, which are automotive parts, energy (batteries), and building systems. Seats, which account for 82% of automotive-part sales and 44% of total sales, are the company's major products. However, in FY2015, sales were lower year-on-year.
- It is based in the USA, but has a global presence. It its major OEM customers are based in Europe, the USA, and Japan.
- In order to retain its position as the leading seat supplier in the world, the company since 2011 has spent more than USD 1 billion and formulated a new business strategy through expanding its operations. However, the company's investors demanded that the company first improve its profitability, before it made any efforts to maintain its market share and expand business operations. JCI, in order to improve the profitability of its automotive-parts business that included seats, sold-off its electronic parts business and transferred its low-profit-margin automotive-parts business to its joint-venture company in China. Ultimately, the company decided to spin-off its seat business too and turn it into a new company, in order to maintain its financial resources.
- September 2013: sold its HomeLink business to Gentex.
- July 2014: sold its body-electronics, infotainment business to Visteon.
- July 2015: transferred its interior parts business (excluding seats) to Yanfeng Automotive Interiors Co., Ltd. (Shanghai, China), which is a joint venture with Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems.
- October 2016: plans to operate its seat business under a new company and name, which will be called Adient, listing its shares on the New York Stock Exchange.
- During the two years between 2012 and 2013, the company invested in 10 of its productions plants, including those of its subsidiaries, building new plants, expanding existing plants, or turning them into subsidiaries.
- Since 2014, it built one new plant for its seat business, a polyurethane molding plant in Mexico in February. 2014.
- In China, the company announced in September 2013 that it would increase the number of production plants in its automotive parts business, which includes seats, from 57 to 68. However, in the end, the company had a change of plans and instead transferred all of its interior parts business to its subsidiary in China and decided to spin-off its seat business into a new company.
- During 2014 and 2015, the company invested in its R&D center in China only, and did not make any major investments in its R&D center in Europe and North America.
- China: In November 2014, the company established a new headquarter facility of a joint venture, Chongqing Yanfeng Johnson Controls (CQYFJC), in Chongqing, China, at Huangmaoping Industrial Park. There, it is providing an array of services and making use of its technical expertise by conducting various activities, from measuring, evaluating, developing, engineering, and testing products, up to manufacturing products on a JIT basis.
Summary of Business/Production Plants
- In 2014, the company ranked 10th globally in terms of automotive-parts sales. In terms of seat assemblies, the company has a global market share of between 15-20% and reported sales of USD 14,098 million, ranking right behind JCI, the biggest supplier in FY2015, which ended in December 2015. (Toyota Boshoku, which mainly delivers to Toyota, was not factored in.)
- The company is comprised of two business divisions, its seat division and electric-parts division, with the seat division (including parts) accounting for 77% of its sales in FY2015. Based on this, the company is indeed one of the major seat suppliers in the world.
- It delivers seats to American and German OEMs mainly, such as GM, Ford, BMW, FCA, and VW
- Between 2012 and 2013, the only new seat production plant the company established was in China, through a joint venture with Tachi-S. However, between 2014 and 2015, the company was active in setting up new plants and acquiring other companies, as noted below.
- January 2014: Set up a plant in lasi, Romania, which is engaged in producing seat coverings such cutting and sewing. It employs 1,500 workers.
- August 2014: Acquired Eagle Ottawa for USD 850 million, which is a global supplier of leather for automotive use.
- 2015: Established a seat-cover plant in Gostivar, Romania, which employs 300 workers.
- As of December 2015, the company has 34 administrative and technical-support facilities worldwide, which includes liaison offices. Even though the company is based in the US, it has numerous R&D centers in Europe and Asia.
- It major R&D operations are located at its Global Innovation Technology Center in Southfield, Michigan, USA. In addition, it also has six advanced technology centers located around the world.
- The company is building its Innovation Design Center in Detroit, Michigan, aiming to complete it within 2016. It will mainly develop concepts for the auto sector, working on developing next-generation automotive seats and interior parts, which make use of its proprietary technology in fabrics, leather, and sewing.
Summary of Business
- As of 2014, this French auto supplier is the 7th largest auto-parts supplier in the world in terms of sales, with a 10-15% global market share of seat assemblies. Its sales in FY2015, which ended in December 2015, was USD 6,188 million, placing it just behind Lear.
- Its various divisions, in descending order according to sales, are exhaust-control, seats, interior parts, and exterior parts.
- As of FY2015, its seat business (including parts) generates 33% of sales. Its total sales company-wide exceed those of Lear. However, its seat business is far behind Lear's 77% sales-generating ratio.
- It is the world's number one supplier in terms of some specific components such as front-seat frames and mechanisms, surpassing JCI, Lear, and Toyota Boshoku.
- Looking at the breakdown of sales within its seat business, seat assemblies account for 60% of sales. Parts for frame mechanisms account for 35% of sales and the remaining 5% is generated by covers and accessories.
- Being a French supplier, it has always had strong connections in terms of supplying French and German OEMs such as PSA, Renault, and VW/Audi. Recently, though, it has begun placing a greater emphasis on the Asian market such as in China and India. Another example of this is the company's remarkable growth in sales to Nissan, as a consequence of the Renault-Nissan Alliance.
- The company continues to be active in developing new products, developing smart-seats and working to make them lighter.
- Using Cover Carving Technology (CCT), the company has made lightweight backrest panels for front seats.
- The company developed a mechanism that folds up/down the second- and third-row seats with the touch of a switch. It unveiled this concept, "Renault Espace", at the 2014 Paris Motor Show.
- Through a partnership with FAW Foundry Co., Ltd., the company developed hybrid parts, comprised of metals and components, making magnesium-alloy frames that are 25% lighter in weight compared to steel.
- The company announced its newly developed "SmartFit" concept, which uses GPS to optimize the driver's seat position according to both road and driving conditions.
- For the three years between 2013 and 2015, the company heavily invested in establishing new production plants in Asia, setting them up China, India, Indonesia, and Korea. In addition, in the 3rd quarter of 2014, the company established two new production plants in North America, one in Mexico and one in the USA, to supply OEMs operating locally.
- China: In late 2013, set up a production plant in Hubei Province to deliver seat-frames and seat-assemblies to Nissan and Dongfeng-Peugeot-Citroen
- India: Set up a production plant through a joint venture with NHK Spring (Japan) and the Krishna Group (India). The plant is located in the outskirts of Chennai and started to deliver seats to Nissan.
- Indonesia: Set up a production plant through a joint venture with NHK Spring in Java. The plant began delivering seats to Nissan in 2014.
- Korea: In 2015, set up a production plant in Yeongcheon for the purpose of delivering seat frames to Hyundai, Renault Samsung, GM Korea, and other OEMs.
- Mexico: In September. 2014, set up a seat plant in Huejotzingo, Puebla to deliver front and rear seat units to Nissan Mexicana.
- USA: In December 2014, set up a seat production plant in Wentzville, Missouri to deliver products for GM pickup trucks.
- In line with its investing in new production plants, the company announced its mid-term targets in November 2014. One is to double the sales at its Chinese operations by 2018 to EUR 4.0 billion (JPY 592.0 billion), using actual 2014 results as the benchmark. In addition, it plans to increase the number of production plants in its exhaust-system and seat business to 55, from the current 38, and increase the number of engineers from 800 to 1,200.
- Between 2013 and 2016, set up new R&D centers in China, Mexico, and Japan.
- China: At the end of 2013, set up a seat-development center in Hubei Province on the same premises as its production plant. The center is mainly involved with production technology for seat assemblies.
- Mexico: In 2014, set up an R&D center in Mexico City that mainly develops seats for OEMs with production plants in Mexico, such as VW, Nissan, and Chrysler.
- Japan: In 2016, set up an R&D center in Kanagawa Prefecture, which will work on developing products for Nissan.
Summary of Business
- Magna International, based in Canada, engages in a wide variety of automotive business sectors, from producing small parts and power units, up to assembling vehicle bodies. It is active in expanding its business further worldwide. Magna International's seat business is called Magna Seating and is based in Novi Michigan. Since the company produces seat assemblies, mechanisms, structures, and seat foam, it can be classified as not only a Tier-1 supplier delivering seat assemblies to the USA Big Three and Fiat but also as a Tier-2 supplier as well.
- After having forged numerous M&As and alliances and expanded its business operations, it has become one of the world's representative, major automotive suppliers. It recently became news when the company acquired Getrag of Germany, which is a transmission supplier. In addition, over the past five years, the company's seat business acquired Resil Minas (Brazil), Pabsa S.A. (Argentina) and Vogelsitze GmbH (Germany) Also, the interior parts business, which belonged to the seat business, was sold to Grupo Antolin of Spain in 2015.
- Magna International's sales of automotive parts are the third largest in the world, as of 2014. It is the world's largest automotive parts supplier, including business in the seat sector. However, when compared to other global suppliers, Magna International's seat business is relatively small, especially when considering Magna International's total business operations. Its seat business is ranked 5th or 6th in the world. This is based on the fact that (1) even though the company has business with the US Big Three for seat assemblies, it hasn't advanced sales to European OEMs, (2) it has been slow in selling in China (so far only Chrysler, Ford, and Volvo), that is the reason why the company is currently satisfied staying mid-sized.
- The company has 48 seat production plants worldwide, which include parts plants and joint ventures. The breakdown is as follows.
- North America: 19
- South America: 6
- Europe: 15
- Asia: 8
- The advantages that Magna Seating has over its competitors is that the fact that it can produce and deliver not only seats but also an array of interior and exterior parts to compliment them, and the fact that Magna Seating can avail itself of the advanced R&D capabilities such as technological expertise on materials and processing owned by its huge parent company Magna International.
- The company has five R&D centers involved in seat-development activities. There is one center each in the US, Brazil, Germany, China, and India.
Summary of Business
- The company is around the 10th largest seat supplier globally, as most of its operations are in other business areas such as interior parts and electric/electronic parts.
- The company does not build any seat assemblies, instead, it produces sub-assembly seat systems such as adjusters and recliners. As a result, it delivers not only to OEMs but also to other seat-assembly suppliers such the majors ones like as JCI, Lear, and Faurecia.
- Between 2014 and 2015, production plants for the seat business were set up both in the US and South Africa.
- Between 2014 and 2015, an electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing center for the company's seat business was set up in Wurzburg Germany. The center, although not totally dedicated to seat R&D activities, is used for testing/measuring electrical noise in power seats and smart seats.
2) Matrix of major collaborations and joint ventures among suppliers
II. List of leading suppliers of seat and their customers
Vehicles assembled in the U.S. and Europe
✓✓: Top Supplier/✓: Supplier
|Johnson Controls||Lear||Faurecia||Magna Seating||Toyota||TS Tech||Tachi-S/ INSA||Sitech|
Johnson Controls (JCI)
- As the world largest supplier in the seat sector, the company delivers products globally to OEMs based in every region.
- From October 2016, the company will adopt a new name, "Adient", and continue operating as dedicated seat supplier delivering products to the global market.
- Taking advantage of being a US-based company, it has strong ties with the US-based OEMs operating in Europe. In addition, its sells a high proportion of its seats to Fiat and Opel/Vauxhall.
- There are few OEMs with which the company has a noticeably high share of deliveries, since it delivers a constant supply of seats to each OEM. This is the reason why the company maintains its number one position as a seat supplier.
- When compared to the other seat suppliers, one noteworthy fact about JCI is that it has the seat business with the Recaro brand that mainly focuses on high-end sports cars, delivering to not only major sport-car OEMs such as Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Lotus, and Porsche but also to sport-car models built by Audi, Ford, Mercedes-Benz, Renault and others.
- Lear, like JCI, is a US-based company that also has expanded its global operations. Over the past few years, it has been increasing its business with European OEMs . However, it has little business with Japan-based OEMs such as Toyota and Nissan, and this is one major reason why it lags behind JCI.
- In this study, we did not find any particular OEM with which the company has an outstanding share of business. On the other hand, the company does a fair amount of business with all the OEMs, especially with US-based GM and Ford, on whose various models many of its seats are being installed.
- Faurecia lags far behind JCI and Lear when it comes to global market share of seats. Nevertheless, the company delivers to OEMs globally in every region.
- The company delivers a high percentage of its products to German and French OEMs, which account for 70-80% of its sales volumes. In addition, by region, 60% of sales revenue is generated in Europe, which is a huge difference with the 25% generated in the Americas.
- In view of the fact that the company has been heavily investing in production plants and R&D centers in Asia these past few years, the percentage of sales in the Asian market to European-based OEMs, including their joint ventures, is expected to rise.
- It delivers seat assemblies mainly to the US Big Three
- As for sales to European OEMs, it delivers mainly to their sub-brands.
- The company also delivers seat parts; again, mainly to the US Big Three.
- Brose does not build seat assemblies. Instead, it builds sub-assembly seat systems such as adjusters and recliners and delivers them to OEMs and seat-assembly suppliers.
- Even though it delivers its seat systems to only some OEMs directly, its seat systems are eventually becoming vehicle content, since they are being included in the seat-assemblies built by seat suppliers.
Industria de Asiento Superior (INSA) / Tachi-S
- Based on the relations between Tachi-S and Nissan, Industria de Asiento Superior (INSA)/Tachi-S is mainly doing business with Nissan in North America, delivering seat assemblies to Nissan's compact cars and light-duty commercial-vans like the Sentra, Tiida, and NV200.
- In addition to Nissan, the company delivers seat assemblies to other Japanese OEMs such as Honda and Mitsubishi.
- Sitech is VW's wholly own subsidiary. With seat-assembly plants in both Germany and China, the company delivers seat assemblies to some of VW's models sold in Europe and models sold in China, which were built at VW's joint ventures in the country.
- In South America, where VW has a strong market presence, Sitech still has not built any production plants at this point in time. Its operations are limited to its parts plant in Poland supplying metal components to VW's operations in Argentina. Based on this, the seat assemblies for VW in South America are being delivered by Magna and other seat suppliers.
Grammer / GRA-MAG
- Grammer/GRA-MAG specializes in seat assemblies for commercial vehicles, industrial machinery, and railway cars. It delivers seat assemblies to European commercial vehicles built by Daimler and others. In the North American market, the company is supplying seat assemblies to Peterbilt and Kenworth under the Packer Group, through GRA-MAG, a joint venture with Magna.
III. Product installations by carmaker, model, supplier and product
|Abarth||695 Biposto (Italy)||Sabelt||Seat|
|Aston Martin||DB9||RECARO Automotive||Seat|
|Aston Martin||Rapide||RECARO Automotive||Seat|
|Aston Martin||V12 Vantage||RECARO Automotive||Seat|
|Aston Martin||V8 Vantage||RECARO Automotive||Seat|
|Audi||A3 Limousine (Europe)||Lear (Munich)||Seat|
|Audi||A4 (Germany)||Faurecia||Front seat|
|Audi||A4 (Germany)||Faurecia||Rear seat|
|Audi||Q3 RS||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Audi||TT3 (Europe)||Lear (Munich)||Seat|
|Beijing Hyundai||Hyundai HB20 (Brazil)||Hyundai Dymos||Rear seat|
|BMW||2 Series Active Tourer||Faurecia||Seat|
|BMW||3 Series Gran Turismo (Europe)||Lear (Munich)||Seat|
|BMW||4 Series Coupe (Europe)||Lear (Munich)||Seat|
|BMW||5 Series (Long wheel sedan) (Europe)||Lear (Munich)||Seat|
|BMW||7 Series (Germany)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|BMW||i3||Toyota Boshoku Europe||Seat|
|BMW||i3 (Germany)||Boshoku Automotive Poland||Seat|
|BMW||i8 (Germany)||Toyota Boshoku||Seat|
|BMW||MINI Roadster (Europe)||Faurecia||Seat|
|BMW||X5 (North America)||Lear||Seat|
|BMW||X6 (USA)||Lear (Munich)||Seat|
|Chevrolet||Trax (Mexico)||Hyundai Dymos||Seat|
|Chrysler||Dodge Ram 1500||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Chrysler||Ram 2500 (Mexico)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Chrysler||Ram 3500 (Mexico)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Chrysler||Town & Country (Canada)||Guelph Tool||Seat|
|Citroen||C1 (Europe)||Lear (Munich)||Seat|
|Citroen||C4 Cactus (Europe)||Lear (Munich)||Seat|
|Citroen||C4 Picasso||Grupo Antolin-Irausa||Seat|
|Citroen||C4 Picasso||Faurecia||Front seat|
|Citroen||DS 5LS||Faurecia||Front seat|
|Citroen||DS6 (France)||Faurecia||Front seat|
|Daimler||Mercedes-Benz B-Class (Europe)||Johnson Controls European Headquarters||Seat|
|Daimler||Mercedes-Benz C-Class (Europe)||Lear (Munich)||Seat|
|Daimler||Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class (USA)||Faurecia||Seat|
|Daimler||Mercedes-Benz S-Class||Johnson Controls||Front seat|
|Daimler||Mercedes-Benz V-Class (Spain)||Grupo Antolin-Irausa||Seat (2nd and 3rd row)|
|Ferrari||599 GTB Fiorano||RECARO Automotive||Seat|
|Ferrari||F12 Berlinetta (Italy)||Lear||Seat|
|Ferrari||F12berlinetta (Europe)||Lear (Munich)||Seat|
|Fiat||500 Abarth (North America)||Lear||Seat|
|Fiat||500L (Serbia)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Fiat||500S Essenza (Poland)||Poltrona Frau||Seat|
|Fiat||Abarth 595 Competizione (Italy)||Sabelt||Seat|
|Ford||C-MAX (Spain)||Magna International||Seat|
|Ford||Escape (USA)||Magna International||Seat|
|Ford||F-150 (USA)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Ford||F-250 (USA)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Ford||F-350 Super Duty (USA)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Ford||Fiesta ST||Recaro North America||Seat|
|Ford||Fusion (North America)||Lear||Seat|
|Ford||Lincoln MKX (Canada)||Magna International||Seat|
|Ford||Lincoln MKZ (North America)||Lear||Seat|
|Ford||Mustang||Recaro North America||Seat|
|GM||Cadillac ATS||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|GM||Cadillac ATS-V (USA)||RECARO Automotive||Seat|
|GM||Cadillac ATS-V Coupe
Crystal White Frost Edition (USA)
|GM||Cadillac ATS-V Sedan
Crystal White Frost Edition (USA)
|GM||Cadillac CT6 (USA)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|GM||Cadillac CTS||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|GM||Cadillac CTS-V||Recaro North America||Seat|
|GM||Cadillac SRX (Mexico)||Toyota Boshoku do Brasil||Seat|
|GM||Cadillac XT5 (USA)||Magna International||Seat|
|GM||Cadillac XTS (North America)||Lear||Seat|
|GM||Chevrolet Aveo (Mexico)||LEAR CORPORATION MEXICO||Seat|
|GM||Chevrolet Aveo (Russia)||Lear (Russia)||Seat|
|GM||Chevrolet Camaro (USA)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|GM||Chevrolet Camaro Z/28||Recaro North America||Seat|
|GM||Chevrolet Colorado (USA)||Faurecia||Seat|
|GM||Chevrolet Corvette (North America)||Lear||Seat|
|GM||Chevrolet Equinox||Magna Seating||Seat|
|GM||Chevrolet Impala (North America)||Lear||Seat|
|GM||Chevrolet Malibu (USA)||JCI Beteiligungs||Seat|
|GM||Chevrolet Silverado (North America)||Lear||Seat|
|GM||Chevrolet Sonic (North America)||Lear||Seat|
|GM||GMC Canyon (USA)||Faurecia||Seat|
|GM||GMC Sierra (North America)||Lear||Seat|
|GM||GMC Terrain||Magna Seating||Seat|
|Honda||Accord Coupe (USA)||TACHI-S Automotive Seating USA||Seat|
|Honda||Accord Sedan (USA)||TACHI-S Automotive Seating USA||Seat|
|Honda||Acura ILX||TS Trim Industries||Seat|
|Honda||Acura RDX||TS Trim Industries||Seat|
|Honda||Acura RLX (USA)||TS Tech||Seat|
|Honda||Acura TL||TS Trim Industries||Seat|
|Honda||Acura TLX (USA)||Tachi-S||Seat|
|Honda||City (Brazil)||TS Tech||Seat|
|Honda||Civic (Canada)||TS Tech||Seat|
|Honda||Civic (North America)||TS Trim Industries||Seat|
|Honda||Crosstour||TS Trim Industries||Seat|
|Honda||CR-V (North America)||TS Trim Industries||Seat|
|Honda||CR-V (UK)||TS Tech U.K.||Seat|
|Honda||Fit (Mexico)||Setex Automotive Mexico||Seat|
|Honda||Fit twist (Brazil)||TS Tech do Brasil||Seat|
|Honda||HR-V (Mexico)||Setex Automotive Mexico||Seat|
|Honda||Odyssey||TS Trim Industries||Seat|
|Honda||Pilot (USA)||Bridgewater Interiors||Seat|
|Hyundai||ix35 (Czech Republic)||Hyundai Dymos||Seat|
|Hyundai||Santa Fe (USA)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Jaguar||F-Type (UK)||Lear||Front seat|
|Jaguar||XF Sportbrake (Europe)||Lear (Munich)||Seat|
|Land Rover||Overfinch Land Rover Defender
40th Anniversary Edition (UK)
|Land Rover||Range Rover Evoque (UK)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Lotus||Elise S CR (UK)||NuBax||Seat|
|Lotus||Evora (Europe)||RECARO Automotive||Seat|
|Lotus||Evora GTE (Europe)||RECARO Automotive||Seat|
|Magyar Suzuki||Suzuki Splash (Hungary)||Magyar Toyo Seat||Seat|
|Magyar Suzuki||Suzuki Swift (Hungary)||Magyar Toyo Seat||Seat|
|Magyar Suzuki||Suzuki SX4 (Hungary)||Magyar Toyo Seat||Seat|
|Mazda||2 (Mexico)||AKI Seat Manufacturing||Seat|
|Mazda||3 (Mexico)||AKI Seat Manufacturing||Seat|
|Mitsubishi||Lancer Evolution X (Europe)||RECARO Automotive||Seat|
|Nissan||370Z NISMO Roadster Concept (USA)||RECARO Automotive||Seat|
|Nissan||Frontier (Mexico)||Fujikiko TACHI-S Mexico||Seat|
|Nissan||March (Brazil)||Tachi-S do Brasil Participacoes||Seat|
|Nissan||Murano (USA)||TACHI-S Automotive Seating USA||Seat|
|Nissan||NV200 (Mexico)||Industria de Asiento Superior (INSA)||Seat|
|Nissan||NV200 New York Taxi||Tachi-S||Rear seat|
|Nissan||NV200 New York Taxi (Mexico)||Industria de Asiento Superior (INSA)||Seat|
|Nissan||Pathfinder (USA)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Nissan||Sentra||Industria de Asiento Superior (INSA)||Seat|
|Nissan||Sentra (Mexico)||Setex Automotive Mexico||Seat|
|Nissan||Sentra (Mexico)||Industria de Asiento Superior (INSA)||Seat|
|Nissan||Sentra Sport Type||Industria de Asiento Superior (INSA)||Seat|
|Nissan||Tsuru GS||Industria de Asiento Superior (INSA)||Seat|
|Nissan||Versa (Brazil)||Tachi-S do Brasil Participacoes||Seat|
|Opel/Vauxhall||Corsa OPC (Europe)||RECARO Automotive||Seat|
|Opel/Vauxhall||Insignia OPC (Europe)||RECARO Automotive||Seat|
|Opel/Vauxhall||Zafira Tourer (Europe)||Johnson Controls European Headquarters||Seat|
|Peugeot||108 (Europe)||Lear (Munich)||Seat|
|Porsche||Carrera GT||RECARO Automotive||Seat|
|Porsche||Cayenne (Germany)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Porsche||Panamera (Germany)||Magna International||Seat|
|Renault||Captur crossover||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Renault||Eolab (concept car) (France)||Faurecia||Seat|
|Renault||Kadjar (Spain)||Faurecia||Front seat|
|Renault||Scenic (France)||Faurecia||Front seat|
|Tesla||Model S||Futuris Automotive Interiors||Seat|
|Tesla||Roadster||Futuris Automotive Interiors||Seat|
|Toyota||Aygo (Czech Republic)||Trim Leader||Seat|
|Toyota||Camry (Russia)||Toyota Boshoku||Seat|
|Toyota||Camry (USA)||Toyota Boshoku||Seat|
|Toyota||Camry (USA)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Toyota||Corolla||Johnson Controls - Milton||Seat|
|Toyota||Corolla (Brazil)||Toyota Boshoku do Brasil||Seat|
|Toyota||Corolla (USA)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Toyota||Kluger (USA)||TB Sewtech De Mexico||Seat|
|Toyota||Lexus RX (Canada)||Toyota Boshoku||Seat|
|Toyota||Sequoia (USA)||TB Sewtech De Mexico||Seat|
|Toyota||Sienna (USA)||TB Sewtech De Mexico||Seat|
|Toyota||Tacoma (Mexico)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Toyota||Tacoma (USA)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Toyota||Tundra (USA)||Johnson Controls||Seat|
|Volkswagen||T5||Sitech Sitztechnik (Hanover)||Seat|
|Volkswagen||Touran||TS Tech||Seat (3rd row)|
Vehicle News, publicity materials by each company, interview findings by MarkLines, etc.
IV. Comparison in sales among leading suppliers of seat
Sales of automotive components
|Dec. 31, 2013||Dec. 31, 2014||Dec. 31, 2015|
|Johnson Controls||million USD||(Sep. 30, 2013)
|(Sep. 30, 2014)
|(Sep. 30, 2015)
Reference data: Overall revenue at each company
|Dec. 31, 2013||Dec. 31, 2014||Dec. 31, 2015|
|Johnson Controls||million USD||(Sep. 30, 2013)
|(Sep. 30, 2014)
|(Sep. 30, 2015)
|Magna International||million USD||34,835||34,403||32,134|
Source: Publicity materials by each company, interview findings by MarkLines, etc.
Global operating facilities (Details)
|JV partners||Main customers|
|Johnson Controls Inc.|
|Australia||Johnson Controls Australia Pty. Ltd.||Adelaide||M||100|
|China||Changchun Fawer-Johnson Controls Automotive Systems Co., Ltd.||Changchun||M||50||Changchun FAW Sihuan Automobile 50||FAW, FAW-VW|
|Beijing Johnson Controls Automotive Components Co., Ltd.||Beijing||M||36||Beijing Automobile Group 64||Beijing Benz, Beijing Jeep|
|Shanghai Yanfeng Johnson Controls Seating Co., Ltd.||Shanghai||M||49.99||Yanfeng Visteon Auto Trim Systems Co., Ltd 50.01||SAIC, Shanghai GM, Shanghai VW|
|Shanghai Yanfeng Johnson Controls Seating Co., Ltd.||Shanghai||M||N/A||N/A|
|Guangzhou Dongfeng Johnson Controls Automotive Seating Co., Ltd.||Guangzhou||M||10||Shanghai Yanfeng Johnson Controls Seating 80,
Dongfeng Electronic Technology 1,
Xiangfan Dongfeng Motor Electric 9
|Liuzhou Wuling Johnson Controls Seating Co., Ltd.||Liuzhou||M||34.9||Wuling Motors United Development 35.1,
Shanghai Yanfeng Johnson Controls Seating 30
|SAIC GM Wuling Automobile (Chevrolet Spark)|
|Chongqing Yanfeng Johnson Controls Automotive Components Co., Ltd.||Chongqing||M||35||Chongqing Yanfeng Industry 35,
Shanghai Yanfeng Johnson Controls Seating 30
|Nanjing Yanfeng Johnson Controls Seating Co., Ltd.||Nanjing||M||N/A|
|Nantong Yanfeng Johnson Controls Seating Trim Co., Ltd.||Nantong||M||N/A|
|Shenyang Yanfeng Johnson Controls Seating Co., Ltd.||Shenyang||M||Shanghai Yanfeng Johnson Controls Seating 100|
|Wuhan Tachi-S Johnson Controls Automotive Seat Co., Ltd.||Wuhan||M||30||Tachi-S 70||Dongfeng Honda|
|Wuhan Johnson Controls Yunhe Automotive Seating Co., Ltd.||Wuhan||M||N/A||Wuhan Yunhe Automobile Seat|
|Wuhu Johnson Controls Yunhe Automotive Seating Co., Ltd.||Wuhu||M||N/A||Wuhan Yunhe Automobile Seat|
|India||Tata Johnson Controls Automotive Limited||Pune||MR||100|
|Japan||Johnson Controls, K.K. Automotive Experience Japan||Yokohama||R||100|
|Johnson Controls, K.K. Ayase Plant||Ayase||M||100|
|Johnson Controls, K.K. Hamamatsu Plant||Hamamatsu||M||100|
|Johnson Controls, K.K. Oppama Plant||Yokohama||M||100|
|Kinryo Kogyo Co., Ltd.||Fukuoka||M||75||Tachi-S 25|
|Korea||Johnson Controls Automotive (Interior) Korea||Asan||M||100||Hyundai, Kia, Renault-Samsung|
|Johnson Controls Automotive Korea||Ansan||MR||100|
|Malaysia||Johnson Controls Automotive Holding (M) Sdn Bhd||Kuala Lumpur||M||100|
|Thailand||Johnson Controls & Summit Interiors Ltd.||Rayong||M||N/A||Summit Auto Group (Thailand)|
|Argentina||Johnson Controls Rosario||Rosario||M||100|
|Master Trim de Argentina SRL||Buenos Aires||M||49||Toyota Boshoku America 49,
Toyota Tsusho 2
|Brazil||Johnson Controls Gravatai||Gravatai||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Pouso Alegre||Pouso Alegre||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Santo Andre||Santo Andre||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Sao Bernardo do Campo||Sao Bernardo do Campo||MM||100|
|Johnson Controls Sao Jose dos Campos||Sao Jose dos Campos||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Curibita||Sao Jose dos Pinhais||M||100|
|Canada||Johnson Controls Milton||Milton||M||100||Ford|
|Johnson Controls Mississauga||Mississauga||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Orangeville||Orangeville||M||100||Chrysler|
|Intertec Systems St. Marys||St. Marys||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Windsor (Lakeshore)||Tecumseh||M||100||Chrysler|
|Johnson Controls Tillsonburg||Tillsonburg||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Whitby||Whitby||M||100||GM|
|Trim Masters Canada, LP||Elmira (Ontario)||M||49||Toyota Boshoku 26,
Toyota Boshoku America 20,
Toyota Tsusho America 5
|Setex Canada GP||Shelburne (Ontario)||M||49||Tachi-S Canada 51||Honda|
|Mexico||Johnson Controls Ediasa||Ciudad Juarez||M*5||100|
|Johnson Controls Puebla||Puebla||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Ramos Arizpe||Ramos Arizpe||MM||100|
|Johnson Controls Tlaxcala||Tlaxcala||M||100|
|Technotrim de Mexico S. de R.L. de C.V.||Ramos Arizpe||M||51||Tachi-S Engineering USA 49||Nissan, GM, Ford|
|USA||Johnson Controls Prince||Holland (MI)||R|
|Group Office Headquarters - CDU||Plymouth (MI)||R|
|Group Office Headquarters - CTU||Plymouth (MI)||R|
|Johnson Controls Cottondale||Cottondale (AL)||M||Mercedes-Benz|
|Johnson Controls Bridgewater||Eastaboga (AL)||M|
|Johnson Controls - Johns Creek Facility||Suwanee (GA)||M||GM|
|Johnson Controls Sycamore||Sycamore (IL)||M||Chrysler (Belvidere plant)|
|Johnson Controls Service Center Winchester||Winchester (KY)||M|
|Johnson Controls Shelbyville||Shelbyville (KY)||M|
|Johnson Controls Shreveport||Shreveport (LA)||M|
|Johnson Controls Warren Bridgewater||Warren (MI)||M|
|Johnson Controls Battle Creek||Battle Creek (MI)||M|
|Johnson Controls Bridgewater||Detroit (MI)||M|
|Johnson Controls Cottonwood||Holland (MI)||M|
|Johnson Controls Holland||Holland (MI)||M||GM|
|Johnson Controls Maplewood||Holland (MI)||M|
|Johnson Controls Meadowbrook||Holland (MI)||M|
|Johnson Controls WAVE Lab||Holland (MI)||M|
|Johnson Controls Lakewood||Holland (MI)||M|
|Johnson Controls Bridgewater||Lansing (MI)||M||GM|
|Johnson Controls Sterling Heights||Sterling Heights (MI)||M|
|Avanzar Interior Technologies, Ltd.||San Antonio (TX)||M||N/A||SAT Auto Technologies, Ltd.||Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas|
|Techno Trim, Inc.||Plymouth (MI)||M||51||Tachi-S Engneering USA 49|
|Setex, Inc.||St. Marys (OH)||M||49||Tachi-S Engneering USA 51||Honda|
|Trim Masters Inc.||Bardstown (KY)||M||49||Toyota Boshoku 26,
Toyota Boshoku America 20,
Toyota Tsusho America 5
|Austria||Johnson Controls Graz||Graz||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Mandling||Mandling||M||100|
|Belgium||Johnson Controls Assenede||Assenede||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Geel||Brussels||M||100|
|Bulgaria||Johnson Controls Automotive Electronics||Sofia||R||100|
|Czech Republic||Johnson Controls Ceska Lipa||Ceska Lipa||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Mlada Boleslav||Mlada Boleslav||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Roudnice||Roudnice||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Straz pod Ralskem||Straz pod Ralskem||M||100|
|France||Johnson Controls Automotive Electronics||Cergy||R||100|
|Johnson Controls Conflans||Conflans||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Creutzwald||Creutzwald||M||100|
|Johnson Controls La Ferte Bernard||La Ferte Bernard||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Rosny Sur Seine||Rosny Sur Seine||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Strasbourg||Strasbourg||M||100|
|Germany||Johnson Controls European Headquarters||Burscheid||R||100|
|Johnson Controls Engineering Center Grefrath||Grefrath||R||100|
|Johnson Controls Karlsruhe||Karlsruhe||R||100|
|Recaro Automotive Seating||Kaiserslauten||MR|
|C. Rob. Hammerstein||Solingen||MR|
|Johnson Controls Bochum||Bochum||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Boeblingen||Boeblingen||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Bremen||Bremen||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Lahnwerk||Dautphetal||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Espelkamp||Espelkamp||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Grefrath||Grefrath||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Hannover||Hannover||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Hilchenbach||Hilchenbach||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Lueneburg||Lueneburg||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Neuenburg||Neuenburg||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Neustadt a.d. Donau||Neustadt||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Rastatt||Rastatt||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Remchingen||Remchingen||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Rockenhausen||Rockenhausen||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Saarlouis||Saarlouis||M||100||Ford|
|Johnson Controls Ueberherrn||Ueberherrn||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Roth Freres Insitu-Technologie GmbH & Co. KG||Waghaeusel||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Wuppertal||Wuppertal||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Zwickau||Zwickau||M||100||VW|
|Hungary||Johnson Controls Mezolak||Mezolak||M||100|
|Italy||Johnson Controls Cicerale||Cicerale||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Commer S.r.l.||Melfi||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Cointer S.r.l||Rocca d'Evandro||M||100|
|Macedonia||Johnson Controls Skopje||Skopje||M||100|
|Poland||Johnson Controls International sp. z o.o.||Bierun||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Siemianowice sp. z o.o.||Siemianowice Slaskie||M||100|
|JP Foam Manufacturing Sp. z o.o.||Zory||M||100|
|Portugal||Johnson Controls Palmela||Palmela||M||100|
|Romania||Johnson Controls Mioveni||Mioveni||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Pitesti||Pitesti||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Ploiesti||Ploiesti||M||100|
|Russia||Johnson Controls St. Petersburg||St. Petersburg||M||100||Ford Focus|
|Slovakia||Johnson Controls Lozorno/Bratislava||Lozorno||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Lucenec||Lucenec||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Namestovo||Namestovo||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Zilina||Zilina||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Trencin s.r.o.||Trencin||R||100|
|Trim Leader, AS||Kostany nad Turcom (Martin)||M||51||Toyota Boshoku 49||Toyota, Peugeot, Citroen|
|Slovenia||Johnson Controls Novo Mesto||Novo Mesto||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Slovenj Gradec||Slovenj Gradec||M||100|
|Spain||Johnson Controls Alagon||Alagon||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Abrera||Abrera||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Barcelona/El Prat de Llobregat||El Prat de Llobregat||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Zaragoza||Zaragoza||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Valencia||Valencia||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Valladolid||Valladolid||M||100|
|Sweden||Johnson Controls Sweden AB||Goteburg||M||100|
|UK||Johnson Controls Burton-On-Trent||Burton-On-Trent||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Halewood||Halewood||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Brunswick Park||Brunswick Park||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Redditch||Redditch||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Stafford Park||Telford||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Halesfield||Halesfield||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Telford JRI||Telford||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Wednesbury||Wednesbury||M||100|
|Tunisia||Johnson Controls Bir El Bey||Bir El Bey||M||100|
|South Africa||Johnson Controls East London||East London||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Pretoria Rosslyn||Pretoria||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Pretoria Silverton||Pretoria||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Uitenhage||Uitenhage||M||100|
|Johnson Controls Automotive Assemblies (PTY) Ltd||Uitenhage||M||100|
|China||Beijing Lear Dymos Automotive Seats & Interiors Co., Ltd||Beijing||M||40||Hyundai Dymos 40||Hyundai|
|Chongqing Lear Chang'an Automotive Interior Trim Co., Ltd.||Chongqing||M||55||Chang'an Automobile 45||Chang'an Ford,
|Jiangxi Jiangling Lear Interior Systems Co., Ltd.||Nanchang||M||50||Jiangling Motor Group 50||JMC-Isuzu, JMC-Ford|
|Lear Automotive Fabrics (Rui'an) Co., Ltd.||Rui'an||M||75||New Trend Group 25|
|Lear Chang'an (Chongqing) Automotive Systems Co., Ltd.||Chongqing||M||55||Chang'an Automobile 45|
|Lear Chang'an (Chongqing) Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. Liuzhou branch||Liuzhou||M||55||Chang'an Automobile 45|
|Lear Chang'an (Chongqing) Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. Nanjing branch||Nanjing||M||55||Chang'an Automobile 45|
|Lear Corporation Changchun Automotive Interior Systems Co., Ltd.||Changchun||M||100||Shanghai VW|
|Lear Dongfeng Automotive Seating Co., Ltd.||Wuhan||M||50||Dongfeng Motor & Dongfeng Industrial 50|
|Shanghai Lear Automotive Systems Co., Ltd.||Shanghai||MR||100|
|Shanghai Lear Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. Wuhu branch||Wuhu||M||100|
|Shenyang Lear Automotive Seating and Interior Systems Co., Ltd.||Shenyang||M||60||Shanghai Shenhua Holdings 40||CBA-BMW|
|Tacle Guangzhou Automotive Seat Co., Ltd.||Guangzhou||M||20||Tachi-S 51,
Lear Dongfeng Automotive Seating 40,
Hsin Chong International Investment 9
|Wuhan Lear-Yunhe Automotive Interior System Co., Ltd.||Wuhan||M||50||Wuhan Yunhe Automobile Seat 50||Dongfeng Peugeot Citroen Automobile (DPCA)|
|Zhengzhou Lear-DFM Taixin Automotive Seating Co., Ltd.
*Its production is slated to get started in the first half of 2012
|Zhengzhou||M||Lear Dongfeng Automotive Seating 51
Zhengzhou Taixin Interia 49
|India||Lear Automotive India Private Limited||Chakan||M||100|
|Tacle Automotive India Private Limited||Tamil Nadu||M|
|Dymos Lear India Private Limited||Chennai||M||35||Hyundai Dymos 65||Hyundai|
|Korea||Lear Korea Yuhan Hoesa||Gyeongju||M||100||Hyundai|
|Dong Kwang Lear Yuhan Hoesa||Incheon||M||50||Dong Kwang Ki Yeon 50||GM Korea|
|Malaysia||TS-Lear Automotive (M) Sdn. Bhd.||Selangor, Tg. Malim||MM||46.15||Thai Summit 53.85|
|Vietnam||Lear Corporation (Vietnam) Limited||Hai Pong City||M||100|
|Thailand||Lear Seating (Thailand) Co., Ltd.||Mueang Nakhon Ratchasima||M||99.56|
|General Seating (Thailand) Co., Ltd.||Rayong||M||50||NHK Spring 50||Ford-Mazda, Volvo, BMW|
|Argentina||Industrias Lear de Argentina SrL||Escobar||M||100||Ford, Toyota, GM|
|Brazil||Lear Car Seating do Brasil Industria e Comercio de Interiores Automotivos Ltda.||Cacapava||M||100|
|Lear do Brasil Industria e Comercio Interiores Automotivos Ltda.||Betim||M||100||Fiat|
|Canada||Lear Corporation Canada, Ltd.||Ajax (Ontario)||M||100||GM|
|Mexico||Lear Corporation Mexico, S. de R.L. de C.V.||Cuautlancingo||M||100|
|Nuevo Casas Grandes||M|
|San Luis Potosi||M|
|USA||Integrated Manufacturing and Assembly, LLC (IMA)||Brownstown Township (MI)||M||49||Comer Holdings 51||GM, Ford, Mazda|
|Columbia City (IN)||M|
|Lear Corporation||Farwell (MI)||M|
|Rochester Hills (MI)||M|
|Belgium||Lear Corporation Belgium CVA||Genk||M||100||Ford|
|Czech Republic||Lear Corporation Czech Republic s.r.o.||Kolin||M||100|
|France||Lear Corporation Seating France SAS||Cergy||M||100|
|Lear Corporation Seating France Feignies SAS||Feignies||M||100|
|Lear Corporation Seating France Guipry SAS||Guipry||M||100|
|Germany||Lear Corporation GmbH||Allershausen-Leonhardsbush||MR||100|
|Hungary||Lear Corporation Hungary Automoive Manufacturing Kft.||Gyor||M||100|
|Italy||Lear Corporation Italia S.r.l.||Caivano||M||100|
|Poland||Lear Corporation Poland II Sp. z o.o.||Jaroslaw||M||100|
|Russia||OOO Lear||Nizhny Novgorod||M||100||GAZ, Fiat|
|Spain||Lear Corporation Asientos, S.L.||Epila||M||100|
|Lear Corporation Spain S.L.||Valls||R||100|
|Slovakia||Lear Corporation Seating Slovakia s.r.o.||Presov||M||100|
|Sweden||Lear Corporation Sweden AB||Trollhattan||M||100||Saab|
|UK||TACLE Seating UK Limited||Sunderland||M|
|Lear Corporation UK Interior Systems Limited||Coventry||M||100|
|Lear Corporation UK Ltd.||Redditch||M||100|
|Moldova||Lear Corporation S.r.L.||Ungheni||M||100|
|Turkey||Lear Trim Oto Yan Sanayi Limited Sirket||Gemlik||M||100|
|Morocco||Lear Automotive Morocco SAS||Tangier||M||100|
|South Africa||Lear Sewing (Pty.) Ltd.||Port Elizabeth||M||100|
|China||Changchun Faurecia Xuyang Automotive Seat Co., Ltd.||Changchun||M||60||Changchun Xuyang Group 40||FAW-VW (Jetta, Bora, Golf)|
|Changchun Faurecia Xuyang Automotive Seat Co., Ltd. Chengdu Branch||Chengdu||M|
|Faurecia (Changchun) Automotive Systems Co., Ltd.||Changchun||M||100||FAW-VW|
|Faurecia (Changchun) Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. Chongqing Branch||Chongqing||M||Chang'an Ford|
|Faurecia-GSK (Wuhan) Automotive Seating Co., Ltd.||Wuhan||M||51||GSK Corporation 49||Dongfeng Peugeot Citroen Automobile (DPCA),
|Faurecia (Guangzhou) Automotive Systems Co., Ltd.||Guangzhou||M|
|Faurecia (Shanghai) Automotive Systems Co., Ltd.||Shanghai||MR||100|
|Faurecia (Wuhan) Automotive Seating Co., Ltd.||Wuhan||M||100|
|Faurecia (Wuhan) Automotive Components Systems Co., Ltd.||Wuhan||M||100|
|Faurecia (Wuxi) Seating Components Co., Ltd.||Wuxi||M||100|
|India||Faurecia Automotive Seating India Private Limited||Manesar||M||100||TS Tech Sun (India) Limited →Honda|
|Japan||Faurecia Japan K.K.||Yokohama||R||100|
|Faurecia-NHK Co., Ltd.||Yokohama||M||50||NHK Spring 50|
|Faurecia-NHK Kyushu Co., Ltd.||Fukuoka||M||19||NHK Spring 81|
|Argentina||Faurecia Argentina SA||Escobar (Buenos Aires)||M||100|
|Brazil||Faurecia Automotive do Brazil Ltda.||Porto Real||M||100|
|Sao Jose Dos Pinhais||M|
|Canada||Faurecia Automotive Seating Canada Ltd.||Bradford (Ontario)||M||100|
|Mexico||Faurecia Sistemas Automotrices de Mexico, SA de CV||San Luis Potosi||M||100|
|Faurecia Interior Systems Mexico, SA de CV||Puebla||M||100|
|USA||Faurecia Automotive Seating Inc.||Cleveland (MS)||M||100||Chrysler|
|Fountain Inn (SC)||M||BMW|
|Sterling Heights (MI)||M||Chrysler|
|Czech Republic||Faurecia Components Pisek s.r.o.||Pisek||M||100|
|France||Faurecia Automotive Seating||Brieres||R||100|
|ECSA - Etudes et Construction de Sieges pour L'Automobile||Crevin||M||100|
|Germany||Faurecia Autositze GmbH||Stadthagen||MR||100|
|Lohr Am Main||M|
|SAS Autosystemtechnik GmbH & Co. KG||Leipzig||M||50||Continental 50||BMW|
|Holland||Faurecia Automotive Seating BV||Sittard||M||100|
|Poland||Faurecia Walbrzych Sp.Zo.o||Walbrzych||M*4||100||Ford|
|Faurecia Fotele Samochodowe Sp. Zo.o||Grojec||M||100|
|Faurecia Grojec R&D Center SP.Zo.o||Grojec||R||100|
|Portugal||EDA-Estofagem De Assentos, Lda||Nelas||M||100|
|Faurecia - Assentos de Automovel, Lda||Sao Joao da Madeira||MMM||100||Seat, VW|
|Sasal - Assentos paraAutomoveis S.A.||Vouzela||M||100|
|Romania||Faurecia Seating Talmaciu SRL||Talmaciu||M||100|
|Slovakia||Faurecia Slovakia s.r.o.||Lozorno||M||100||Audi|
|Spain||Faurecia Asientos Para Automovil Espana SA||Pamplona||M||100||VW|
|Asientos de Castilla Leon, SA||Valladolid||M||100||Renault|
|Asientos de Galicia, SL||Vigo||M||100||PSA|
|Asientos del Norte, SA||Vitoria||M||100||Daimler|
|Faurecia Automotive Espana, SL||Madrid||M||100|
|Industrias Cousin Freres, SL||Burlada||M||50||Lear 50|
|UK||Faurecia Automotive Seating UK Ltd.||Banbury||M||100||BMW (MINI)|
|Morocco||Faurecia Equipements Automobiles Maroc (FEAM)||Kenitra||M||100|
|Tunisia||Societe Tunisienne d'Equipements D'Automobile||Ben Arous||M||100|
|Magna International Inc.|
|China||Intier JiaoYun Automotive Parts Co.||Shanghai||MR||50||Shanghai Jiao Yun 50||FAW, Shanghai VW, Shanghai GM|
|Magna (Fuzhou) Automotive Seating Co., Ltd.||Fuzhou||M||100|
|Magna Automotive (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.||Suzhou||R||100|
|India||MSKH Seating System Pvt. Ltd.||Pune||M||50||Krishna Group 50|
|Argentina||Magna Seating Argentina S.A.||San Isidro||M||100|
|Brazil||Magna Seating Brazil||Sao Paulo||M||100||GM (2012-)|
|Sao Joaquim de Bicas||M|
|Canada||Magna Seating Inc.||Newmarket (Ontario)||M||100||Ford Edge, Mercury MKX, Toyota Sienna|
|USA||Magna Seating of America, Inc.||Novi (MI)||R||100|
|Excelsior Springs (MO)||M||Ford Escape|
|Highland Park (MI)||M|
|Shelby Township (MI)||M|
|Bloomington-Normal Seating Company||Normal (IL)||M||50||Namba Press Works 50||Mitsubishi North America|
|Gra-Mag Truck Interior Systems, L.L.C.||London (OH)||M||50||Grammer 50|
|Camaco L.L.C.||Novi (MI)||MM||32||P&C Group 68||GM, Ford|
|Chattanooga Seating Systems LLC||Chattanooga (TN)||M||49||Hollingsworth 51||VW|
|Czech Republic||Magna Seating Chomutov s.r.o.||Chomutov||M||100|
|Germany||Magna Seating (Germany) GmbH||Neuburg||M||100|
|Poland||Magna Automotive Poland Sp. z o.o.||Poznan||M||100|
|Spain||Magna Seating Spain S.A.||Barcelona||M||100|
|UK||Magna Seating (UK) Ltd.||Southampton||M||100||Ford Transit Connect|
Facilities that make seat and seat components only.
Some of Johnson Controls' manufacturing facilities listed above include plants producing interior parts such as instrument panels, door panels, and consoles.